I'm Stumped....Need your recommendations for a slouchy hobo/tote!

Hi DC Blam

I'm going to say Ignes- get the Virginia tote. I just ordered one.
They have lots of gorgeous grey colors- I got a hnadbag in dark grey w/ crinkled grey patent. You can tell him how long you want the handles, I ordered an 11" clearance on my Virginia.
They will line it in suede. They also have orange and yellow leather available.

Here are the greys of my Sophia I am using:

attachment.php

Here is DSRK's patent purple Virginia:

mt9kiq.jpg

2r4312h.jpg

Look around all the Ignes threads. Email Ignacio- ask about a Virginia in 3" depth.
There is so much you can do, ask for rolled handles, a detachable messenger strap or shoulder strap, extra pocket in the back, contrast threading like a Marc Jacobs handbag.
They are only making the Virginia until the end of November.
It is already off the website but they are making it for us tpfers and you get that 1st time buyers incentive. It is an amazing company.
The girls say the patents are up there with Jimmy Choo, better than Chloe! You'll be happy if you take my advice, trust me!

If you get it now it is $355 but going up to $395- but you also get a 1st timer percentage off.

gorgeous bag! the purple is sooo pretty!

hi dcblam! :smile: yes i absolutely loved it when i saw it! Unfortunately i'm in Hong kong and i got her at Lane Crawford... price is about $550usd (sorry if i wasn't supposed to say that on here)... i'm not sure where you can find it in the states b/c i haven't seen this brand ANYWHERE yet! I tried googling it as well- it seems like paris has some online shops but it's all in french. :sad: hopefully one of the online shopping sites will pick this brand up soon in the states b/c the leather is soooo lovely!!

hi dcblam! :smile: yes i absolutely loved it when i saw it! Unfortunately i'm in Hong kong and i got her at Lane Crawford... price is about $550usd (sorry if i wasn't supposed to say that on here)... i'm not sure where you can find it in the states b/c i haven't seen this brand ANYWHERE yet! I tried googling it as well- it seems like paris has some online shops but it's all in french. :sad: hopefully one of the online shopping sites will pick this brand up soon in the states b/c the leather is soooo lovely!!

You're lucky in that you have access to many different manufacturers in "that part of the world"......we'll keep our fingers crossed that they will distribute to the US.
Thanks for letting me know!

and yes privatejoy, I've looked at Treesje! Thanks for pitching in!!

You may want to take a look at Kooba Blake.

Here's a thread here that has some nice pics of it in "stone".

http://forum.purseblog.com/kooba/blake-stone-is-here-343771.html

azureartist -
I just love the look of this bag and had it on my shoulder a couple of weeks ago at Saks - in the camel patent.....lush!
I so wanted it....and trotted around w/it for awhile on my shoulder...looking in the mirror....asked SA their opinion...and the consensus....too big for me! UGH!
Great suggestion..THANKS!

avp -
I wished the Fatima was not "washed out".....it would have been a great bag to keep and I would not have been posting here. I took another look-see at the website thinking that they may have others posted...I'll just have to re-visit once they get the Fall lineup "on line". Thanks for thinking of me and you're spot on.....am LUSTING FOR GREAT LEATHER!

^^^

Ack! sorry--forgot that you had bought the fatima in the first place--didn't mean to shove CC down your throat! :P I'll keep an eye out for other options for you though!

THE SEARCH IS OVER (at least for this type of bag....how could it possibly be totally OVER?????....I would miss you guys too much!)

What is this bag???
It's by Pollux Handmade...out of NYC. Photo is from their website.
http://www.polluxhandmade.com/

Oops, picked up the wrong photo.....shown is Hano, I got Luke (smaller dimensions)

Vegetable dyed, all handmade leather. Very simple design...the beauty is in the leather. I got one that is RUST colored body, straps are dark brown and stitching is flax.
In the fine tradition of Henry Cuir or Henry Beguelin.
Like the boho vibe....but not too BOHO.

Strap drop is 10", 13 wide by 15 tall, 2" depth.
Should be a perfect fit for my short frame.

From Kate's Boutique. I have not seen IRL.......will let you know.

mlinky -
LOL!!! I actually thought about this bag a couple of hours ago.....we ARE on the same wave length!!! But I thought it might be a bit too trendy - wanted something more timeless.

YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN FANTASTIC!!!!!
You've made me really THINK about what I wanted....your suggestions helped me fine tune what I was looking for.....as always, you guys are so helpful and amazing!

Will update later!

Last edited: