In love...with a huge dilemma

I picked up the Tossed Lace Lindsey in Parchment that I had on hold at an outlet. The bag is beautiful, even moreso than I thought. I also love the size of the Lindsey. I had been afraid that it would be too big from pictures online, but it is perfect.

However, I got the bag home and started looking over every nook and cranny of it, and found that there's a small slit about 1/4 of an inch long on the top of the rear shorter handle. It's very small, and for how great of a deal the bag was (and the fact that I live 90 minutes from the outlet), I'm inclined to overlook it. But, as the night has gone on, I keep looking at the slit. It's small enough that no one but me would be likely to see it, but I don't know if it will get larger/worse with use of the bag.

I still have the tags on the bag. The only other one at the outlet when I was there today had what looked to be a black transfer mark on it. I called the next closest outlet, but they don't have any. I did not take the tags off, so could exchange it if I find another, but it would likely mean a 2-3 hour drive each way, and even if I put another on hold, there's no guarantee that it will be in any better shape than the bag I have now.

Do I have any options for fixing this slit? Any and all suggestions appreciated!

Attachments

• cut.jpg
    cut.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 599
nothing is perfect in life which includes bags so if that was me...i would wear it and love it! Now...had i payed FP for it...YES i would return and get another one and KEEP exchanging until i find a perfect one but considering its from an outlet and you got a great deal on such a beautiful bag (wow i didnt know they were at the outlets already) i dont suggest you return it if its small enough that you can overlook it and live with it. Hope that helps!!

nothing is perfect in life which includes bags so if that was me...i would wear it and love it! Now...had i payed FP for it...YES i would return and get another one and KEEP exchanging until i find a perfect one but considering its from an outlet and you got a great deal on such a beautiful bag (wow i didnt know they were at the outlets already) i dont suggest you return it if its small enough that you can overlook it and live with it. Hope that helps!!
I agree with this. Trying to use the same advice on the bag I just got.

It's a beautiful bag, hopefully you will be able to overlook it!

Check out the rehab and rescue club. As a fellow rehabber, I have seen firsthand the miracles that can be worked. There may be a type of leather glue or something that you can dab on there to seal the cut. Let me know what you find out.

I'm really picky, too, but I might be able to overlook it if I got a really good deal. It would bother me much more if it was on the body of the bag instead of the handle...but if you feel it will hinder you from wanting to carry it or you think you will focus on it all the time, it might be better to either return it or keep searching for one you can exchange it for.

If you got a super good deal and it’s too inconvenient to exchange for another, I would keep it if you really like the bag. Maybe there is something you can do to disguise it a little if it bothers you that much. If you can’t, well I’d say it’s better as far as flaws go than dark stains and things.

I paid 42% of MSRP. While it was a good deal, it was still a nice chunk of change to spend. If I paid FP, it would already have been returned. :smile:

I agree with this. Trying to use the same advice on the bag I just got.

It's a beautiful bag, hopefully you will be able to overlook it!

I want to be able to overlook it, but am having a hard time. If it were a darker color that the cut didn't show as clearly on, I think it would be easier.

Check out the rehab and rescue club. As a fellow rehabber, I have seen firsthand the miracles that can be worked. There may be a type of leather glue or something that you can dab on there to seal the cut. Let me know what you find out.

I posted to the R & R Club thread. Thanks for the idea!

I'm really picky, too, but I might be able to overlook it if I got a really good deal. It would bother me much more if it was on the body of the bag instead of the handle...but if you feel it will hinder you from wanting to carry it or you think you will focus on it all the time, it might be better to either return it or keep searching for one you can exchange it for.

I am SUPER picky about my items. Unless I'm getting an item for 35% of MSRP or less, it better be perfect. I know, I'm overly demanding. You're right that it would be worse on the body than the handle. I just worry that with using the handles, it will wear/get worse quickly. Once the tag's off, I'm stuck with it for better or worse!

