I'm not sure if this is good news or scary!

I'm curious; I've watched a Gucci Dionysus bag for bid on Ebay by Eastvaleluxe for weeks now; no one bid so they continually lowered the price. Finally the starting bid was down to $2010, so I bid. I won the bid at $2250, immediately paid through PayPal. However, I sent two different emails to Eastvaleluxe asking 1) would the bag be shipped from them or Ebay, as I didn't understand how that worked?, and 2) were they certain it was authentic, as it had an exterior black pocket that the one on the Gucci website did NOT have, and I've seen that pocket on replicas. I wasn't accusatory at all; I have excellent Ebay feedback, have bought more expensive Gucci bags than this one...YET, I received no reply to my emails, but rather a cancellation of my order (stating that the buyer cancelled, which I did Not!) with a refund. No explanation as to why? Or how the Ebay authenticate works? How is it related to Eastvaleluxe? Nothing, just a cancellation and refund for the order. Unfortunately, this only adds to my suspicion; or am I overreacting here? Perhaps they prefer you only buy their bags with no questions asked :smile: Yet I've corresponded with other Ebay sellers before and found them to be quite helpful. Any thoughts??

I'm curious; I've watched a Gucci Dionysus bag for bid on Ebay by Eastvaleluxe for weeks now; no one bid so they continually lowered the price. Finally the starting bid was down to $2010, so I bid. I won the bid at $2250, immediately paid through PayPal. However, I sent two different emails to Eastvaleluxe asking 1) would the bag be shipped from them or Ebay, as I didn't understand how that worked?, and 2) were they certain it was authentic, as it had an exterior black pocket that the one on the Gucci website did NOT have, and I've seen that pocket on replicas. I wasn't accusatory at all; I have excellent Ebay feedback, have bought more expensive Gucci bags than this one...YET, I received no reply to my emails, but rather a cancellation of my order (stating that the buyer cancelled, which I did Not!) with a refund. No explanation as to why? Or how the Ebay authenticate works? How is it related to Eastvaleluxe? Nothing, just a cancellation and refund for the order. Unfortunately, this only adds to my suspicion; or am I overreacting here? Perhaps they prefer you only buy their bags with no questions asked :smile: Yet I've corresponded with other Ebay sellers before and found them to be quite helpful. Any thoughts??
The time to ask questions is before bidding! Asking all those questions makes the seller think you are going to cause problems. If it were me, I would have waited until I received the bag and then had it authenticated.

The time to ask questions is before bidding! Asking all those questions makes the seller think you are going to cause problems. If it were me, I would have waited until I received the bag and then had it authenticated.

OK, I didn't think of that. I never bid, so I'm new to that part. I always use the "Buy It Now" option instead, so you may be right; still seems since I'd already paid, they would have at least answered the questions, but it doesn't matter now. Thank you for your insight.

OK, I didn't think of that. I never bid, so I'm new to that part. I always use the "Buy It Now" option instead, so you may be right; still seems since I'd already paid, they would have at least answered the questions, but it doesn't matter now. Thank you for your insight.
Ask questions before bidding or BUYING!! When you "buy it now," you are still committing to your purchase and all concerns should be addressed prior to that commitment.

I am glad I found this post. I was ready to hit the BUY IT NOW button for a Bottega tote. Was less than $500 but I only want authentic.
Price is no indication of authenticity. I've bought 4 Bottega Venetas on ebay. Each was under $500, one was under $100, and they are all authentic. If there are proper pictures in the listing, you can get it authenticated in the BV authenticate thread.

Price is no indication of authenticity. I've bought 4 Bottega Venetas on ebay. Each was under $500, one was under $100, and they are all authentic. If there are proper pictures in the listing, you can get it authenticated in the BV authenticate thread.
Done! Thanks for the tip. I thought it was a great deal but the seller is Eastvaleluxe. Should I be worried?

Reactions: whateve