I'm Stumped....Need your recommendations for a slouchy hobo/tote!

Wow - what great suggestions!

mockinglee -
can't tell you how many times I have picked up the MJ Hobo....the name plate just doesn't do it for me.....that "under the radar" aesthetic that seems to drive me........but in terms of shape and double-handle...PERFECT! Ugh.

tanmonahan -
hanks for the BE recommendation.....like the shape, but the bag is a bit busy for me.......

azureartist -
now this one is a possibility....will check it out for sure! Thanks.

circoit -
wow, forgot about these folks and I was in their store in Montreal last August looking at their stuff....I need to bookmark their website. Thanks!

staargrl -
WOW! Now we're talking....great slouch, great shape.....now, how in the world do I find this brand in the US???? Though it appears that the shoulder drop is too short, but like the aesthetic!!! Thanks....where did U find it????

leo-babe.....
I do like LP....but it's a bit more casual/busy "look" than what I am looking for.......AND, want more "lux" leather (but I don't want to pay for it!!! LOL)

I know, I'm kinda being a "pain in the a$$"....it's kinda like trying to find a needle in the haystack....but after being here on this Forum for over a year.....you start to fine-tune your preferences!

Thanks for the recommendations...and if it's not too much to ask.....
KEEP 'EM COMING!!!

Look at this Tano- up close and personal

http://www.musthavebag.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=344&category=0

4066model_l.jpg

Hey dcblam...I agree there are amazing suggestions here! I kind of have the same taste in bags and think you should also consider Vanessa Bruno's "Lune" bag. Here is a link to a thread with pics of mine (though like I did, you might have to hunt for it here in the states- Shopbop used to carry it). http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/vanessa-bruno-bags-235250.html
Attached is a pic and another link, but if you search/google you might have better luck? http://parcelfromparis.com/window-shopping/vanessa-bruno-new-lune-bag-for-fall-08/
Also, have you considered 49 Square Miles? I just got the "Big Mouth Hobo" and the leather is great! Good luck :smile:

Attachments

• Lune.jpg
    Lune.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 81
^ i saw a similar makowsky at my local tj maxx and was impressed by its soft leather. the bag had a bit too much flashy hardware for me but the leather was very soft.

WOW...I'm overwhelmed!

erica1451 -
The Balenciaga Day seems like the perfect choice - the shape, lightweight with great leather....but wanted to spend a bit less AND forgive me...but prefer to carry bags that are not being copied/faked so much!

thatgurl, duranie70 (dear) & laureenthemean
I already have a GREAT Tano and a Botkier - I wanted to get another maker

toomuchfun -
indeed, it is understated, but I would feel a bit awkward carrying a Juicy bag when my 50th is coming around the corner!! LOL!!!

mlinky (dearest bag-sis) and tanmonahan -
I know what you mean about Makowsky bags...I'm always pleasantly surprised when I pick up one of her bags...nice leather for the pricepoint!
And Hobo too...BUT....am looking for a more LUX leather.....but really like the shape/chain of the Melon bag you posted!!!!! Now, IF I could only find this in truly amazing leather!!!!!

Now...I truly am being a pain in the a$$!!!! I should have used another word instead of "stumped"!!!!!

mlinky -
isn't that Florian sublime? Nice lines, understated bag where I assume the leather just stands out????

betnyp -
HEY......how are you? Long time no talk talk.
Vanesa Bruno.....LUSH! Right down my alley too! I have looked at her bags as well...trying to find the right profile! And YES......I've looked at 49 Sq. Miles and almost bought the Big Mouth...BUT....thought better cuz I think it would be a bit too much for me.....but the "Big Mouth" association works perfectly for my "Big Mouth"! I've never seen one IRL - but have heard such great things about their leather!

Your kindness at helping me is overwhelming......THANKS SO MUCH!!! :heart:;):heart:

Keep 'em coming....your suggestions are awesome!

Don't think you mentioned a price range but I would recommend Balenciaga hobo or "day" bag...they're GORGEOUS. or rebecca minkoff nikki. their colors are so saturated and vibrant. very slouchy.