If I don't stop I'll be a bag lady...

BrandiGirl

Jan 8, 2009
A Balenciaga Bag Lady, but a Bag Lady nonetheless, LOL. I totally know what Ms. Bradshaw meant by that comment.

It started with my 06 Black City purchased for me by my lovely boyfriend (I knew he was a keeper back then...). I had LONG coveted the bags I'd seen so often in my magazines, but choked at spending $700 on a Coach Legacy let alone (gasp) over a thousand, for a Bbag, lol.

This past November that lovely man of mine and I made it official and became Husband and Wife. For my wedding gift, he surprised me with a diamond bracelet inside an equally beautiful Matelasse.

I've always wanted an 05 Camel City, but no such luck. It wasn't until this past year that I realized how limited the colors are. So last week driving home from Sac, I stopped into Nordstrom and there it was...the 09 Automne just calling out my name. So I explained to my very understanding new husband, that he should consider it an early V-Day gift ;) But then I didn't stop there, I found two more gorgeous bags on Real Deal Collection and scooped up an 08 Spring Magenta City and an 07 Pre-Spring Vert Gazon (Green) City.

I love them all and I promised myself I would be done for the year if I could just get my hands on a Red GSH City....and a side job to pay for my passion :girlsigh:

My husband may love his cars...I love me some bags...

:tpfrox:

Last edited:
Love your story and understand your feeling! It just can't be stopped... Just back to 2 months ago I was sighing to my DH that if only I could ever get a bbag I would be so much content for a whole year, and he fullfilled my little wish... But now I've owned 3 and am planning on my 4th, lol, my husband's gonna cry!

Last edited:
haha very cute Brandigirl. Congrats also on being a wifey.

yes it doesn't end, does it? It's like collecting all the colors of the basic rainbow like red, green, blue etc. then they release a new variation and we still have to have it!

I know the feeling.... I still have one bbag then make a list of what I want then get to see all the new swatches then am glad I didn't get it this season.

Whew!

I forgot to add that I scooped up a Black wallet and Magenta coin purse, LOL.

What's really bad though is I'm giving him grief over wantng to get Lasik at $2800 per eye...

Bad Wife, Bad Wife.

You are such a doll Donna. Thank you for the kind words. No worries, he'll go and get his Lasik (be a good wife...repeat mantra, LOL) and I'll wait until next year to get the Red City with GSH. I think I only saw this one in the Part Time though...hmmm

Thanks again!

You are such a doll Donna. Thank you for the kind words. No worries, he'll go and get his Lasik (be a good wife...repeat mantra, LOL) and I'll wait until next year to get the Red City with GSH. I think I only saw this one in the Part Time though...hmmm

Thanks again!

Trust me, BrandiGirl...There will ALWAYS be a bag that you want to buy when you're ready to buy one. Now that man...He's a once in a lifetime find! And the new and better eyes...'The better to see you with, my dear!'

WELL YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY TO A GREAT START!!! THESE BAGS ARE SO ADDICTING. YOU'VE GOT SOME WONDERFUL COLORS. :tup:
WOW, THAT IS PRETTY PRICEY FOR LASIK? MY HUBBY HAD THAT DONE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO AND HE CAN SEE BETTER THAN ME!
I GUESS CA IS A BIT MORE THAN THE REST OF THE US.
I AM WITH YOU ON THE CAR THING. ISN'T IT AMAZING HOW THEY DON'T THINK ANYTHING OF THAT PRICEY SPORTS CAR?
SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL HUBBY TOO! THEY ARE VERY HARD TO FIND!!!:yes:
CONGRATS ON THE BALS AND YOUR NEW MARRIAGE!:yahoo:

Well, I can clearly see that you fell in love with Balenciaga and your first Black city is a staple that will stay with you for a long time.
Men...yes, they have cars and other toys...but finding one who can understand how much you liked this kind of expensive toys is rare! So yes, he's another keeper!
May you marriage be full of joy!