If you could start your VCA journey over...

EpiFanatic

VCA bb
O.G.
May 5, 2010
Hi Lovely VCA Peeps,

Another thread about regrets made me wonder, if you could do a do-over on your VCA journey, what would your first 5 pieces be, in order of purchase? Here are mine, starting from the first purchase I would make.

1. Onyx and WG 5 motif bracelet SO
2. Sweet Alhambra pave diamond studs
3. WG Signature Perlee bangle
4. WG vintage alhambra pave studs
5. WG single row diamond perlee bangle

And what would you not buy at all?
For me, any pendant... (Remind me when the holiday pendant comes around.)

Ooh this thread makes me reflect and in a good way!

So, the 5 items I would purchase would be the following: (all in Rose Gold)
1. Perlee clover bracelet
2. Perlee clover ring
3. Vintage pave earrings
4. Vintage pave pendant
5. One BTF ring (either Frivole or Butterfly… don’t ask me to choose because I am in the honeymoon phase with both :biggrin:)

What I wouldn’t buy? The white mop vintage earrings. I should have gone for magic ones! The only vintage earrings I like and wear are my pave Alhambra ones!

Reminder to myself: No more vintage earrings for me! Magic is indeed magic (sorry for the pj:biggrin:… couldn’t stop myself:giggle:)

I think I would have bought the better item earlier and just shopped less in other departments (e.g. I wish I had bought more fine jewelry than bags back when I started).

1. Although I don’t regret my 5-motif MoP bracelet per se (it was my first item from VCA), I wish I had gotten the onyx first as it is hardier and would have been worn more.
2. I would have gotten the large Frivole earrings earlier when they were available and cheaper than they were when I got them.

But if I were to start over, I’d buy:
1. Onyx bracelet
2. Perlee Clover ring
3. Guilloche earrings
4. Frivole earrings
5. 10-motif onyx necklace

I'd still have bought essentially the same, ie.

1. Lotus ring
2. Perlee Clover bracelet
3. Magic Alhambra pave pendant
4. Turquoise Rose De Noel
5. Lapis Rose de Noel

But I'd still have found a way to buy my 50th anniv alternating lapis pave bracelet and my other turquoise pieces! lol

I definitely wouldn't have bought any vintage pendants! My old eyes have trouble seeing them!

Last edited:
Hi Lovely VCA Peeps,

Another thread about regrets made me wonder, if you could do a do-over on your VCA journey, what would your first 5 pieces be, in order of purchase? Here are mine, starting from the first purchase I would make.

I'd still have bought essentially the same, ie.

1. Lotus ring
2. Perlee Clover bracelet
3. Magic Alhambra pave pendant
4. Turquoise Rose De Noel
5. Lapis Rose de Noel

But I'd still have found a way to buy my 50th anniv alternating lapis pave bracelet and my other turquoise pieces! lol

I definitely wouldn't have bought any vintage pendants! My old eyes have trouble seeing them!

You both have such gorgeous collections! It’s funny, I’m just starting my VCA journey and Vintage Alhambra pendants are what I’m hoping to collect!

Ooh this is an interesting thread! Thanks for starting the thread @EpiFanatic !
If I have to start my VCA journey all over again, these are the pieces I would get first
  1. Vintage Alhambra pave earrings RG
  2. Vintage Alhambra pave pendant RG
  3. Small Pave Frivole earrings RG
  4. 16 motif sweet RG necklace
  5. 10 motif MOP necklace YG
Regrets:
  1. Buying Grey MOP/onyx BTF ring and Frivole YG BTF ring. BTF Rings are bad idea for my skinny fingers and I sold both of these. Gosh not buying BTF rings anytime soon!
  2. Still not pulling the trigger on Perlee clover bangle RG and Lotus small pave WG earrings !:tdown: I am not used to wearing WG jewelry and bangles and and I want to be absolutely sure before I get these two pieces.

In summary, I’d be more strategic based on price and availability.

1. Vintage WG turquoise earrings (they were available when I started collecting :rolleyes:)
2. Vintage WG turquoise 20 (same as above)
3. WG Perlee clover diamond bracelet
4. Vintage WG diamond earrings
5. Small Frivole WG earrings

I had a bracelet-heavy collection early on, but the pieces are “cheaper” and still readily available. The diamond pieces seemed outrageous at the time. It might have taken a bit longer, but I’d lead with the diamond pieces to save a ton in the end. And blues look great on my skin tone, so I would have gone with more significant turquoise pieces early. I only have a sweet bracelet. I’d skip the sweets until you have some more significant and sparkly pieces.

