Tech I want a new TV but don't know where to start

Yeah, the cables are a racket. If you still have the packaging, you can order some online and then just return the BBY cables when they get here, so that there's no interruption in usage.

Well I finally got the TV. I got the LG LCD 37" 1080P on sale for $529. I'm going to get the HDMI cable tomorrow so I can hook it up to the PS3. I also need to call AT&T so I can get my Uverse to show the HD channels but I will wait until the weekend for that.

Thanks again everyone for all of the wonderful advise.

I think what Amanda is trying to say (sorry A, if I'm putting words into your mouth), is that physically, the TV is so small, that 720p and 1080p won't look any different. Sure, the PS3 might output 1080p, but you won't see any difference cause the screen is so small, the resolution can't be appreciated. Now, if you're talking about a 52" TV, that's a bit different.
Just revisiting this thread, and had to add that the boyfriend insisted on at least a 42" (upgraded to a 50" since then) so I was just commenting on my experience. 1080p or nothing for him and he's a very avid video gamer. Of course, we read reviews that encompassed all the other features but if it wasn't 1080p, it wasn't an option for us.

Congrats on your purchase OP! We just bought the boyfriend's parents a 40" HD 1080p for $500 and they can't believe how great the picture is...you'll wonder how you lived without it!

Last edited: