I'm sad..and it's my fault!

toiletduck

IG: Alexa.Bui
O.G.
Mar 14, 2006
I'm a fresh grad and had the opportunity to interview last Friday for a temp job at this great finance firm for event planning. However, I was ill and asked her to move it to this past Tuesday. Come Tuesday morning, I'm still ill and decide to re-schedule again since I wanted to be at the top of my game for the interview. I call the woman and she says to email her when I feel better. I email her that evening to apologize and to reschedule, even though I'm still feeling like crap. This morning, I wake up to her email telling me that the position has been filled.

I know it's my fault. I shouldn't have rescheduled the second time. I should've made myself go and sneezed in her face or something. I just feel so stupid for even thinking that she would've waited another day or two when the job starts immediately. Now I feel sick to the stomach and I'm STILL all clogged up from my flu. I'm so stupid, I don't even pity myself because I really don't deserve it. :crybaby:

Things happen for a reason... you just weren't meant to have this job. Bet a better one comes along soon!

I've done a lot of interviews and hiring... if someone in your position had called and told me they were ill but very very interested in the job, I would've appreciated the honesty. Interviews can be done over the phone sometimes, too.

If I had to fill the position ASAP and couldn't wait for the person to be better then I'd certainly keep them in mind for the next time...

Hang in there -- something else is waiting for you!

I agree with twoharleygal...things always happen for a reason... sometimes that reason isnt clear in the beginning.. Just hang in there and surely something better will come up!

thanks for the support, ladies.

i've emailed her back, thanking her for the opportunity and apologizing for messing up our interview. i've also asked her to think of me when she needs to hire help in the future.

i'm actually looking fot FT since i'm done with school...but the temp job would've been a great experience!

i'll learn from this experience. opportunity doesn't wait around for you, but it's not the end of the world...maybe i'll get my dream job: PR for LV! :biggrin:

Everyone's right. It wasn't meant to be. So don't be too hard on yourself!
One time I had asked to reschedule due to a funeral and the woman gave me an attitude! Obviously not the kind of person I'd want to work for anyway, so sometimes its better to find those things out before you have the job!
Good luck on your job search!

I have to agree with the other posts...it just wasn't meant to be and it may sound weird but I think you were ill and couldn't make it for that very reason. I think it was a blessing in disguise and something even more wonderful is coming your way so very soon! :wlae:

Don't feel bad -- if they filled it this quickly then they probably already had someone in mind on Tuesday and you would have just been wasting your time dragging yourself in for a formality interview.

You'll find a better job when you feel good:smile:

Thanks again, ladies! i'm feeling better now...i was even well enough to go shopping today! :biggrin: ther's nothing a little retail therapy won't fix!

seriously tho, thanks so much for the comments. i was so bummed at my self for letting the opportunity go...but perhaps you guys are right..maybe there is something better out there for me!