The only piece I did right from the start was my Frivole earrings. Best cost per wear & versatile. I find myself trying NOT to wear them since they go with everything. Same with my WG Vintage diamond earrings, but I only recently acquired them.

Last edited:
Great thread!

I am quite surprised, but so many of you posted the Vintage Alhambra pave earrings on your list! Wow!
Am I missing out on something you ladies know about? I have never tried them on, never interested in them as in my mind, Alhambra is for stones (e.g. MOP, oynx, BA) and diamond pave is for the Flora/Fauna lines (e.g. Lotus, Frivole). I like sets, and I like the earrings to match my set, not the other way around. Meaning, I would never buy an earring first. I always find a necklace or ring, then get the matching earring. I'm not really picky on what earrings I wear as long as they match.

In VCA earrings, I already have the VA MOP earrings and the Frivole pave earrings. The Lotus small pave earrings are on order. Each of these earrings have at least one other piece that goes with it to make a set.

With the earrings I have already, would you still get the VA pave earrings? Do you ladies love the VA pave that much? Aren't they lonely by themselves and not as a set? I'd love your thoughts as to why you have them on your top 5 list! This is so eye opening for me. I would have never thought these earrings would be loved by so many.

This is why I love this forum... I find out from all you lovely ladies things I need! :nuts::biggrin:

Great thread!

I am quite surprised, but so many of you posted the Vintage Alhambra pave earrings on your list! Wow!
Am I missing out on something you ladies know about? I have never tried them on, never interested in them as in my mind, Alhambra is for stones (e.g. MOP, oynx, BA) and diamond pave is for the Flora/Fauna lines (e.g. Lotus, Frivole). I like sets, and I like the earrings to match my set, not the other way around. Meaning, I would never buy an earring first. I always find a necklace or ring, then get the matching earring. I'm not really picky on what earrings I wear as long as they match.

In VCA earrings, I already have the VA MOP earrings and the Frivole pave earrings. The Lotus small pave earrings are on order. Each of these earrings have at least one other piece that goes with it to make a set.

With the earrings I have already, would you still get the VA pave earrings? Do you ladies love the VA pave that much? Aren't they lonely by themselves and not as a set? I'd love your thoughts as to why you have them on your top 5 list! This is so eye opening for me. I would have never thought these earrings would be loved by so many.

This is why I love this forum... I find out from all you lovely ladies things I need! :nuts::biggrin:
Here are my guesses as to why it’s so popular.
1. It’s Alhambra which means it on its own is iconic and it can go with any other Alhambra pieces.
2. Size is just right for casual daily wear, as lots of ladies do not find this too big.
3. For a pave piece the price point is relatively reasonable.
4. And they’re beauoooooootiful. :hbeat:

Great thread!

I absolutely agree with everything that @EpiFanatic said.
The VA pave earrings are super versatile. They can be dressed up or down! I wear them with jeans, dresses, skirts etc.
The best part is that they can be worn on their own, paired up with the VA pave pendant or with Alhambra stones. Think GMOP, Malachite and even the hammered gold Alhambra pieces! If I could have just one earrings the VA pave ones would be it for me!
The Frivole is more blingy as compared to the VA earrings and that’s saying a lot because the sparkles on these babies are already amazing! I feel the VA earrings are a great balance between blingy and subtle/sedate. Hence, it’s versatility.

I hope you try them. You may be surprised how much of a staple piece these earrings can become.

Great thread!

I think it depends what you have in your collection. I bought the pave frivoles over the vintage pave at the time because I prefer the design. I do not wear my frivoles with Alhambra pieces, I don’t feel the designs go together. 2 of my 3 Alhambra necklaces have no matching stone earrings and the 3rd necklace is hammered yg. I plan to get the vintage pave earrings since they will go well with my 3 necklaces and even provide a ‘match’ for my lapis/pave Alhambra bracelet. I don’t think I would get the pave Alhambra without having these other pieces already.

I absolutely agree with everything that @EpiFanatic said.
The VA pave earrings are super versatile. They can be dressed up or down! I wear them with jeans, dresses, skirts etc.
The best part is that they can be worn on their own, paired up with the VA pave pendant or with Alhambra stones. Think GMOP, Malachite and even the hammered gold Alhambra pieces! If I could have just one earrings the VA pave ones would be it for me!
The Frivole is more blingy as compared to the VA earrings and that’s saying a lot because the sparkles on these babies are already amazing! I feel the VA earrings are a great balance between blingy and subtle/sedate. Hence, it’s versatility.

