If you have a Madison Hippie....

Dec 28, 2009
Do you love it....not love it? Pros/Cons? I really like the look/style of the bag and was thinking of getting it in the walnut or black. Does it hold a lot and if so does it get heavy....or is it comfy to carry on your shoulder?

Thanks!!

I wear mine only on my shoulder only because the longer strap is definitely not for crossbody use, at least not for me. I'm 5'5" and it sits just below my boobs if I try to wear it crossbody (it may be a hippie on someone under 5' tall). I just took the strap off, which makes it a lighter bag.

I have the metallic and I really like it. It's super comfortable on the shoulder and it does hold quite a bit. I took it to Vegas earlier this week and carried my cell phone, ipod touch, headphones in case, wallet, capacity wristlet, Kindle, keys, reading glasses in case, sunglasses and misc. papers. I'm fluffy (i.e. need to go on a diet!) and it sits very comfortably on my shoulder. Hope that helps!

I have the walnut and I love it too! The crossbody strap works fine on me, and I'm around 5'8"......but I do like my crossbody bags to hit right above the hip, not flap around on my butt, LOL. It holds a ton but does get heavy if I overload it. But the leather is so light that I still carry more in it than other bags.

I wear mine only on my shoulder only because the longer strap is definitely not for crossbody use, at least not for me. I'm 5'5" and it sits just below my boobs if I try to wear it crossbody (it may be a hippie on someone under 5' tall). I just took the strap off, which makes it a lighter bag.

I have the metallic and I really like it. It's super comfortable on the shoulder and it does hold quite a bit. I took it to Vegas earlier this week and carried my cell phone, ipod touch, headphones in case, wallet, capacity wristlet, Kindle, keys, reading glasses in case, sunglasses and misc. papers. I'm fluffy (i.e. need to go on a diet!) and it sits very comfortably on my shoulder. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the info - sounds like it can hold a lot!!
Now...I have to decide black or walnut?? I would love the metallic but I have a 3yr old...so don't think that would be a good combo.ha ha

I absolutely LOVE mine. It is comfortable to wear both on the shoulder and cross body (I'm 5'5", size 14 for reference), it holds a ton and doesn't feel heavy because the bag itself is very lightweight.

I love mine, but I can't wear it crossbody for very long.. it hurts my shoulders!!!!!! The bag in general gets very heavy even when I don't have much in it, but when I carry it on my shoulder, it's fine and very light!

I absolutely LOVE mine. It is comfortable to wear both on the shoulder and cross body (I'm 5'5", size 14 for reference), it holds a ton and doesn't feel heavy because the bag itself is very lightweight.

thanks! sounds like my kind of bag..what color do you have?
I am trying to decide between the black and walnut....leaning towards black though because all of my accessories match that one. but i love the walnut color and the rose lining.

I am going tonight to get it so I need help deciding.....:nuts:
Thanks!

I have the black leather and Iove it. Fits nice on me.. 5'3.
I wear it shoulder and it's comfortable. I am not really a crossbody wearer so can't tell ya that one and I probably will NEVER wear crossbody.
Not heavy and it stays closed together(no huge gaps) good at the to for just a snap.

I have the black leather and Iove it. Fits nice on me.. 5'3.
I wear it shoulder and it's comfortable. I am not really a crossbody wearer so can't tell ya that one and I probably will NEVER wear crossbody.
Not heavy and it stays closed together(no huge gaps) good at the to for just a snap.

Thanks Nutz4Coach! You helped me decide..I am going to get one in black leather tonight. :yahoo:

I have the black one and I love it. I wear it crossbody most of the time. I found the crossbody strap to be a little short...the bag was hitting me too high on the hip, so I bought a trigger snap key fob in black and used it to lengthen the strap. Now it's perfect.
I think you are making a wise decision getting the black. The leather has held up fabulously, with no visible scratches/marks. I have a leather hailey in mahogany that I also wear crossbody, and that bag looks rough. The mahogany marks really easily, not sure if walnut is the same.