I would love to get your opinion on something damier

fashion_mom1

Apr 28, 2009
I am seriously wanting something in damier ebene. I am just now starting to contemplate my next bag and here is the problem I am having...

I want the Trevi sooo bad. I can honestly afford it, but have never spent that much on a bag before. In my opinion I could do alot of things with 2K-That is a vacation KWIM?

So my questions are....

1.Should I spend the money is it REALLY worth it?

2. If not the Trevi- What else in damier ebene? NF? Hampstead? I would love recomendations.

3. Is the trevi REALLY heavy? I do have some back problems which come into play in making these kinds of decisions.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!

I love my trevi and think it's one of the best damier bags out there. That being said, it is expensive and it is heavy. I too have back problems, and I find my neck/shoulders start to cramp up when I wear it for too long, so I keep switching up positions (hand, shoulder, arm, etc.). I also have the GM, which is heavier.

Is it worth the money? Only you can decide that - but I think it is. It's certainly one of the best made newer bags, IMO. You have a great collection already, judging by your avatar, and seem to favor shoulder bags, so this is a great and convertible option (to give you some diversity into handheld bags without actually sinking the money into one).

Good luck deciding!

I have the Trevi PM, and IMO, it is the best damier bag that is currently available. It is functional due to the versatility of wearing on the shoulder, or carrying by hand/crook of arm. It is only heavy if it is loaded w/ things, so how much you carry will determine that.

I think it is definitely worth it, as it is not as common as speedy's, NF's, etc., and is classy and elegant. Definitely a compliment getter, also. Good luck.

oooh, i'm going to be following this thread. same boat as you FM. I want something in ebene but have not really fallen for trevi.... yet. the verona should be here shortly, does that one interest you at all? i'd love a stresa or galliera in ebene but that won't happen. so i'm just going to wait until i see the perfect bag for me. if nothing ever catches my eye, then i'm getting the trevi. :biggrin:

I tried the trevi and it is too heavy for me. The PM was hard to get in and out of. I will stick to my damier neverfull until I find something I like better. It is light weight and holds a ton. I do not care that it is super common.

oooh, i'm going to be following this thread. same boat as you FM. I want something in ebene but have not really fallen for trevi.... yet. the verona should be here shortly, does that one interest you at all? i'd love a stresa or galliera in ebene but that won't happen. so i'm just going to wait until i see the perfect bag for me. if nothing ever catches my eye, then i'm getting the trevi. :biggrin:

That is funny you said the stresa I want that bag too, but I am really thinking I want ebene. Why don't they just produce it in the 3 patterns? Argh.

I tried the trevi and it is too heavy for me. The PM was hard to get in and out of. I will stick to my damier neverfull until I find something I like better. It is light weight and holds a ton. I do not care that it is super common.

You are the one that suggested the NF to me, and that is why it is in the running now. I wasn't sure if I ever wanted one before. Still not inlove with it, but warming up to the idea.

the trevi is worth every cent! I was also having such a hard time dropping close to 2 grand on one bag but to me it is really worth it and glad I went for it. I love her to pieces. It can get a little heavy but you can always switch it up (hand carried, crook of arm, shoulder.) If your heart is set on the trevi then that's the only one that will make your heart flutter.

I have the Trevi PM, and IMO, it is the best damier bag that is currently available. It is functional due to the versatility of wearing on the shoulder, or carrying by hand/crook of arm. It is only heavy if it is loaded w/ things, so how much you carry will determine that.

I think it is definitely worth it, as it is not as common as speedy's, NF's, etc., and is classy and elegant. Definitely a compliment getter, also. Good luck.

^^ ITA...I tried it yesterday at the LV boutique and was surprisingly impressed...it's definitely on my wishlist!!:graucho:

I would get the trevi or the Hampstead MM. I don't have a trevi but love my hamsptead MM and use it daily as a work bag - it's a great tote, easy to carry and holds so much.
Only you can decide if you would rather have the LV or a holiday, it's a hard decision.

I would get the trevi or the Hampstead MM. I don't have a trevi but love my hamsptead MM and use it daily as a work bag - it's a great tote, easy to carry and holds so much.
Only you can decide if you would rather have the LV or a holiday, it's a hard decision.

I will be getting a settlement check in the next couple months. I know I will have enough for both the trevi and a vacation. However I think no matter how much money I have I always feel guilty spending that much on a bag. I do love it though.