I'm back! Lipo sucess!

LondonBrat

O.G.
Dec 13, 2005
I'm back! Wooohooo!!!

As some of you know last week I went in to have liposuction. I was so sooo exited (as scared) about having it done. Armed with reassuring words from Swanky who had a similar (well, tougher) op recently, and some from friends, I went in! I half expected to bolt, but I didn't!!!

When the doctor came in to circle the areas to be removed, we discussed it and decided to go all out. I had originally planned just to have inner and outer thighs and inner knees and "love handles" done. Eventualy I ended up having- Inner and outer thighs,inner knees, upper knees, upper thighs, under buttocks, and lower back as well love handles and lower stomach (pouch). I thought I may as well get it over with at once- I'm so glad I decided that way!

Anyway, blood drawing (the yuckiest part for me), over and the thingy in my hand (you know, where they hook the IV and everything else up to) -double yuck!- I was sedated and ready to go. They rolled me in and I was told to count backwards from ten. Instead I apparently said "I really want same chocolate cake!" :lol: Great way to start fat reduction surgery! :roflmfao:

Next thing I was being wheeled into anothor room and the oxygen mask was being removed from my face! I was freezing cold and shaking, like convusling. It scared me SO much! A doc (I think anesthesiologist) smilled at me ad told me about my choclate cake line!

Anyway, I felt fine when I got wheeled into the room. I fell alseep again after a few mins of reassuring my mum I was fine. The doc checked on me and everyone kept cracking jokes about my hazed "cake" comments! :shame:

The next day things got complicated. I guess I reacted badly to the anesthesia and I started feeling really cold and ill. My fever shot up and I started vomiting (which is odd as It was 12hrs after the op!). The put me on a drip with fever reducer, then one with anti sickness meds.
I didnt get better that day and only recovered the evening after.

Eventually I went back home (well, my Mums house) and the helped look after me. I can say- yes it hurt like a :censor: . BUT- ITS SOOO WORTH IT!

Sure it's a hassle, esp as I had my legs AND my stomach done. You don't realise untill then that even blinking required your stomach muscles! Everything hurts! :yucky:

Anyway, Right now- exactly 9 days after the op- I fell fine! Sure I am a little bruised and a little tender (and have loss of feeling in some areas) but I can walk and lie down properly (coughing/sneezing/laughing really hurts!)
I am SOOOO happy I did it! Thank you for everyones support here! Also thanks Megs so much for finding and ordering th pants I was searching for! You are TOO SWEET! :lol:

Anyway, please feel free to PM me or ansk me any questions about the procedure.

Oh wow LB, you've had alot done there! You're so brave!
Can i ask what made you have it done? (sorry if i missed the original thread or this question offends - you don't have to answer:flowers:)
Would you consider posting up some pics for us to see - before and after? Just curious i guess:shame: :biggrin:

Anyway, i wish you a very speedy recovery and i hope you are really pleased with the results!
Take care:heart: :yes:

Yay! I'm glad all went well for you! Aren't you happy you decided to do it all at once? I know I was. But now I'm finding other things that I want fixed!:shame: Good luck with the rest of your recovery.

Welcome back! you are so "lucky" to have had lipo, I really desperately needs (and wants!!) one, but I can't afford and my parents won't pay for me unless I've tried to work out first for at least a year, and that's okay I guess, but I'll still might need it for my problem areas.