I hope you try them. You may be surprised how much of a staple piece these earrings can become.
Thanks for your great thoughts! You and @EpiFanatic just gave me an idea with your comments on mixing with Alhambra.

I wear everything casual after work hours (probably because I am so stiff and serious during work hours), so I already wear my Frivole and Lotus (both ring & earrings) with my shorts which I seem live in shorts now. For my Alhambra, I tend to match the 20 motif with the earring in the same stone.

But... both your comments on mixing with Alhambra stones is a great idea...
I have not pulled the trigger yet on an oynx set (20 motif, VA earrings, bracelet) because deep down, I worry it will harsh on my face. I also worry the oynx bracelet will be a bit boring and harsh as well on me. I looked at a GMOP set and I do like GMOP, but it does't have that pop oynx has.

Your comment made me think of a different set... it's not a perfect matchy matchy set, but it may work...
I know, I need to get over matchy matchy, but it's kind of my thing....I have matching Chanel ballet flats for my Chanel bags... but all this matchy matchy stuff works, especially when you're wearing just a striped tee and shorts! :biggrin: :nuts:

So, a new oynx "set"...
I could get the 20 oynx which is really what I love, and then I could match it with the VA pave earrings. For a bracelet, I could get the oynx/pave bracelet which would tie those together. I tried the 20 oynx/pave 20 motif, and it didn't speak to me. I really want an all oynx necklace that just screams and pops with continuous oynx clovers.

Oooh, now I need to look into this combo. I honestly had written off these VA pave earrings, but everyone loves them! I'll definitely try them next time I go to the boutique. On the VCA website, the earrings look like there is so much metal wit that metal dot in the center, and not a lot of bling.

I am glad to hear you both think they are bling worthy! Thanks so much for your thoughts! :drinks:

I think it depends what you have in your collection. I bought the pave frivoles over the vintage pave at the time because I prefer the design. I do not wear my frivoles with Alhambra pieces, I don’t feel the designs go together. 2 of my 3 Alhambra necklaces have no matching stone earrings and the 3rd necklace is hammered yg. I plan to get the vintage pave earrings since they will go well with my 3 necklaces and even provide a ‘match’ for my lapis/pave Alhambra bracelet. I don’t think I would get the pave Alhambra without having these other pieces already.
I too do not think Frivole (or Lotus) quite go together, hence I caved and ordered the Lotus earrings. Speaking of which... I think you may want to cave too. Nothing else matches, I've tried, it's hopeless. By the way, I've been wearing my Lotus ring a lot, and I really love the flower now. :biggrin:

Back to the VA pave earrings... yes, you are totally correct!
I literally just wrote a post about a new oynx "set", not quite matchy matchy, but it's the same thought you mentioned with your lapis/pave bracelet. I am glad to hear that's exactly what you do!

Looks like I really need to try these earrings on. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Hi Lovely VCA Peeps,

My only VCA is a Vintage Alhambra MOP necklace. I honestly wish I had gotten something that I could wear 24/7 instead and the MOP is just a bit delicate and has shown some wear marks.

I could get the 20 oynx which is really what I love, and then I could match it with the VA pave earrings. For a bracelet, I could get the oynx/pave bracelet which would tie those together. I tried the 20 oynx/pave 20 motif, and it didn't speak to me. I really want an all oynx necklace that just screams and pops with continuous oynx clovers.

Oooh, now I need to look into this combo. I honestly had written off these VA pave earrings, but everyone loves them! I'll definitely try them next time I go to the boutique. On the VCA website, the earrings look like there is so much metal wit that metal dot in the center, and not a lot of bling.
Sounds perfect!
@lynne_ross, @BigAkoya, I only have my VCA six motif GMOP onyx, and I am really not matchy matchy. I don’t think I would not match pave frivole with pave Alhambra. Part of it is because Alhambra is so flat and frivole is not. Re pave lotus ring and pave Alhambra vintage, I’m not sure. I suppose since the earrings are essentially like the pave version of studs, perhaps? Not an issue since I also find the vintage size too small for me (at least 10-20 necklace, and I have nicely sized diamond studs. I did, at one time, try thr two motif earrings, but I decided I preferred the bouton d’or.

my first and only VCA, the six motif necklace, works for me

Last edited: