If you could change your name, what would it be?

My first name is extremely common and it makes me that much happier that my last name is so uncommon. That said, I can't imagine not having my current full name (to the point where I'd never take a spouse's name) but I guess I have wished that my name had more familial/historical significance. I was named after a song which is charming, but I'd rather be named after a great aunt or grandmother.

For this reason, should I ever have children, I want all the names to be in that tradition of naming after relatives. If I had to pick an alternate name I'd use one of the ones I've chosen to (hopefully) use in my distant breeding future.

Hmm.. I'm okay with my first name (Laura), but as a kid I'd always wanted to be a Jeannie or a Cindy.

As for my last name.. I wouldn't have minded being given my mom's maided name for sentimental family reasons. :heart:

When I was 4, I came to my mum and said "from now on you can only call me Sophie"....I was obssessed with that name.
I am happy with mine -cool to have a foreign name for your country- but now that I´m "international" I wish I had a real french name.

I'd like a name that people could pronounce. My name is Deana (pronounced dee-na), but I get called Deanna, Donna, Dreama, Dianna, Daneena, etc. My last name gets botched too. Sometimes people get the first and last names so completely wrong that I don't realize they're talking to me (store clerks who are looking at my credit card, telemarketers, hosts at restaurants)!

I've been thinking about this lately. I like my first name a lot-it's not that common and goes well with my middle and last name-but I think I've out grown it. I've decided that starting next year (first year of college), I am going to go by my middle name (Allegra).

If I were to legally change my name I would change it to Anastasia.