I think my next chanel will be a tweed, but how does it wear?

_kiki119_

Jun 14, 2020
It won’t be a while but i think my next bag will be a tweed 19 or classic. I never feels like fabric bags are worth buying until i see some chanel tweed.
But how does it wear? Does it get snag and pilly? and something u need to baby?

Reactions: fdc and Chic-Chick

aa12

O.G.
Apr 26, 2007
it depends how often you will use it. If it is going to be an everyday bag I would steer clear, but if it will be once in a while, it should be ok as long as you are careful. I personally think you have to be careful with tweed just in general.

DA Club

O.G.
Dec 20, 2008
Blissful in Cali
Following! I got the mini houndstooth tweed bag from 2020 Spring/summer and have yet to use cause I’m too scared! Would love to know the wear and tear of tweed. I also saw on one thread someone recommended to scotchguard it?

Panlove

Sep 24, 2019
I recall a TPF member posted about Chanel 19 tweed bag a few months back. I believe she mentioned she ended up returning her tweed bag because it had some fraying w/out any use. I purchased the navy tweed Chanel 19 from 20A (I think). I have not used it yet but I can see that it could catch or fray fairly easy.

Reactions: Raquel Raquel

Wondermuffin

Jan 29, 2018
Get a small tweed bag. Easier for you to baby when you are out and about using it. I would be most wary of the corners for tweed bags. I’ve done my fair share of browsing on 2nd hand tweed bags, that’s the area with the most wear.

fdc

Mar 8, 2019
I'd love to buy a tweed bag too but based on what you guys just shared here maybe I'll just get a WOC!

liv21

Oct 28, 2020
I just got a wool tweed 19 and I’m so nervous I’m in love but not sure about wear and tear and I use all my bags a lot. I got a gorgeous color that’s unique so I want to keep but if I don’t I will end up with a 19 still but in leather. Any tips on cleaning and protecting ? I saw someone post about scotch guard once and someone about baby wipes to clean