ID This Coach item! -- Post any Coach item name questions here! --

Hi, I purchased this at a consignment shop that was closing last week. Paid $27 (60% sale) for it. It’s a large backpack in good condition. It feels real, but I’ve never seen nickel hardware on a coach, nor a large backpack. I think a brief case is the largest coach item I’ve seen before.
When I searched the forum, I didn’t find anything like it.
No# H0S-5099
Dimensions
15” tall
16” wide
5- 1/4”wide bottom
It’s fully lined, and the back of the leather straps are lined with fabric.

Does this beast have a name ?
I Purchased with the intention of reselling it, but not if it’s counterfeit.
I’ve been able to find very little out about it. Hopefully someone has seen it before.
Thank you for looking at it, Tracy

View attachment 5696796

View attachment 5696797

View attachment 5696798

View attachment 5696799

View attachment 5696800

View attachment 5696801

View attachment 5696802

View attachment 5696803

View attachment 5696804

View attachment 5696805
It's authentic, made in 2000 but I don't know the style name. Nice find!

Hi, I purchased this at a consignment shop that was closing last week. Paid $27 (60% sale) for it. It’s a large backpack in good condition. It feels real, but I’ve never seen nickel hardware on a coach, nor a large backpack. I think a brief case is the largest coach item I’ve seen before.
When I searched the forum, I didn’t find anything like it.
No# H0S-5099
Dimensions
15” tall
16” wide
5- 1/4”wide bottom
It’s fully lined, and the back of the leather straps are lined with fabric.

Does this beast have a name ?
I Purchased with the intention of reselling it, but not if it’s counterfeit.
I’ve been able to find very little out about it. Hopefully someone has seen it before.
Thank you for looking at it, Tracy

View attachment 5696796

View attachment 5696797

View attachment 5696798

View attachment 5696799

View attachment 5696800

View attachment 5696801

View attachment 5696802

View attachment 5696803

View attachment 5696804

View attachment 5696805

Any time you're not completely sure of a Coach's authenticty, you should post in the Authenticate This Coach thread in the Coach Shopping forum first. But since you're a new member, there's no need to re-post all your photos again, just keep it in mind for next time.

It's genuine, but I don't know the exact name. It was made in 2000. Coach gradually started making nickel- or silver-color hardware available on some of their styles and colors starting in the late 1990s. Many travel and business styles made around the year 2000 were only made in small numbers since Coach was in the middle of moving production to China and the Far East.

Can someone explain the difference between #13130 Mandy 65th anniversary and #f13130, regular silk interior? Was the "F" bag a factory bag made with lesser leather? Or is the only difference the year and interior silk (striped vs regular) I see this one frequently in the two version.

Can someone explain the difference between #13130 Mandy 65th anniversary and #f13130, regular silk interior? Was the "F" bag a factory bag made with lesser leather? Or is the only difference the year and interior silk (striped vs regular) I see this one frequently in the two version.
The F indicates it was made for factory. The leather might have been different; I'm pretty sure it was.

Reactions: Jacynthe
Hi all! Help! I’m going absolutely MAD trying to find what bag this charm came from! I remember it was around the same time the Legacy Thompson collection bags came out… so, 2007/2008? I think? I can recall seeing it, but no luck finding it. It’s a personal vendetta, at this point!

TIA! (I have it on my 90s side pack, just for funsies)

CAD2D3C6-430E-4816-8448-EC29B93C00A2.jpeg

Hi all! Help! I’m going absolutely MAD trying to find what bag this charm came from! I remember it was around the same time the Legacy Thompson collection bags came out… so, 2007/2008? I think? I can recall seeing it, but no luck finding it. It’s a personal vendetta, at this point!

TIA! (I have it on my 90s side pack, just for funsies)

View attachment 5700227
I believe the charm shown in your post is fake. There were a lot of fakes of that item a number of years ago as well as fakes of the Bleecker charm below.

There was a similar charm that was part of style 92186 Bleecker charm. Although I don't have a clear closeup to compare to yours but the fakes (and yours) have a texture and coloring that the genuine versions didn't have.

