I think my next chanel will be a tweed, but how does it wear?

it depends how often you will use it. If it is going to be an everyday bag I would steer clear, but if it will be once in a while, it should be ok as long as you are careful. I personally think you have to be careful with tweed just in general.

Following! I got the mini houndstooth tweed bag from 2020 Spring/summer and have yet to use cause I’m too scared! Would love to know the wear and tear of tweed. I also saw on one thread someone recommended to scotchguard it?

Reactions: LoverField
I recall a TPF member posted about Chanel 19 tweed bag a few months back. I believe she mentioned she ended up returning her tweed bag because it had some fraying w/out any use. I purchased the navy tweed Chanel 19 from 20A (I think). I have not used it yet but I can see that it could catch or fray fairly easy.

Reactions: Raquel Raquel
I just got a wool tweed 19 and I’m so nervous I’m in love but not sure about wear and tear and I use all my bags a lot. I got a gorgeous color that’s unique so I want to keep but if I don’t I will end up with a 19 still but in leather. Any tips on cleaning and protecting ? I saw someone post about scotch guard once and someone about baby wipes to clean

I've had a Chanel tweed 19 since 2019 (I believe) and it is holding up well. It feels like a winter bag to me and though I live in a four season state, our winters don't get very cold so I don't wear it super often because in my mind it needs to be cold for tweed. I don't baby my bags by any means, but I also reserve this for occasions where I just want to be pretty not necessarily functional. If that fits how you intend to use your bag, I think you'd find it serves you well.

Bumping because I am also really interested in thr wear and tear of tweed.
I think it also depends of the quality of the tweed itself.
I have seen many tweed bags that I liked but the tweed looked so delicate that I stayed away from buying.
I purchased this seasons's tweed mini, it is tweed made by Lesage and it holds beautifully. I've worn the bag several times and noticed almost no fraying or wear and tear whatsoever.
20230609_200219.jpg
The fraying is minimal but I am also careful with what I am wearing.

Mine…, which I perhaps only use once a year. Definitely not for the faint hearted… View attachment 5853842View attachment 5853843

View attachment 5853844

View attachment 5853845

View attachment 5853846
I had to tell you that your bag is absolutely gorgeous!! :love::eek: