I'm Totally Laughing at Myself (re: frugality vs. Bbag purchase)

That's how I save up for my Bals! I bring leftovers to work for lunch and I snack on the free fruit and biscuits. We have a barista at work so I don't spend money on coffee. I could get away with not spending a single cent a day - just parking which is covered in household expense.

I absolutely do the same thing... Those $1 coupons really add up....

I was reading a finance blog posting the other day; the blogger was asking why anybody would need a $300 :nono: Coach bag... She had purchased a perfectly good purse for $3 that would carry her stuff just fine.

Then a few days later, she wrote another post about overdrawing the checking account that day, and getting charged bank fees. All I could think was.... yes, I have some very expensive (and of course, unnecessary :P) bags, but I have money in my checking account to pay for them, and I do not incur bank fees.... so who's budgeting better?

We're by no means rich, but we balance being frugal in some areas, and being (very) good to ourselves in others.

AGREE. I know people stare at me funny when I wear an expensive bag, yet shop at Walmart. Just because someone likes to treat themselves to nice items does not mean they feel the need to shop luxuriously all the time. There is nothing wrong with saving money when necessary to splurge on the things you love. Also, I never overdraw from my account and can afford my bags while living comfortably. Overdrafts are a complete waste since nothing is bought with the money!

Yep, I am so guilty of this.

I was thinking of purchasing a different leather sofa, a corner one and was put out at the price of 2000 pounds, which really equates to 2 tiny B bags, which wouldnt even cover the arm of the corner sofa lol, but I still didnt want to pay it, but happily pay full price for a bag! No logic whatsoever in the female brain for sure :biggrin: