I'm All Coached Out!

I know how you feel! Last bag I bough at the boutique even with a pce it was selling at the outlet for less than half the original price 3 months after I purchased it. That was it for me. I truly felt
"Taken" or "hustled". I know coach is just another corporation and all that matters to them is the "bottom line" but That was the last coach I purchased and it was over a year ago. I've moved on to other brands, right now I'm loving Michael Kors.

I agree. I actually thought that with the introduction of the Phoebe and the Borough bags, they finally were going to maintain a line of basic upscale bags that would be the "Coach standard" and stop playing the pricing games. WRONG. Now the Boroughs are at the outlets right next to the MFF stuff, and the Phoebes were there months ago.

The only change in their "business model" is that they don't have PCEs any more so we boutique customers never catch a break.

For those who have not shopped ebay recently I cannot believe the bargains. I saw a laser cut Sophia in Navy sell for less than $100. Of course if I were bidding on it there would have been a war and I would "win" at $400 and only for someone sell it a week later BIN for $150 but I digress....

I am thinking as CFC09 says "all bags will go to the outlet". I think even the new SV fall bags will too, but they will just take longer. They will try to get rid of inventory at the Semi Annual sale and then the leftovers will go to outlet stores. If they do that it will solve a common concern people have of buying bags that 2 months later are in the outlet if they take more than 6 months to get there. But I am not happy with the price point increases and lack of PCE. I could swallow the higher price points if they continued PCE

I read the best piece of advice I this forum, " If you wouldn't buy it at full price, it's not a bargain at an outlet".
I try to remember that when shopping ANY Coach sale.
I have a limited budget and little free time to shop also. Coach was always my go to for quality and value. Not any more.
Last bag I purchased was the needlepoint Madison Cafe Carryall.
Color transferred ONTO my new white tee and was rough enough to pill the side where I carried it.
It went back, but what a waste of time!
I am done.

The nice thing about outlet/sales is that you can take the chance and try a bag without too much guilt concerning the cost. For some it's the only way to be able to afford to get a quality product.

Last year i went in to Coach and brought 4 bags and matching wallets full price i never knew about discounts .I purchased them because i thought id not see them again and i loved the bags.One of the sales clerks then told me about Purse Forum and i learnt about getting discounts. I havent brought a bag full price since .I have so many bags since then but i would still pay full price if i fell in love with one and wanted it despatatly. but i now have more bags than i need i switch out often so i use them all.

I too agree with most of this. Too bag you didn't get invited to the presale and yes, it's hard to not take it personally. Glad you're back to buying selectively as that's a goal I'm trying to reach.

ITA with all of this. I love to find a good deal at my outlet but what's more important to me, is getting the bag that I want, because I want it and not because it's at an outlet.

Even though Coach sends a great deal of it's merchandise (maybe even most of it) to the outlets, every single thing does not make it to every single outlet... There have been a couple of items I did not want to risk missing out on, so I purchased with pce and have no regrets.

Imo, Coach makes too much of everything: too many styles, too many colors and too many variations; so much so that the outlet destinations are inevitable. Stop over producing all this stuff Coach and maybe some of us will buy from the boutiques without hesitation.

All of this! Until Coach get this under control they are fighting a losing battle.......with themselves.

Imo, Coach makes too much of everything: too many styles, too many colors and too many variations; so much so that the outlet destinations are inevitable. Stop over producing all this stuff Coach and maybe some of us will buy from the boutiques without hesitation.

I agree with this 100%, especially the colors. Coach tests the waters with a new variation of a bag. Phoebe is the new Maggie. They see the increase in sales on a specific style of bag, interpret this data as the "it" bag for consumers, and start breeding them like crazy.

At the end of the day, I believe we all buy what we want/like/love at a price we choose to pay for it. It boils down to individual preference. Some things I choose to pay FP and never look back. Others I absolutely refuse to pay FP because I don't value it at that price point. It's neither right or wrong. We all have personal preferences.

Lastly, a wise person said, "when someone shows you who they are, believe them." Coach has shown us time and time again that they don't have their act together. Both outlet and FP buyers are dealing with somewhat similar issues. Will this be the last lot of this bag? Will the price drop lower? In a nutshell, Coach is looking out for Coach. As mentioned previously, until they stop mass producing everything, handbags will continue to show up at various outlets. So, believe Coach and whether we buy our bags from an outlet or FP, we do so consciously knowing what Coach has repeatedly shown us.

Just my $0.05..

Enjoy and rock your bags in good health ladies. Oh and post pics. Lol!

I agree with everyone's comments, this is a great thread :smile:

I have a few more thoughts on this topic so I am going to jot them down. I don't resent it when someone gets a bag at the outlet that I paid pce price for. I am happy they found a bag they love at a price they can afford. I used to resent COACH telling me that a bag will never go to the outlet and then sending it to the outlet a month later. I don't like to be lied to. It does not build a good customer relationship.

But, I got over it. Coach is truly clueless. They literally throw money away. Many of us on this forum buy bags at outlet prices that we gladly would have paid pce price for if the bag was not available at the outlet and wasn't going to be available at the outlet any time soon. That is money being thrown away, and it will come back to haunt Coach for years. They will not be able to just arbitrarily set a new price point and watch the dollars roll in. They can buy the PR and press, they can hire a new designer, but how are they going to get back all of that trust and good will that they lost along the way? :shrugs:

In any case, my purse budget is the same. Whether I buy one bag or five bags with it is irrelevant. I like the value I get for my money with Coach (still) so I am still buying. (for now)

I agree with this 100%, especially the colors. Coach tests the waters with a new variation of a bag. Phoebe is the new Maggie. They see the increase in sales on a specific style of bag, interpret this data as the "it" bag for consumers, and start breeding them like crazy.

At the end of the day, I believe we all buy what we want/like/love at a price we choose to pay for it. It boils down to individual preference. Some things I choose to pay FP and never look back. Others I absolutely refuse to pay FP because I don't value it at that price point. It's neither right or wrong. We all have personal preferences.

Lastly, a wise person said, "when someone shows you who they are, believe them." Coach has shown us time and time again that they don't have their act together. Both outlet and FP buyers are dealing with somewhat similar issues. Will this be the last lot of this bag? Will the price drop lower? In a nutshell, Coach is looking out for Coach. As mentioned previously, until they stop mass producing everything, handbags will continue to show up at various outlets. So, believe Coach and whether we buy our bags from an outlet or FP, we do so consciously knowing what Coach has repeatedly shown us.

Just my $0.05..

Enjoy and rock your bags in good health ladies. Oh and post pics. Lol!

100% agree - Preach on sister !!!

To add to this thread, even if they show up in outlets, they only show up in some outlets. A lot of the outlets get nothing good. I only get to the outlet a few times a year, but it is clear to me that their delete section is tiny, and hardly ever has anything. So I could never expect to get anything good there anyway. In fact, I walk in and wonder why so many people love the outlets so much. But I get that it just depends on which one you go to.

So, at any rate, that kind of makes the playing field uneven as well...that if Coach does send things to the outlet, only select areas can actually get the good merchandise.

The nice thing about outlet/sales is that you can take the chance and try a bag without too much guilt concerning the cost. For some it's the only way to be able to afford to get a quality product.

I hear ya there!
What I was trying to express was that you should REALLY love the bag before plunking down any money. Just cause it's on sale doesn't make it a deal if it doesn't fit your lifestyle and you never carry it.

I read the best piece of advice I this forum, " If you wouldn't buy it at full price, it's not a bargain at an outlet".
I try to remember that when shopping ANY Coach sale.
I have a limited budget and little free time to shop also. Coach was always my go to for quality and value. Not any more.
Last bag I purchased was the needlepoint Madison Cafe Carryall.
Color transferred ONTO my new white tee and was rough enough to pill the side where I carried it.
It went back, but what a waste of time!
I am done.

I wouldn't pay FP and I do get FP bargins at outlet or depart stores.

Like most have said - to each their own!

I think it is the feeling of being betrayed or let down.
For so many woman, Coach has been the go to brand for style, affordability, and quality. You could always depend on a Coach bag.
Not so any more. Quality is sporadic. Colors fade or transfer. Stitches pop.
Then the pricing scheme is all over the place.
If I wait to purchase until the sale, will it still be there? Or did they make so many that I see them everywhere?
It's kinda like that flaky friend you had in high school. You don't want to write them off, but the lack of dependability is maddening.