IBX alone, and best place to buy?

kathyathome

Hopeless obsesser
Dec 28, 2012
From what I've seen in another thread I want to try IBX under my gel manis, not the repair. Can you just start off with ibx and skip the repair product?

Best on-line seller for folks without nail tech license?

Thanks!

From what I've seen in another thread I want to try IBX under my gel manis, not the repair. Can you just start off with ibx and skip the repair product?

Thanks!

I tried IBX Repair but didn't like it. I've been using just IBX for the past few weeks and find it leaves my nails very smooth and healthy looking. Also seems to ease removal.

Thanks!
Beauty Supply Canada dot com is where I purchased mine. Shipping was reasonable. I've only used it once and noticed it whitened my nails immediately. I'm going to be using it again this week. Wish I could tell you it's awesome stuff but I haven't been using it long enough. Good luck!

I tried IBX Repair but didn't like it. I've been using just IBX for the past few weeks and find it leaves my nails very smooth and healthy looking. Also seems to ease removal.
Thank you both, I'm going to try it. Ended up about $30 with the shipping; it if works and lets me grow my nails longer it will be worth it.

Thank you both, I'm going to try it. Ended up about $30 with the shipping; it if works and lets me grow my nails longer it will be worth it.
This is a little off topic, Kathy, but I started taking 5000mcg of biotin morning and night and noticed a BIG difference in growing out my nails. I've never been able to grow my nails until I started taking it. It took about 3 months to notice they weren't breaking at the base. Now I can't believe how strong they are. I bought the ibx tho because a couple of my nail beds lifted from sog removal almost a year ago. I stopped using sog until it grew out and now I'm going to try the ibx with the sog's again in hopes that won't happen again. Keep us posted! :smile:

This is a little off topic, Kathy, but I started taking 5000mcg of biotin morning and night and noticed a BIG difference in growing out my nails. I've never been able to grow my nails until I started taking it. It took about 3 months to notice they weren't breaking at the base. Now I can't believe how strong they are. I bought the ibx tho because a couple of my nail beds lifted from sog removal almost a year ago. I stopped using sog until it grew out and now I'm going to try the ibx with the sog's again in hopes that won't happen again. Keep us posted! :smile:
Anyone know a retail supplier other than Beauty Supply Canada? I'd happily buy from them but unfortunately they don't post overseas. I'm in Australia. Anyone know where I could buy it from? Many thanks :smile:

Why didn't you like it, Nancy? For me, I find it to be very drying and makes my removals more difficult, so I am curious what you didn't like. Yet at the same time it definitely seems to protect them and help them grow. So far I have only tried Repair+IBX since that's what they recommend - never really thought about just IBXing!

Why didn't you like it, Nancy? For me, I find it to be very drying and makes my removals more difficult, so I am curious what you didn't like. Yet at the same time it definitely seems to protect them and help them grow. So far I have only tried Repair+IBX since that's what they recommend - never really thought about just IBXing!

After three years of gel polish, my nails aren't really damaged - no delamination, pits or splits. But, of course, I want them to be better and so bought and used the whole IBX system.

I found IBX Repair to be drying as well, and my nails became brittle and broke easily, so I started using just the IBX. Actually, they really are two different products for somewhat different purposes, but the brochure and directions aren't really clear about that. The brochure says that IBX Repair cannot be used alone, that it must be used with IBX. But it doesn't say the opposite. Under the section for gel polish (http://ibxnails.com/wp-content/uploads/IBX-Under-Gel-Polish-Application.pdf), it starts with IBX Repair, but under the section for natural nails (http://ibxnails.com/wp-content/uploads/IBX-For-Natural-Nails-Application.pdf) it says "Assess the nails to see if there are any damaged areas that need IBX REPAIR. If not, proceed directly to the IBX application." It seems that IBX Repair is for preventing/healing the damage done by poor gel polish removal, but I didn't have that, so I just figured if it was okay for natural nails, it would be fine under my gel polish too. So far, that's worked for me.

