In Honor of Elsa Peretti- Please Post Your Favorite Pieces

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this! I am almost sure your silver starfish is the same one as the jumbo pave. The little guy's legs are in the exact position too! I will be travelling in about three weeks to pick up some pieces (VCA, not Tiffany), but I will stop by Tiffany and get this large one. When I am there, I am also going to buy a 30" chain (or may 28" or 32") that looks good with it. I'll try to run the chain through the starfish hole, but if it doesn't fit, I'll ask if Tiffany can remove the clasp, run my starfish through and put the clasp back on. If they say no, I'll just buy the chain and have my local jeweler do it anyway. I just need to be sure the chain itself fits through the hole.

I think Tiffany has silver chains that will allow it to fit through fine. I looked at some chains from Peretti pieces and a chain that is Tiffany, not Peretti. The first photo below are three chains... the one on the left is a chain I purhased at Tiffany to hang my Chinese Takeout Pillbox. The one in the center is the chain from the Medium Peretti bottle, and one on the right is the Large Peretti Bottle. You can see the chains are almost the same size, the center one is the thinnest. However, the clasp might be the issue as they are all round and probably larger than the starfish hole. I am sure I can make it work and will pick a chain that is the correct thickness (Tiffany makes chains in various thickness you can purchase).

I am so excited now... I can't wait to go in a few weeks. I told my husband about the starfish and showed him your starfishes, especially your platinum one. He totally loves it. I told him there is a jumbo platinum one! My husband then says "is that another one of those hard-to-find pieces?". I responded to him "no, it's one of those hard-to-stomach-the-outrageous-price pieces!" :lol:

Thank you so much for sharing these photos and thank you and @AntiqueShopper for making me fall in love with starfishes.

View attachment 5045263

View attachment 5045264

Yay, so happy my post was helpful, I'm excited for you! :smile: I look forward to seeing what comes home with you from both Tiffany and VCA! Your pendants are so fun. Look at all that gleaming Tiffany sterling silver! I think some think of silver as a lesser jewelry metal. Have never felt that way, I love it's slightly warm hue, and it's especially gorgeous in larger pieces. I love platinum for diamonds and for durability, but sterling is :love:!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AntiqueShopper
Thank you! :hugs: I was excited to order an all silver one because I feel like I can wear without worry. Plus I get 2 new designs to add to my collection:biggrin:. Hopefully it ships today or tomorrow!

Thinking about and awaiting a new item :broom: is almost as fun as the receiving and wearing! And will be fun for you to have another sterling charm bracelet that feels more care free. :flowers:

• Love
Reactions: AntiqueShopper
What pieces would everyone most like them to offer again? I loved many of the disc designs (not sure if that was the official name). I dithered too long, and then the ones I liked were gone. There was a large disc, silver pendant, and small disc, crystal earwire earrings with a bezel set diamond. The earrings I've seen offered pre-owned, but with what seems to be a stratospheric price!

I wish they would reissue this piece. I have this necklace is gold which I love. They still sell some of these disks, but they're smaller - this one is larger (same size as my larger gold one). I know it was sold in the Hong Kong T&Co market, but I could never track it down in the USA. I hope someday I can find one. I've literally been looking for it for over ten years.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 8.32.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 8.32.45 PM.png
    293.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 8.32.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 8.32.35 PM.png
    520.8 KB · Views: 17
I wish they would reissue this piece. I have this necklace is gold which I love. They still sell some of these disks, but they're smaller - this one is larger (same size as my larger gold one). I know it was sold in the Hong Kong T&Co market, but I could never track it down in the USA. I hope someday I can find one. I've literally been looking for it for over ten years.

Yikes, a ten year search, I hope you can find one! Is it jade? I'll have to dig around and see if I can find an image of the one I loved. They ran a magazine ad of it when offered, and I remember taking into my local store to ask about it. It was large (maybe 1.5" - 2" in diameter), and I believe it was on a black cord. Because of the reflection in the photo, I thought it was turquoise!! :nuts: But when I asked, I was told that it was silver. I was also told that I wasn't the only one coming in to see "the gorgeous, large disc pendant in turquoise"! Still, it would be fun to have the silver one!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BigAkoya