ID This Coach item! -- Post any Coach item name questions here! --

Do you know which exact model of coach bag its a fake of? i didn't think it could be fake since the design looks unqiue

What exactly do you mean by "unique"? I always thought that it meant "one of a kind" and why would being unique indicate that it's genuine?

Some fakes are created solely out of the mind of the fakers, some are almost exact copies of genuine Coaches, and fakes are found at all points in between. It's NOT an exact copy of anything - the fake C lining combined with Cs on the outside, creed patch and stamp, outside color combination, "leather" texture that probably means it's vinyl, really BAD copy of the Coach logo on the creed, statement on the creed that it was made of "top grain suede trimmed with natural cowhide leather" although the bag is obviously fabric, and the lack of a serial number in a bag style and size that SHOULD have one - NONE of those would ever be found on or in a genuine Coach.

And why do people think that counterfeiters are incapable of copying genuine items?

If you bought that recently, you need to insist on a full refund. If you need any other Coach purchases authenticated, please post in the Authenticate This Coach thread in the Coach shopping forum. Follow the directions in the post at the top of each page in that thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacynthe
What exactly do you mean by "unique"? I always thought that it meant "one of a kind" and why would being unique indicate that it's genuine?

Some fakes are created solely out of the mind of the fakers, some are almost exact copies of genuine Coaches, and fakes are found at all points in between. It's NOT an exact copy of anything - the fake C lining combined with Cs on the outside, creed patch and stamp, outside color combination, "leather" texture that probably means it's vinyl, really BAD copy of the Coach logo on the creed, statement on the creed that it was made of "top grain suede trimmed with natural cowhide leather" although the bag is obviously fabric, and the lack of a serial number in a bag style and size that SHOULD have one - NONE of those would ever be found on or in a genuine Coach.

And why do people think that counterfeiters are incapable of copying genuine items?
hey i wasn't trying to start something, it's what i genuinely thought that it looked unique because i cant find it similar ones online and have minimal knowledge of knockoffs/genuine which is why i came here for help

hey i wasn't trying to start something, it's what i genuinely thought that it looked unique because i cant find it similar ones online and have minimal knowledge of knockoffs/genuine which is why i came here for help

"Unique" isn't necessarily a good thing. As I said before, there are plenty of "unique" fakes out there and plenty of very close fakes as well. Finding other examples of the same style doesn't mean anything either, they could be just as fake as the first one, or have small differences in details that an inexperienced buyer wouldn't notice, like in the serial number codes or fonts, or even something that most buyers don't notice like a creed stamp that says a bag is made of leather when it's actually fabric, which is a mistake many of the early counterfeiters made, especially in places where English wasn't the primary language.

With a brand as widely faked as Coach, the only safe thing is to have any potential purchases authenticated here before buying. And unless you yourself bought a Coach item directly from a Coach store, it's best to have it authenticated before asking for a style name or identification.

Last edited:
Can anyone ID this black bifold kisslock wallet?
It says "made in mexico" on the inside - not sure if that means it might not be authentic

Does anyone know if the City Bag 9790 was ever made in a camel or putty color? This bag was made in 2002 and in some lighting it looks tan but in other lights it appears to be a paler color.

I have been surprised by bags before so it may turn out to be a typical British Tan after rehabbing, but I need to repair the strap edging and I would like to know what color I should order. I've been checking the Wayback Machine around this time period but so far I haven't found any City Bags in any color, so I would appreciate your input; thanks in advance!

View attachment 5376425

View attachment 5376439

View attachment 5376440

Did Coach ever make the City Bag 9790 in saddle color with brass hardware?

I am still trying to figure out the color of this bag. I have studied the catalogs and I don't think that it is british tan, tabac, beige, putty, taupe, caramel, camel, or honey - but I am not sure.

I've also scoured the Wayback Machine and I couldn't find any City Bags (of any color) listed during 2002 or 2003 but I know that they made them because I have this one!

I've also found another example of this same color city bag from 2002 on Poshmark, see the link below: https://poshmark.com/listing/Coach-...ther-Crossbody-Purse-627e9247ac97027f297df422

I'm leaning toward saddle color but I don't know if the City Bag was ever offered in saddle? The pictures below were taken both without and with flash and I would greatly appreciate hearing the opinions of my fellow Coachies! Thanks!

IMG_3093.JPG

IMG_3096.JPG

Last edited: