In search of a great hobo...opinions please!

I am looking for a great large size hobo/shoulder bag in leather. I usually go with black but a grey or tan would be nice. I am open to other colors (but do prefer gold hardware). Just more in search of a great style, preferably under $600.
One of my favorites is the Rebecca Minkoff Nikki hobo if that gives you an idea of the size that I am looking for. I also love the Marc by Marc Jacobs leather bags. I have young children so I need a roomy bag but not one that looks like luggage.
Thanks in advance

MBMJ huge hillier! You can't go wrong with the hillier! (Probably one of the best hobo bags ever made IMHO, that's why everyone has one haha) Plus you can get it for a steal on Kijiji or evilbay, just make sure you get it authenticated

Coach has some amazing all leather bags with tiny logos that you can grab at the outlet for at least half off

i have several Nikkis but the magnetic snap closure is driving me crazy :Pullhair: so, i rarely wear them.
i have 2 bags in a hobo style also from RM - the Luscious Hobo mini. the size is perfect. the zip closure and external pocket make it more wearable. and it looks great with the spikes around the edge. it also comes with a long strap so that you can carry it as a crossbody or shoulder bag. since it comes with some hardware, it's quite heavy. i usually take off the short strap so it's less heavy in that way.

picture.php

picture.php

Henri Bendel Debutante Hobo $398 is currently on sale for $348 or on eBay for less than half.
Dimensions: 12.5"H X 16.5"W X 5.5"D; 9" Handle drop or 22" crossbody handle drop

The Bendel hobo mentioned above is really nice. I have seen in person and was impressed. I also agree with the Kooba reco, and there are good prices to be had on those.

Along with the above recommendations, I would add the Gerard Darel 36 Hour Midday Midnight to the mix...it's a large hob in amazing leather at a great price point (especially pre-owned).
Good luck!

I loove a nice hobo bag! My current lust-after bag (well, one of them :P )is the Mulberry Effie but I also love Liebeskind bags and especially Margo. These two ladies are a bit like one another but Margo has a zipper whereas Effie closes with a magnetic button. Both have a strap you can detach and replace with a longer one, Margo also has the fold option. Both are gorgeous, but with a significant price difference - Margo retails for a little over 200 € and the Effie around 1 000 €.

I love this hobo! Do you happen to know where I could find a black with gold hw? I am not familiar with this brand and where it is sold.
Henri Bendel bags are sold on their website or thru their own stores only I think
http://www.henribendel.com/debutante-hobo-27524113300193.html?start=29&cgid=shop_handbags_shoulder

The black only comes with silver hardware and the sale is still active but I expect it will soon.

And here's a thread about their bags
http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/henri-bendel-bags-anyone-747582.html

I love this hobo! Do you happen to know where I could find a black with gold hw? I am not familiar with this brand and where it is sold.
I cannot recall if the black hobo had a gold hardware option. I recommend calling the flagship store in NYC and asking them what is still available in this style on the sale floor. When I was there a few weeks ago, there were tons of this style in various colors.