i'm so confused...wrinkles, crinkles and veins

This thread is enormously helpful to a newbie like me!

It helped me determine that my preference is a chewy, distressed, matt leather.

Now tell me, do SA's (like at AlohaRag) understand this difference when you are asking them to chose a bag? And does anyone have an SA's phone number that 'gets' this difference?

Here's a RV city. I'm thinking this is a combination of chewy/wrinkly? :confused1:

185_1414.jpg

...and now I feel a sudden urge to buy some anti-aging cream...and fruit roll ups! ;)

Yep. That's chewy and wrinkly allright! And she's Ummmm, Yummy!!:drool:

I will soon enjoy the luxury of purchasing my first BBag. The great news is that I have a business trip to NYC that coincides with my finally having my money saved up to make the purchase. So, since I will be doing this in person, what qualities should I look for in the brand new leather that will help me end up with a bag that breaks in to look/feel chewy, thick, luxurious?
Will a less shiney finish lead to a thicker, dryer and more chewy broken in bag? Or can a shiney bag still end up like a soft leather pillow?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts. Lerinda

Interesting thread... I'm learning so much from all of you!
This is a City I'm considering getting, what do you think of the leather quality? Please be honest! :yes:
How would you describe this bag? Is it veiny, wrinkly, or...?
BAL8.JPG

BAL7.JPG

I'm still lost with the terms...so...

veiny: white lines running across the leather
chewy: looks like it has a little bit of texture to it
smooshy: so smooth you could roll it in a ball
distressed: ?????
wrinkly: actual wrinkles in the bag (looks like it was smooshed up and then let go and has left over wrinkles)

How am I doing?

I don't know if this thread is still active- I'm new to tpf, and balenciaga! But I recently bought my first (and probably only) black 07 city (going for the classic). After seeing all these great posts about bbags (soo addictive!), I can't decide if I like the leather on mine or not. :confused1: What would you describe this leather as? Do you like? It does feel super soft and squishy(?), but also thin and it's so wrinkly! I do wish the leather was thicker. But the SA brought out every black city in stock, and the others seemed stiffer, grayish in color, and almost pleatherish. I only have another week or so left if I want to exchange at Barneys. I'd love any input. Thanks!!

Attachments

• black-city.JPG
    black-city.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 830
  • black-city2.JPG
    black-city2.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 717
Thanks eliza! You're so right- it's all about what you personally like the best. But I guess because I'm so clueless about bbags still, I want feedback from all of you experts! :smile: