In between 226 and 227

trinie

O.G.
Jan 2, 2007
I was hesitating between these 2 sizes. I plan to get a resissue in black with SHW. I usually in my casual wear like jean. I at 160cm and 48kg. I tried the 226 is perfect size for me and I also tried the 227 (just a little oversize) and also look good on me. Anyone can give me some opinion which one should I buy.

Remember the newer reissues have a wider bottom so they hold more than the original version. I'm a stretch at 5'10, 140 and prefer the 226 size. It's not overpowering size-wise, fits what I need, doesn't bear down on my shoulder, trigger pain faster. But these are my reasons for preference and other people have different lifestyles, carry more stuff, so size is truly a personal preference thing as is color.

I'm a fan of the 226. I think Chanel hit it on the mark with this size. Just wish there was this size in the flaps too. I think the 226 is more versatile as it can transition from day to night, casual to a little bit dressy, & it's looks perfect proportion-wise on almost everyone. The 227 is more of a casual, day bag & great if you need the extra room. So it really depends on your lifestyle. I think both sizes work with jeans, but if you're more often a casual dresser & don't go to any fancy place, then get the 227.

If the reissue you are considering to get is the pre 08 slimmer based one, I would recommend the 227. You will love the extra space and it is very streamlined and not bulky. But if it is the reissues after 08, Chanel made those with more depth and I think the 226 will be good.

I love both - I have the same figure as you and I find 226 is really a good size for me from day to night. I choose maxi for my big bags since 227 has similar size as jumbo.