Workplace I'm sad and I need to VENT!

The tall one

Need More Bal and LV
O.G.
Jun 19, 2007
I'm feeling sad and discouraged and i need to vent, but i didn't want to put it on FB. I'm a postpartum nurse (after you have the baby) and I really really reallly want to move to Atlanta, GA. I've been applying to two hospitals for over a year now. It took months to hear anything from both hospitals. So I've been receiving emails from one of the hospitals saying your resume is being reviewed, but no one has called. So I call nurse recruitment yesterday they call me back today, but it's looking like a no. Then I get an email that is a definite NO. I'm so frustrated! I'm not dumb I pick up things easily. Why can't I get past HR. I haven't spoken to one manager yet. I can't take it. I don't have anything really keeping me in MD ie no house to sell, no kids... This is so mentally draining because I'm used to getting what i need and want and this job isn't coming. I hope something changes for me. But thankfully I do have a job in my home state and the people i work with are amazing. Thank God for small miracles. Thanks

Hello dear - I'm sorry you are going through a rough time.

First, why are you so set on moving to Atlanta? Are you originally from there or do you have close family ties there? Just wondering where this strong urge is coming from, and whether it's strong enough to pull you away from your current job in this economic climate.

I guess the question I am asking is whether you are open to leaving your current job and moving down to Atlanta and looking for/taking a non-related temporary job so that you can look for related positions in your field. This is an enormous risk, and you have to weigh it against what you want and what you need.

Good luck with your decisions and hang in there!

Which hospitals have you applied to? I worked at the CDC for a year after college, and volunteered at the Children's Hospital right across from CDC's main campus. It's an excellent hospital in every way.

My aunt is a postpartum nurse, as is her daughter and her other daughter is currently going to school for it as well. As it may be, those two cousins of mine live near Atlanta and the older one is a baby nurse at a hospital in Atlanta. I can't remember which hospital, if it's Children's or another (the last time I actually saw them was when I worked down there, for Thanksgiving), but I'm just curious where you're applying. How much experience do you have at other hospitals?

And I second the above poster...why are you so adamant on Hotlanta? My lab there was okay, and it was nice living in a city where there was always something to do (and awesome shopping), but I knew within the first couple weeks that I would never want to live there permanently. I think it was the cockroaches, and then the huge spider in our kitchen one day confirmed it.... I still shudder at the thought of it.

I'm curious like Athena, how much experience do you have, and which hospitals? I'm interested to know why ATL, but more importantly, which areas? For instance, Atlanta proper, or suburbs like Roswell, Kennesaw, Norcross, etc?