How different is IBX to Gelish's Vitagel or RCM's Remedy?

Well, they say the difference is that Vitagel and Remedy sit on top of the nailplate while IBX penetrates the nail plate and fuses together the top layers of the nail, becoming a permanent part of the nail.

From my experience with Vitagel and IBX, I'd agree that IBX does seem to penetrate the nail; once you've finished applying it, your nail looks naked but healthy. Vitagel was difficult to apply thin enough not to cause problems with peeling; no such problems with IBX, in fact, it seems to enhance wear time. Both IBX and Vitagel seem to ease removal. So far, IBX seems to allow my nails to grow without breaking; I did not notice that with Vitagel. But IBX adds a significant amount of time to your manicure - application, heat, blot, cure - twice on the first application. And that's without using IBX Repair which adds another two cycles. Vitagel is like just another layer of polish - apply and cure. HTH

Last edited:
Reactions: PewPew
Well, they say the difference is that Vitagel and Remedy sit on top of the nailplate while IBX penetrates the nail plate and fuses together the top layers of the nail, becoming a permanent part of the nail.

From my experience with Vitagel and IBX, I'd agree that IBX does seem to penetrate the nail; once you've finished applying it, your nail looks naked but healthy. Vitagel was difficult to apply thin enough not to cause problems with peeling; no such problems with IBX, in fact, it seems to enhance wear time. Both IBX and Vitagel seem to ease removal. So far, IBX seems to allow my nails to grow without breaking; I did not notice that with Vitagel. But IBX adds a significant amount of time to your manicure - application, heat, blot, cure - twice on the first application. And that's without using IBX Repair which adds another two cycles. Vitagel is like just another layer of polish - apply and cure. HTH
Thank you, Nancy.

I found IBX Repair to be drying as well, and my nails became brittle and broke easily, so I started using just the IBX.

Yeah, I read all the literature. The above is what I was curious about … I have other friends that have reported the same too. It's starting to be a common thread. Thanks for the info.

For other people reading that do have issues: I do get occassional side splits, and if you peel the Repair definitely helps salvage that. When I started, I had both thumbs in a stage where I could not get them past the free edge without peeling and splitting (they didn't used to have that problem). A month later with Repair + IBX they're back to growing out normally. So I think it definitely works to that extent.

So I will try using Repair to manage those things by occasion now and see how that goes, instead of prevention.

I've been using both IBX Repair as well as IBX. I have been using it for several months now but not consistently. However, I guess because I have naturally oily nails, it hasn't dried my nails out too much. Also, I use it about every two weeks or so. When my nails got thinned from over buffing, I noticed it did make it stronger and even more that my nails are healthy. Like Kailuagal, I've been taking biotin and I think that made a huge difference in rehabbing my nails. I've had to file them down, which I've never had the pleasure before. If your nails are pretty healthy, overuse of IBX will dry them out. I also have noticed that I have much less tip wear then before.

The layers of my sidewalls peel on a few fingers. No matter how I cap with gel polish, the problem continues. Would wrapping or capping all 3 sides with IBX help in my case?

Also, I noticed that the Canadian website mentioned above that sells IBX asks for your name, address, your professional designation, company name and license number. The last two have an asterisk so you can't fudge and leave it blank. I'm afraid to input any info to then get kicked off the registration page. Then they know who I am if I were to attempt to sign up again. Any suggestions?

The layers of my sidewalls peel on a few fingers. No matter how I cap with gel polish, the problem continues. Would wrapping or capping all 3 sides with IBX help in my case?

Also, I noticed that the Canadian website mentioned above that sells IBX asks for your name, address, your professional designation, company name and license number. The last two have an asterisk so you can't fudge and leave it blank. I'm afraid to input any info to then get kicked off the registration page. Then they know who I am if I were to attempt to sign up again. Any suggestions?

Folks have reported "making up" the information requested. No one has been refused shipment of the product.