Impulse Purchase - Second Guessing Monogramming

lwwpdx

O.G.
Jan 25, 2013
I have looked at purchasing a St. Louis tote for a few years, but have never gone through with the purchase as I've had doubts about durability and couldn't decide on size. Last fall I was in Chicago and saw the Artois as it seems sturdier and in between the two St. Louis totes. Fast forward to this past Friday, and I was visiting Beverly Hills and stopped into the store with 15 minutes until it closed. I had a very nice sales lady and decided quickly and on the spot to finally go ahead and get the Artois MM.

I am excited for the bag (black with tan), but I'm having doubts about the monogramming. I decided to have my three initials on the outside in orange. I was going to do white, but she pointed out that the orange often looks nice with the tan straps. I agreed and went with that. Now, I'm having doubts and feel like black with orange will look too Halloween ;) I kind of was thinking yellow might be better instead? I have been looking for pictures online, but haven't found any good examples of the Artois with the subtle monogramming. Have you seen any or have thoughts on the colors?

They told me it might take up to 8 weeks so I'm guessing I still have time to change the colors if I do so quickly.

I don't think orange will look too Halloween as there will be a mixture of black, white and tan in the background. The monogramming is also not that big. Personally, I think it will look stunning! Color is a personal choice, however, so if you prefer yellow, it will look equally as beautiful.

Thank you everyone for the reassurance! I think I just was doubtful since I really didn't debate and made such a quick decision. Went in, saw the Artois said let's get it within a few minutes. I was going to do white monogramming, and the SA suggested orange and I said okay. Anyway, it's a beautiful bag and I'm excited to receive it! Alebeth, you're right that the monogramming is very subtle, so I'm sure anything would look good. Thank you!