Thanks for the great suggestions so far, please keep them coming! I also bit the bullet and asked my husband to stop at an outlet for me tomorrow, as he's traveling and going to be driving right by one. I was trying to keep this as a last resort, as there's likely going to be some sticker shock involved. But I'll call in the morning and see if they have any to put on hold. I'm sure a stop at the Coach Factory Store will just be the highlight of his trip.

Since you just bought it and have photos what about contacting coach customer service? Maybe they will be able to provide a replacement or at least send it for repair? I don't think you should settle for a damaged bag even at a sale price. Hopefully it wasn't marked down because of the damage. If so then the damage should have been clearly marked IMO and shown to you by an SA. Just my opinion since I am new to Coach after a long absence.

These just came to the outlets, so if you call around you will probably find another one. I would do a charge send and have another one sent to me. Just make sure the SA looks it over for you or even better grabs a new one still in the bag.

greenes_girl said:

I agree and then worst case this is a coach we are talking about here. If it does get whose later on down the line I think you can send it in for repair or even replacement handles. Since you got it for such a good deal and you do not live close to the outlets I would over look it and try to look into cosmetic repair in the rehabs section. :smile:

Now. Mod shots with her?

Agree w/ PPs to have the outlet do a charge/send on another one since the one you got is damaged (and that's what you tell them when they try to refuse to do it).

Ugh....sorry about your Lindsey! I'm having the same issue with a dove/gray Poppy satchel I picked up this weekend. I didn't see it til I got home but it has a very faint stain on the front - like a water stain or something. I tried using siggy cleaner on it and that didn't help. It was so faint I didn't even see it at the store and it only really shows in certain lighting. But I know it's there and it's the first thing my eyes are drawn to. What kills me is that there were two others of the same bag and I put them aside because they appeared to have dirt stains and this one didn't. They got snatched right up so exchanging is not an option now, either.

The big difference is that I paid $60 for the Poppy on clearance and I know you paid a lot more than that for your Lindsey. I know Leesburg had at least five on the shelf yesterday at 40%/30%, so you might try a charge send to get a new one and return the damaged one if it's really bugging you. I definitely see how it would be bothersome. On the other hand, it is a $600 bag for $250 which is hard to beat. :amuse:

Good luck and keep us posted!

I picked up the Tossed Lace Lindsey in Parchment that I had on hold at an outlet. The bag is beautiful, even moreso than I thought. I also love the size of the Lindsey. I had been afraid that it would be too big from pictures online, but it is perfect.

However, I got the bag home and started looking over every nook and cranny of it, and found that there's a small slit about 1/4 of an inch long on the top of the rear shorter handle. It's very small, and for how great of a deal the bag was (and the fact that I live 90 minutes from the outlet), I'm inclined to overlook it. But, as the night has gone on, I keep looking at the slit. It's small enough that no one but me would be likely to see it, but I don't know if it will get larger/worse with use of the bag.

I still have the tags on the bag. The only other one at the outlet when I was there today had what looked to be a black transfer mark on it. I called the next closest outlet, but they don't have any. I did not take the tags off, so could exchange it if I find another, but it would likely mean a 2-3 hour drive each way, and even if I put another on hold, there's no guarantee that it will be in any better shape than the bag I have now.

Do I have any options for fixing this slit? Any and all suggestions appreciated!

I can see why you love this bag because I saw it yesterday too and it is a stunning bag.
What I would recommend to do is ask the manager of the store if they can discount it since it is a little damaged at the handle. This happened to me with the Fawn Laila and there was a slight mark on mine. The SA asked the Manager if they could do something since it was the only one left on the shelf and he gave me an extra 10% off of a 698 bag. So I paid 698-40% -30%-10% so I bought her at a great deal.
I don't know about you, but I can overlook a small damage for a great price :biggrin:
That is what I would do. First explain your situation over the phone, maybe she can do the adjustment over the phone, if not then go in and it might be worth the trip.
Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.