I want Feet - does anyone know?

Apr 25, 2007
Some time ago, I saw in one of the forums and seem to think it may have been Coach that someone had feet put on their bag quite possibly by a shoemaker?? Does anyone recall such a thing. I'm watching the Borough bags come my way with all four corners taking a beating in a short time. What was Coach thinking?? I'm determined I don't want mine to get that way so I'd like to try and install feet if possible? Does anyone recall the process and who might have done it? Very much appreciate the help.

Here's one, but the feet are already on the bag. I thought this person had the feet added because looking on the coach website it doesn't list feet in the details/description. Lol now I'm confused...

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/happy-feet-856981.html

Eta: I would love having feet on at least my glove tanned boroughs, I think my pebbled would be okay without them... If it would save the corners I might have to seriously look into adding them somehow.

Eta2: lol after more searching it looks like you have/had this boarskin borough already so you already know it has feet! Haha sorry... The only other thread I remember is someone adding a zipper to their bucket bag which probably isn't applicable here! Sorry disregard my post!

Last edited:
Here's one, but the feet are already on the bag. I thought this person had the feet added because looking on the coach website it doesn't list feet in the details/description. Lol now I'm confused...

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/happy-feet-856981.html

Eta: I would love having feet on at least my glove tanned boroughs, I think my pebbled would be okay without them... If it would save the corners I might have to seriously look into adding them somehow.

Eta2: lol after more searching it looks like you have/had this boarskin borough already so you already know it has feet! Haha sorry... The only other thread I remember is someone adding a zipper to their bucket bag which probably isn't applicable here! Sorry disregard my post!
No that's ok, yes - why they would put feet on one bag only, I'm not sure. But I do know there was post in the Coach forum some time ago that someone had them put on nicely. I'm headed to my shoemaker so I'll let you know. Heck, I might even check Home Depot LOL! Someone has to know!!

No that's ok, yes - why they would put feet on one bag only, I'm not sure. But I do know there was post in the Coach forum some time ago that someone had them put on nicely. I'm headed to my shoemaker so I'll let you know. Heck, I might even check Home Depot LOL! Someone has to know!!

I think I remember someone added feet too. Can't recall the exact circumstances.

Some time ago, I saw in one of the forums and seem to think it may have been Coach that someone had feet put on their bag quite possibly by a shoemaker?? Does anyone recall such a thing. I'm watching the Borough bags come my way with all four corners taking a beating in a short time. What was Coach thinking?? I'm determined I don't want mine to get that way so I'd like to try and install feet if possible? Does anyone recall the process and who might have done it? Very much appreciate the help.
They have some "do it yourself" purse feet on Ebay.
I just typed in PURSE FEET and it was listed under CRAFTS- arts and crafts.
I have not done this but it looks kind of easy or you could ask a cobbler/shoe repair to add them for you.

Coach will send free replacement feet - or do a repair - on bags that came with feet and have lost one or more, like the Stewardess. The problem is that the prongs that extend through the bottom of the bag are usually under the inside leather lining and/or cloth lining.

If I wanted to add feet to an expensive bag I would take it to a cobbler because he would have the tools and expertise to do a good job.

Found them at Joanne Fabrics, in different sizes and colors and there is actually a video to show you how to do to it. I'm psyched!