92186_Bleecker Charm-d2.png

Hi all

This bag was listed on EBay as a Legacy Saddlebag. I posted it on the authenticate forum and asked if it was authentic, and if it was correctly listed as a Saddlebag.

@whateve said it looked authentic, but does not look like a Saddlebag, looks like a Pocket Bag #9855 from the early 90s. I thought the same, that’s why I asked. What do you think?

F29DD17E-E6C5-4E85-8DCE-B7628574D939.jpeg

8D3FFC10-FF19-442E-978F-294DF6F0C680.jpeg

F5721740-2C35-407D-B3B0-ED84D173EF8D.jpeg

9F8BD584-1880-44CE-B54A-258FB17F6EA8.jpeg

9FBFEBA2-F5B2-4209-ACEA-DA9F1416B4EC.jpeg

04A72EED-8D9F-4514-BCC9-7730B484D915.jpeg

09A6238D-F9F9-4FBD-B767-0C84645D1A15.jpeg

429F4CA6-7054-4A73-989D-D75348F70A46.jpeg

Hi all

This bag was listed on EBay as a Legacy Saddlebag. I posted it on the authenticate forum and asked if it was authentic, and if it was correctly listed as a Saddlebag.

@whateve said it looked authentic, but does not look like a Saddlebag, looks like a Pocket Bag #9855 from the early 90s. I thought the same, that’s why I asked. What do you think?

View attachment 5700414

View attachment 5700415

View attachment 5700416

View attachment 5700417

View attachment 5700418

View attachment 5700419

View attachment 5700420

View attachment 5700421
I have this bag; I agree, a Pocket Bag but the style # is 9875. If you do a search of that number in this forum I am sure you will see a catalog pic. There are also the vintage catalogs in the Reference Subforum. As you probably realize, Saddle Bag gets used a lot with vintage Coach listings, IMO as a general term. It was given as a specific name, late 70s, early to mid 80s, approximately, to a curved bag with an unsecured flap in large and small sizes and then later in the 90s to a curved flap bag with a kisslock, # 9988.
Edited! I happen to have all these bags!

Last edited:
I have this bag; I agree, a Pocket Bag. As you probably realize, Saddle Bag gets used a lot with vintage Coach listings, IMO as a general term. It was given as a specific name, late 70s, early to mid 80s, approximately, to a curved bag with an unsecured flap in large and small sizes and then later in the 90s to a curved flap bag with a kisslock, # 9988

Thank you! I have been hunting for a pocket bag, and suspected this was incorrectly listed. It is my first vintage coach purchase. The other pocket bags I saw were asking premium pricing... more than I was hoping to spend.

This one was closer to my comfort level for price, and I’m hoping it will rehab well. It will be my first attempt so I’m pretty nervous. But the bag itself seems to be a Great size, and that combined with the timeless classic style led me to search for it.

Do you enjoy using it? Does it hold a reasonable amount of items?

I’m very new here. If you have photos posted, please provide a link. Or if it’s within the rules and not too much trouble, please post photos

Super excited!

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Lake Effect
@MaddieSue I saw whateve gave you the correct info on AT; you can trust any authentification or style info given over on that thread by Hyacinth, whateve or been burned :yes: . If you don’t get a catalog pic from them, just search that thread for the style #!
Thanks! I totally trusted @whateve and bought the bag when she confirmed my hope. I’m sorry if I shouldn’t have posted here as well, but it’s my first vintage purchase, and I spent a lot more than I had hoped...so I’m nervous.

A catalog picture was provided for an earlier question. I apologize if I shouldn’t have posted again.

Thank you for your kind reply and generously sharing your expertise.

Thanks! I totally trusted @whateve and bought the bag when she confirmed my hope. I’m sorry if I shouldn’t have posted here as well, but it’s my first vintage purchase, and I spent a lot more than I had hoped...so I’m nervous.

A catalog picture was provided for an earlier question. I apologize if I shouldn’t have posted again.

Thank you for your kind reply and generously sharing your expertise.
All good. I geek out on vintage Coach, guilty as charged, haha. There is a Club House Subforum with Rehab and Vintage threads, come on over! Looking forward to seeing your rehab :smile:

Reactions: Jacynthe