Ideas for small black designer handbag with silver hw?

Love_N_Lune

Apr 17, 2019
Hi! I recently purchased my first LV handbags, in monogram. Although I have a Tory Burch black clutch, I would like to have a black handbag with black or silver hardware by a premier designer. I like my purses on the smaller side, and LOVE convertible purses (cross body and clutch). I was considering the Louis Vuitton Pochette Felicie in Epi Noir, which I have in monogram and love; however, a friend recommended not get 'too stuck' on a single brand.
louis-vuitton-pochette-f%C3%A9licie-epi-leather-small-leather-goods--M62648_PM2_Front%20view.jpg

I am not a fan of Hermes. Chanel is a maybe but a bit pricey. Gucci can be trendy. Prada has mixed quality issues. I have not found any threads on Christian Louboutain handbags..I keep thinking of the Felicie or maybe I have not seen the right one yet. Can you share some suggestions?

All on the pricey side sorry but this is what i was looking at earlier..........very pretty small black bags
https://www.dior.com/en_ie/products/couture-M0421SWLI_M989_TU-diorama-ultra-matte-small-bag
https://www.dior.com/en_ie/products/couture-M0505PCAL_M900_TU-mini-lady-dior-lambskin-bag

I'd prefer that LV to a Chanel WOC but i'd prefer a chanel mini to the LV ;)

I wouldnt buy the same bag you already have(listen to your friend, i think she was being very diplomatic in steering you away from same bag in diff colour/material), i'd keep saving and keep looking and get something else in 6/12 months when you find something you are excited about and it fits your requirements.

All on the pricey side sorry but this is what i was looking at earlier..........very pretty small black bags
https://www.dior.com/en_ie/products/couture-M0421SWLI_M989_TU-diorama-ultra-matte-small-bag
https://www.dior.com/en_ie/products/couture-M0505PCAL_M900_TU-mini-lady-dior-lambskin-bag

I'd prefer that LV to a Chanel WOC but i'd prefer a chanel mini to the LV ;)

I wouldnt buy the same bag you already have(listen to your friend, i think she was being very diplomatic in steering you away from same bag in diff colour/material), i'd keep saving and keep looking and get something else in 6/12 months when you find something you are excited about and it fits your requirements.

I agree with ‘if then’ with LV and Chanel. I’m not a fan of Chanel WOC but it’s mini and small are sizable.

I appreciate the options, encouragement and may postpone this purse goal.

Thank joooooo

Hi! I recently purchased my first LV handbags, in monogram. Although I have a Tory Burch black clutch, I would like to have a black handbag with black or silver hardware by a premier designer. I like my purses on the smaller side, and LOVE convertible purses (cross body and clutch). I was considering the Louis Vuitton Pochette Felicie in Epi Noir, which I have in monogram and love; however, a friend recommended not get 'too stuck' on a single brand.
louis-vuitton-pochette-f%C3%A9licie-epi-leather-small-leather-goods--M62648_PM2_Front%20view.jpg

I am not a fan of Hermes. Chanel is a maybe but a bit pricey. Gucci can be trendy. Prada has mixed quality issues. I have not found any threads on Christian Louboutain handbags..I keep thinking of the Felicie or maybe I have not seen the right one yet. Can you share some suggestions?
Balenciaga City small or mini depending on what your prefer size-wise. Bal has other small cross bodies as well, check out their site. There are other hardware choices as well.
fullsizeoutput_599.jpeg

I don’t think it’s a bad idea to stick with one brand. Although I only have one LV bag if I have to choose one brand for life that would be LV (or H if I am a billionaire :P). So if your friend just wants to talk you out of getting the same bag in different colors, here are some eye candies:
75D06204-CDFC-4458-93D4-9A31B7C26920.jpeg A04CB293-B165-4D0C-AB4A-76F796E6379C.jpeg

Dior has a woc that is very similar to Felicie. The one on website is ghw but it is worth checking out whether there is a shw version:
4EFBBDBE-199D-4971-8B1A-55E0157F31A1.jpeg 45A5F78D-41B1-49D0-99D4-2606523B8C97.jpeg

If you are fine with minimal or no hardware I also recommend new bottega pouch, or Valextra for a more structured style:
7C3F6EEF-6EF7-492A-9E5D-8EB6CC9BE40C.jpeg C86D9C8E-F534-4F21-A94E-52AC933A7B23.jpeg A7A9502E-09B5-45A0-885D-28F452E8E889.jpeg

Reactions: jbags07
Thank you for the helpful ideas.

I researched Chanel, and found several WOC options.

I like Dior but I only see the Lady Dior WOC with gold hardware. I do like the Dior Diorama but its actually too dressy IMO for day to night look.

I like the LV mylockme more than the Twist (logo hardware is too big for me). I think I need to check those out in person.

I found the Stella McCartney Farabella Convertible Shoulder in black/silver on sale at Saks.