I was out and about with my H and <BLANK> happened

okiern1981

Barenia Snatcher
O.G.
Jan 20, 2014
a chance to share some of the calamities that have befallen us and our bags while out and about in the public area.
To start off: I was at dinner recently with my new B25, and the waitress somehow managed to spill hot soup all over the sides. I was livid...the poor waitress though, she was horrified. Fortunately, there was not too much in the way of damage done. What has happened to you and your bags while out in public? How did you react?

I gasssspped when I read "hot soup" - I didn't even want to read what happened next, but I'm so so so glad your bag is fine. Phew! I was in a similar situation too. Brought my 3 day old picotin out to a restaurant and the waiter tripped, spilling a full tray of oily curry dishes all over the floor. Some splattered on my pico and obviously I was in shock. Quickly dabbed my bag and fortunately no stains or damage done.

I gasssspped when I read "hot soup" - I didn't even want to read what happened next, but I'm so so so glad your bag is fine. Phew! I was in a similar situation too. Brought my 3 day old picotin out to a restaurant and the waiter tripped, spilling a full tray of oily curry dishes all over the floor. Some splattered on my pico and obviously I was in shock. Quickly dabbed my bag and fortunately no stains or damage done.

I was horrified, but I was fast with those napkins! I was a ninja of wiping the bag as fast as I could! I imagine you were ninja like as well!

Reactions: whimsic
One clasp on my Evie came undone and I ended up unknowingly dragging the bag across asphalt quite a bit before I realized what happened. The bag was unscathed. Phew!

My first B is a VN. The very first time I carried her I took her on a flight to Jacksonville for a special family gathering. I treated her so carefully placing her in a dust bag to protect her on the flight. The next morning I put on my silk dress and my beautiful B and stopped off for a coffee on the way to the luncheon. The barista handed me my cup of coffee and spilled it all over me my dress and my bag. It was hot and horrifying. I wiped my bag down as fast as I could and then myself and my dress. The bag sustained many coffee stains and although I was extremely upset about the damage to my bag I remarkably kept my cool. I haven't yet taken her to see if the spa could help but I honestly I'm not bothered by the stains any longer. It was a very quick way to break in my beautiful B. These leathers are meant to gain patina and this is the beginning of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_0285.JPG
    IMG_0285.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 1,504
My first B is a VN. The very first time I carried her I took her on a flight to Jacksonville for a special family gathering. I treated her so carefully placing her in a dust bag to protect her on the flight. The next morning I put on my silk dress and my beautiful B and stopped off for a coffee on the way to the luncheon. The barista handed me my cup of coffee and spilled it all over me my dress and my bag. It was hot and horrifying. I wiped my bag down as fast as I could and then myself and my dress. The bag sustained many coffee stains and although I was extremely upset about the damage to my bag I remarkably kept my cool. I haven't yet taken her to see if the spa could help but I honestly I'm not bothered by the stains any longer. It was a very quick way to break in my beautiful B. These leathers are meant to gain patina and this is the beginning of mine.

She’s beautiful. I have a soft spot in my wallet and heart for VN and Barenia. (Well saddle leather in general) I’ve noticed oopsies on these bags end up just adding to the unique beauty of the piece.

One clasp on my Evie came undone and I ended up unknowingly dragging the bag across asphalt quite a bit before I realized what happened. The bag was unscathed. Phew!

I had this exact same thing happen to me! It was my very first H bag (Evelyne) on her maiden voyage. She skidded across a parking lot full of dirt, sand, salt, ice and snow in the dead of winter. I was mortified. But the bag didn't show a single bit of abrasion or damage. Amazing.

I was out and about at the beach with my Clemence B and "Nature" happened.

It was Little Man's bday and he wanted to go the the beach. I was wearing the B and didn't want to 'museum' the darn thing and thought I'd sit far from the surf with the B protected on a beach towel while watching the kid. Of course, some rogue wave sees the B and decides to comes crashing down on us. Surprisingly, I remained calm. Little Man is thoroughly soaked while the B is half soaked and my pants are wet (just to clarify...from the ocean water, not from...you get it).

We quickly headed back to the hotel room where I then proceeded to freak out, mostly in my head since I didn't want Little Man to see my craziness. After tending to him (would it still be a parenting fail if I briefly considered checking on the purse before him?), I cleaned up the B. Lo and behold, it was in perfect condition. Whew! Talk about quality and craftsmanship!

B - 1, Nature - 0

I was out and about at the beach with my Clemence B and "Nature" happened.

It was Little Man's bday and he wanted to go the the beach. I was wearing the B and didn't want to 'museum' the darn thing and thought I'd sit far from the surf with the B protected on a beach towel while watching the kid. Of course, some rogue wave sees the B and decides to comes crashing down on us. Surprisingly, I remained calm. Little Man is thoroughly soaked while the B is half soaked and my pants are wet (just to clarify...from the ocean water, not from...you get it).

We quickly headed back to the hotel room where I then proceeded to freak out, mostly in my head since I didn't want Little Man to see my craziness. After tending to him (would it still be a parenting fail if I briefly considered checking on the purse before him?), I cleaned up the B. Lo and behold, it was in perfect condition. Whew! Talk about quality and craftsmanship!

B - 1, Nature - 0

Sounds wet and wild...and like a Hermes Horror movie! Must think of a nice title for this flick[emoji848]

This happened a few months ago

I was on my way to work and this gull flies past above me. I thought I saw something fall from the sky, and afraid of it being birdshit I check my clothes and on the street next to me and see nothing. Thank god, no birdshit, I think to myself. I continue to work. Work goes fine and I am about to leave. I grab for my bag and then I see it; my new Hermes bag covered in dried up birdshit. I'm horrified and go straight to the bathroom to clean it off and IT WONT COME OFF!!! I'm frantically cleaning it with paper towels and warm water but still the white stains are there. I use public transport, so I shamefully enter the subway trying to hide my ****-covered bag, hoping no one notices it. When the embarrassing ride home is over I quickly grab for a leather cleaner and most of the stains go away, and after another clean a few days later all of the stains are gone.

I only have two Hermès bags so I treasure them very much. This was my first H bag and I had only owned it for a couple of months and a bird decides to poop on it. I was so upset about it, but now I just laugh thinking of it.

Here are are two pics I took after cleaning it with water
IMG_2989.JPG

IMG_2990.JPG

This happened a few months ago

I was on my way to work and this gull flies past above me. I thought I saw something fall from the sky, and afraid of it being birdshit I check my clothes and on the street next to me and see nothing. Thank god, no birdshit, I think to myself. I continue to work. Work goes fine and I am about to leave. I grab for my bag and then I see it; my new Hermes bag covered in dried up birdshit. I'm horrified and go straight to the bathroom to clean it off and IT WONT COME OFF!!! I'm frantically cleaning it with paper towels and warm water but still the white stains are there. I use public transport, so I shamefully enter the subway trying to hide my ****-covered bag, hoping no one notices it. When the embarrassing ride home is over I quickly grab for a leather cleaner and most of the stains go away, and after another clean a few days later all of the stains are gone.

I only have two Hermès bags so I treasure them very much. This was my first H bag and I had only owned it for a couple of months and a bird decides to poop on it. I was so upset about it, but now I just laugh thinking of it.

Here are are two pics I took after cleaning it with water
View attachment 3831310

View attachment 3831311

How mortifying! Your poor bag. Stinkin' bird! :annoyed:

Reactions: LaBoheme