Tech iMac

^^^you must be one very proud papa! :smile:
and I confess I have an imac the 27". It was my gift to myself for a getting a new job with significant increase in pay! (and before that I had the low end 13" macbook, which I gave to my dad who's dell died around the same time.)

^^^you must be one very proud papa! :smile:
and I confess I have an imac the 27". It was my gift to myself for a getting a new job with significant increase in pay! (and before that I had the low end 13" macbook, which I gave to my dad who's dell died around the same time.)

Haha, yeah, at Best Buy Black Friday only me and this woman (who got the 27") got the iMac, everyone else was getting the Macbook Pro.

Didn't want a laptop, I wanted a big screen

The 27" is already the size of a small TV, and me and a friend have already used it as one lol

Haha, yeah, at Best Buy Black Friday only me and this woman (who got the 27") got the iMac, everyone else was getting the Macbook Pro.

Didn't want a laptop, I wanted a big screen

The 27" is already the size of a small TV, and me and a friend have already used it as one lol

Me too! I figure it's like having another TV in the house. Especially since it comes with a remote! :graucho:
My logic was get an imac and then get an ipad for on the go usage. As I figure highend macbook proc would cost the same as a highend imac+ ipad combo. Ironically thought, I bought the imac, but just can't seem to justify the ipad. i keep thinking maybe I should ge a netbook instead. I visit some sites that just seem to work beter on a pc than mac so I figure that might be the better option...

Me too! I figure it's like having another TV in the house. Especially since it comes with a remote! :graucho:
My logic was get an imac and then get an ipad for on the go usage. As I figure highend macbook proc would cost the same as a highend imac+ ipad combo. Ironically thought, I bought the imac, but just can't seem to justify the ipad. i keep thinking maybe I should ge a netbook instead. I visit some sites that just seem to work beter on a pc than mac so I figure that might be the better option...

Yeah, as much as I like OS X Lion I can still run Windows XP and Windows 7 when I want to/need to. I will still run my old Windows XP machine once in awhile to dig up old files and access programs that were only made for Windows.

You can also install Windows 7 on your Mac via Bootcamp. I thought it was a complex procedure but I read it's fairly straightforward

Ironically thought, I bought the imac, but just can't seem to justify the ipad.

Try this: buy one of the magnetic covers and use it to watch videos (Netflix, Hulu Plus, Time Warner app) while laying down in bed or on a couch. Fold the cover to make it stand up right, flip the iPad horizontally, and just let it lay on your chest. It's super-comfortable

I've seen several people with the iPad without the cover, I don't know at all how that could work, it has to be super-uncomfortable constantly propping it up all the time

I don't really like web browsing with it, unless your viewing the mobile/tablet edition of the site (which there aren't enough of yet) it runs slow, even with a fast internet connection. So I mainly use mine to watch videos

Newbie Alert!!!! :smile:

We bought the new iMac.
Please teach me how to set-up the email

User 1: (for me)
- i've set it up already. no problems. (my email is from my cable/internet, eg:
mail.optimum.net)

User 2: (for dh)
- he wants to use his blackberry email (eg: xxxxx.tmo.blackberry.net) but somehow I just couldn't figure it out how to do it

Please help!