ID This Coach item! -- Post any Coach item name questions here! --

Hi ladies some European websites are showing a smith crossbody bag very similar to crosstown bag only 1cm difference on all the dimensions is there such a bag or is it a crosstown ? Googled smile and that las a very different mans bag? Though coming from mulberry who have reused the same name for different styles many many times over the years just wonder if coach do to? Thanks

Hi ladies some European websites are showing a smith crossbody bag very similar to crosstown bag only 1cm difference on all the dimensions is there such a bag or is it a crosstown ? Googled smile and that las a very different mans bag? Though coming from mulberry who have reused the same name for different styles many many times over the years just wonder if coach do to? Thanks
Are they official sites? I'm seeing a few bags on ebay that are described as Smith, style numbers 56517 and 53277, and a men's bag 54782. I think the price tag has the abbreviation SMTH, which some sellers interpreted as Smith, but I think it really means smooth. So I suspect the bag you are seeing is a crosstown. If the listings you see have a style number, that is what you should go by.

Reactions: elvisfan4life
Does anyone know the name of the brown purse in this listing? It's like a zippered pouch with a flap
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/292072310794

Sent from my SM-G900V using PurseForum mobile app

IF it's genuine - and the seller doesn't show a creed and serial photo so it can't be authenticated - it would be a Ritchie Bag. The serial number is in the listing.

Are they official sites? I'm seeing a few bags on ebay that are described as Smith, style numbers 56517 and 53277, and a men's bag 54782. I think the price tag has the abbreviation SMTH, which some sellers interpreted as Smith, but I think it really means smooth. So I suspect the bag you are seeing is a crosstown. If the listings you see have a style number, that is what you should go by.
They have both different prices

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    156 KB · Views: 185
Hello again ladies! Although I'm almost sure I know the answer, I still would like to know your opinion.
In this picture is a hobo style 3651 from 2004, the "applique" on the front didn't come with it originally, right? I have never seen one like it before, but I am not the expert here LOL
TIAs-l1600.jpg

Hello again ladies! Although I'm almost sure I know the answer, I still would like to know your opinion.
In this picture is a hobo style 3651 from 2004, the "applique" on the front didn't come with it originally, right? I have never seen one like it before, but I am not the expert here LOL
TIAView attachment 3664091

No, it certainly DIDN'T come like that from Coach. Did the seller disclose the "upgrade" in the listing? Is there a creed and serial number photo in the listing?3651_Soho Leather Medium Hobo-d1.jpg

The two-tone MIGHT be from the factory although the only drilldown pic I have is a solid color, but that flower-thing was NOT made by Coach.

Reactions: WishingonaCoach
No, it certainly DIDN'T come like that from Coach. Did the seller disclose the "upgrade" in the listing? Is there a creed and serial number photo in the listing?View attachment 3664176

The two-tone MIGHT be from the factory although the only drilldown pic I have is a solid color, but that flower-thing was NOT made by Coach.

Thank you Hyacinth for confirming it, that "embellishment" didn't seem to have the quality of Coach craftsmanship. I do not recall a picture of the creed in the listing, it was a big lot of purses and I was intrigued by it, so I saved the picture to ask here, also no.. the seller didn't mention anything about it.

TIAView attachment 3664091

No, it certainly DIDN'T come like that from Coach. Did the seller disclose the "upgrade" in the listing? Is there a creed and serial number photo in the listing?View attachment 3664176

I don't think the two-tone came from the factory. Coach may have made some with the bottom a different color but the two-tone at the top is painted on - it isn't a separate piece of leather. That isn't something Coach would have done. I think the applique is unfortunate - it looks obscene to me!

They have both different prices
I'm not sure there is anything that is actually called Smith. I think people are misinterpreting "smth" which stands for smooth. There is a difference in price because of the type of leather. One of them might be style #53083 which is made in polished pebbled leather. Here is one with a picture of the price tag:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-AUTHENT...510518?hash=item3acbd003f6:g:xyEAAOSw2x1XLWhz
Here is the other one, #36824, with a picture of the price tag:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Cross...941612?hash=item2f009fe46c:g:aWsAAOSwawpXwHsC

Last edited:
Reactions: houseof999
I'm not sure there is anything that is actually called Smith. I think people are misinterpreting "smth" which stands for smooth. There is a difference in price because one is crossgrain leather and the other is smooth leather. The one that says "crosstown" probably has an abbreviation that means "crossgrain" not "crosstown."
Lol at the wild guess of people trying to figure out the abbreviations!

Lol at the wild guess of people trying to figure out the abbreviations!
I edited my post. Actually, it turns out there is a crosstown, but I'm pretty sure there isn't a Smith. I've never been able to figure out if Coach ever made a Hamilton, abbreviated HML. If you look on ebay, you'll see quite a few Hamiltons. http://www.ebay.com/itm/COACH-NWT-H...568219?hash=item1c816e371b:g:GoYAAOSwB-1YrhFA

They might really be Hamptons, but I can't think what the L stands for.