If it were your bag, what would you expect?

Have you submitted this image to see what Leather Surgeons can do? Will the repair be visible
once the ink has been removed.
Whether your friend accepts your offer, you are most generous to want to replace the bag
that "speaks in itself" & whatever she decides, hopefully you will just take her out as a friend
& enjoy your afternoon together & perhaps consider treating her to something unexpected.
It's likely not necessary as it sounds like the two of you have a special friendship but think doing
this will help you feel better about how this has all been handled.
Yes. I sent in a request for service to them along with the photos. Of course it's a Friday afternoon, so it'll probably be several days until I hear back. Reading their reviews and testimonials gave me some degree of comfort. Of course there are always people who are unhappy, but the vast majority of the reviews were raves!

Yes. I sent in a request for service to them along with the photos. Of course it's a Friday afternoon, so it'll probably be several days until I hear back. Reading their reviews and testimonials gave me some degree of comfort. Of course there are always people who are unhappy, but the vast majority of the reviews were raves!
You are taking the appropriate steps & hopefully once you receive a response from LS
you & your friend can discuss what she would like to do.
Again, you have been very generous in your offer to repair/replace the bag & under the circumstances
would think your friend is very appreciative of your efforts.
JMO, you have done the right thing & made the right gestures.

Reactions: Juilletdix
Hi all, I received the quote from Leather Surgeons today. While they didn't promise the mark would be completely undetectable, they did say it would be much better. So my next question is - how do you ship and insure a bag that (now) costs $8000? I popped into a Fedex who told me their insurance limit is $5K and that I would need to get "outside insurance". I've never heard of this before. I'm insuring that package against loss in transit....I don't know who else would insure the bag other than the shipper. Thought I'd post on my thread before starting a new one. Thx!

Hi all, I received the quote from Leather Surgeons today. While they didn't promise the mark would be completely undetectable, they did say it would be much better. So my next question is - how do you ship and insure a bag that (now) costs $8000? I popped into a Fedex who told me their insurance limit is $5K and that I would need to get "outside insurance". I've never heard of this before. I'm insuring that package against loss in transit....I don't know who else would insure the bag other than the shipper. Thought I'd post on my thread before starting a new one. Thx!
I just shipped a bag to leather surgeons and used the option they recommend. It was pricey but easy and worth it- all automated with shipping labels and drop offs. You should ask them for this

I just shipped a bag to leather surgeons and used the option they recommend. It was pricey but easy and worth it- all automated with shipping labels and drop offs. You should ask them for this
They were able to print shipping labels for both of the shipments (to and from) and insure for the full replacement value?? Oh that is amazing! Thank you soooo much for that information!

Yep! Here is the language from their email:

“Once you are ready, we will send you a custom link via ShipNerd, a company we work with to simplify the shipping process and lower rates (all deliveries are still handled by UPS). Through this custom link, you can securely enter your shipping information, purchase insurance (if you choose), and generate your own label.”

• Insightful
Reactions: lill_canele
Kudos to you for being so diligent and accountable with this bag situation. I hope that Leather Surgeons will repair the bag to your friend's satisfaction. It sounds like she is hesitant about a repair and prefers a replacement?

Reactions: Loriad
How much was the quote plus shipping and insurance? If it’s me and if I buying a new bag to my friend keeping this one, I may not repair it if cost too much say $400 plus $400 total $800, because the bag may not sell for more than $3,500, rather use it then sell it.

I just want to say this can be EASILY REMOOOOVED! by yourself! I have removed ballpoint pen from my SLINGBACKS (don’t ask). Since ur friend bag is caviar it’s an even better starting point! You just need a gentle cleaner. Mine is a cream one, that and a sponge like a magic eraser very lightly and immediately tap dry - gone. I bet heavens and earth it can be done and spending that much on a repair or a new bag would be money out the window. I’ve been there!

On a side note: accidents like this are covered by your personal liability insurance, surely uve got one?

A friend once dropped my iPhone - screen broke - her insurance covered it.

My either friend had a cat who ripped my new leather jacket into PIECES and his insurance paid it all…

See!

Also there are special pens for removing ink on leather - 20€. Try it before u do anything else!

Attachments

• F3212672-EA4B-4987-8BC9-9A3D4890DA46.png
    F3212672-EA4B-4987-8BC9-9A3D4890DA46.png
    290 KB · Views: 19

See!

Also there are special pens for removing ink on leather - 20€. Try it before u do anything else!

WOW! That is impressive!! I certainly wouldn't try that myself on her bag :smile: but it makes me feel better about sending it to Leather Surgeons. Thank you!