I Think My Kitty Ran Away.

AAA07

True Gemini
Feb 29, 2008
First, i want to say that my kitty is an indoor kitty. I would never let my kitty "wander the streets." My husband and I do allow him to go outside when we are outside. He has never made any attempts to jump the fence. The night before last my 3 year old was up all night sick. My husband and I got a combined total of 1 hour of sleep. So yesterday we of course we exhausted. We we all outside cleaning up the yard and my husband "thought" he brought both the cats in. I usually see him first thing in the morning - in the hall or downstairs. As the morning grew I got worried because I hadn't seen him. I called his name and nothing. Sometimes he does hide and doesn't respond to his name being called. It has been about 6 hours now. I should have seen him. I went outside - both front and back. I called out. Nothing. I am afraid he jumped the fence somehow. As soon as my husband gets home I am going to put up some flyers. I can't go now because I have two little ones.

Today I also found out I am pregnant. This is so bitter sweet. I am so sad right now because my Jerry is missing yet I feel like I can't break down because I am afraid of getting "too stressed"

Oh no! I hate to say congratulations, and I'm so sorry in the same sentence! Hopefully he will find his way back, they so often do.

Put up flyers with his picture, with tear-off tabs with you phone number.

Notify the local animals shelters...

Talk to the people on your block - he may be taken in by someone, or they may have sighted him.

Best wishes that Jerry comes home!

I am so sorry about your cat. I really hope he comes home on his own :sad:

I just went through this last month with my indoor Cat and I passed out fliers to every house in my neighborhood, posted fliers on every corner and used the services of www.findtoto.com That website enables you to reach 500 + houses around yours. I did the one where they call 500 houses in a 1 mile radius and this is what found my cat. I got tons of calls from people who saw him and told me that they would keep an eye out and a week later a lady had found him only 4 houses down ( she had him earlier that week too but I didn't have the calls out yet and she didn't know he was missing)

Other than that I did read that a litter box outside may attract them back... I also suggest calling the shelters.

omg, I know how you feel. I have an indoor kitty also that ran away, while I was having a baby shower ( you know people in and out the door). He's never been outside and I was devastated. Instead of enjoying my baby shower, I was out in the neighborhood calling his name but no answer, I was for sure that he got lost and wouldn't find its way home. I did leave food outside, to help him find his way home. After a day or so, he finally found his way home and jumped in our backyard meowing. I was so happy to see him. I hope your kitty find its way home too.

I hope your kitty will find home. One of my cats always gets scared outside and even he found his way home every time he did get out. Please don't give up hope and congrats on your pregnancy.

Jerry is home!!!!!!! Thank you everybody for your prayers and positive thoughts. I put flyers up right away when my husband came home. A neighbor came by and said she saw a grey kitty a few houses down. My husband went out first calling his name and shaking a bag of food. No luck. I went out about 20 minutes later with a flashlight. I called him and heard and faint yowling. I followed the yowling and found him on a dividing wall about 5 houses down. He meowed the whole way home. He was dirty and a little scratched up. Oh and VERY thirsty. I was so worried. We are in Phoenix and it is still well over a 100. His paws look a little sunburned too. He fell asleep after he gave himself a good bath. I bet he was tired!! It must be a relief to be in the comforts the air conditioned comforts of your own home. Today he has been under the bed, but I guess he has been through a lot. I am sooooo happy he is home!!! I had to put another kitty down earlier this year and the thought of losing two cats in such a short time really devastated me! Thankfully, everything will be ok. Now I just have to work on this woosy/tired feeling from the pregnancy!:P

oh my I knew you would find him. don't worry, when mine finally came home, he acted a little scared but definitely tired and hungry and slept the whole day, after that he was back to his own self.