I'm ready to take the plunge!

Caisah

LVoe is in the air..
O.G.
Oct 25, 2007
Hi! So I'm about to order a PS1 tiny in black (sooooo excited!) and they have two versions of hardware on the proenza site.

1000008429.jpg

1000008428.jpg

I'm really drawn to the darker one (gun metal) and wonder how the hardware usually hold up?

Second thing is that there is a price difference between the two, any idea as to why? Is it different leathers or something else?

Thank you for reading!

Reactions: weezer
The one with the shiny hardware is the newer model. It was introduced a couple of years ago. I think the leather on those is the same, so the PS1 bag now just has a more modern, minimalistic and sleek look, that's all. I can't say anything about the quality of the hardware of either of those Tinies - my PS1 bags all had gold-tone hardware. I don't think I've seen many bags with gunmetal hardware that had a problem with discoloration.

However, on the US website the older PS1 Tiny is sold out. I don't where you're shopping from, but I would expect only the newer model to be available for purchase.

• Love
Reactions: Caisah
The one with the shiny hardware is the newer model. It was introduced a couple of years ago. I think the leather on those is the same, so the PS1 bag now just has a more modern, minimalistic and sleek look, that's all. I can't say anything about the quality of the hardware of either of those Tinies - my PS1 bags all had gold-tone hardware. I don't think I've seen many bags with gunmetal hardware that had a problem with discoloration.

However, on the US website the older PS1 Tiny is sold out. I don't where you're shopping from, but I would expect only the newer model to be available for purchase.

Hi! Thank you for your answer! I'm in Europe so maybe they still have some older stock here? I'm probably going to go for the gun metal one, however under "details" it says gold hardware (which I also like) so I've emailed them just to know what I would be getting.

Reactions: IntheOcean
Hi! Thank you for your answer! I'm in Europe so maybe they still have some older stock here? I'm probably going to go for the gun metal one, however under "details" it says gold hardware (which I also like) so I've emailed them just to know what I would be getting.
Also, the newer PS1 is made of lambskin, while the older one - those were either lambskin or calfskin depending on color and while I think the black PS1 is also lambskin, on the website it just says, "leather." So it could be either. On the tags they often call lambskin lux leather, and calfskin is just calfskin. There isn't that much of a difference, but the lambskin they use for the PS1 bag is usually a bit thinner and more silky to the touch, I would say.

Reactions: Caisah
Also, the newer PS1 is made of lambskin, while the older one - those were either lambskin or calfskin depending on color and while I think the black PS1 is also lambskin, on the website it just says, "leather." So it could be either. On the tags they often call lambskin lux leather, and calfskin is just calfskin. There isn't that much of a difference, but the lambskin they use for the PS1 bag is usually a bit thinner and more silky to the touch, I would say.

Thank you:smile:. I love how timeless it is, haven't been this excited about a bag in a long time.

Last edited:
She's a beauty! Congrats. I think you made the right choice going with the older version with the gunmetal hardware, it looks better than the new version, IMO.

Thanks! The older one seems softer and I think it will age beautifully 😍. The leather feels great. I'm already thinking of getting more PS-bags in the future 🤔🤣😬...