In search of black flats ...any recs?

Karen5000

Jul 3, 2007
Hey Ladies,
looking for a new pair of closed toe black flats. I know now may not be the best time to search for this since its summer, but I thought I'd give it a shot. I have juicy couture edith flats as my go to black flats before, but i'm a bit tired of having I guess something so recognizable to people, ie. tory burch revas, and juicy flats. (although i dont think they are quite as recognizable as revas). Plus they kind of click and clack when I walk. I want something without gold embellishments bottom line. I want something black, but possibly a bit quirky? a bow, ruffles, etc...not necessarily plain black, unless well they are lanvin or really great, but these are too pricey for me right now. Comfort is also a factor. Price range is around $300 (ie. $300 on sale, or $300 regular price) Thanks!

I tried on the Edith too and they did make this funny noise, haha. I got some coach flats instead and they very comfy and cheap too, mine were on sale for under 100 but thet usually go for around 150 or less. Nobody can really tell what brand are my black flats because they are not too flashy.

^have you looked into Loeffler Randall? I'm not sure what all their black flat offerings are right now, but they tend to add a little emellishment to their flats and I find them super comfortable.

Ah, searching for the perfect black flats- story of my life! I tend to go for the plain ones, so here are some choices for plain if you decide you want that:
Loeffler Randall has some nice black flats right now, with just a little gathering over the toe. I saw them at Bergdorf Goodman yesterday, I think they were $350.
J.Crew has some basic black suede flats for around $125, they are plain but I'm thinking about getting a pair because they are reasonably priced, and J.Crew shoes are pretty good quality.
I have a pair of Michael Kors flats, the style is called "Halo" and they are made of super soft leather. They do show a lot of toe cleavage, and if you get them, have them resoled before you wear them because the soles wore through super fast. They were originally $300 but I think I've seen them on Bluefly for less.
I also really like the Steven by Steve Madden "Nola" flat. Not sure if they still make this style, but it's a classic black pointed flat and they are very soft and comfortable for $100.
Repetto flats are comfortable, but they are a ballet flat and if you want something you can wear to work, I'm not sure I'd recommend these.