I still feel betrayed.

diogenes

Dec 30, 2012
I have too many Coach bags from many years of collecting. I have bought most all at FP stores. Now I live where there is no Outlet or FP close. So, I am limited to online or phone order from Jax.
My DH wanted to buy me a new Coach for my birthday so I settled on the large Harper in Midnight. I have questioned on tpf about the color since I couldn't see it in person. Most said it was purple; reveals posted looked quiet purple, but the suble was okay. I don't want neon or screaming purple.
After much consideration, I ordered the Midnight. Today it came and I am so miserable that I ever saw it. I opened the box and the front panel was blue. I took it out and the side panels are purple. The top zipper in the middle is three strips of different colors from blue to purplish. The turnlock pocket panel (blue) has hardware that looks old and used. I called Jax and told them the problem plus the leather was scratched--looked used and in need of rehab even though it was over $600. and supposedly new. The CS apologized but her only other comment was that the bag is blue. When on three sides it's purple on the one I got.
I am going to have to return it to a FP store after a long drive. I'm not sure I can be civil because I am so mad. Even if I loved the design of the bag, I am so mad about the mess with the leather that I am over the Harper and Midnight--whatever color that is supposed to be. The FP store I'm going to probably won't know what to say; they are a bunch of kids who don't know anything about Coach--just know how to be snobs. I went in one other time and the prissy who tried to sell me a bag didn't even know the name of it. I told her I was buying Coach before she was born, so she shut up. I bought nothing; went to Dillards and found the Rory I was looking for back in the fall. So Buyer Beware, especially if you haven't seen and inspected what you've bought.
I have a closet full of everything from LV to DB--too many to count, so I felt bad but more mad at Coach for sending something like that out and thinking anyone wouldn't notice. No quality control; maybe they were on vacation.
diogenes :pout:

I totally understand how this would make you mad. I've ordered online and twice had things not look the way they were supposed to. I would call them back and ask for them to send you a return shipping label. You shouldn't have to use your time or gas for their mistake. The last time I had a problem, the CS rep even sent out a $25 gift card. If they can do that, I'm sure they can send you a return label. Sorry to hear of your bad experience and I hope they make your return a little easier.

I have too many Coach bags from many years of collecting. I have bought most all at FP stores. Now I live where there is no Outlet or FP close. So, I am limited to online or phone order from Jax.
My DH wanted to buy me a new Coach for my birthday so I settled on the large Harper in Midnight. I have questioned on tpf about the color since I couldn't see it in person. Most said it was purple; reveals posted looked quiet purple, but the suble was okay. I don't want neon or screaming purple.
After much consideration, I ordered the Midnight. Today it came and I am so miserable that I ever saw it. I opened the box and the front panel was blue. I took it out and the side panels are purple. The top zipper in the middle is three strips of different colors from blue to purplish. The turnlock pocket panel (blue) has hardware that looks old and used. I called Jax and told them the problem plus the leather was scratched--looked used and in need of rehab even though it was over $600. and supposedly new. The CS apologized but her only other comment was that the bag is blue. When on three sides it's purple on the one I got.
I am going to have to return it to a FP store after a long drive. I'm not sure I can be civil because I am so mad. Even if I loved the design of the bag, I am so mad about the mess with the leather that I am over the Harper and Midnight--whatever color that is supposed to be. The FP store I'm going to probably won't know what to say; they are a bunch of kids who don't know anything about Coach--just know how to be snobs. I went in one other time and the prissy who tried to sell me a bag didn't even know the name of it. I told her I was buying Coach before she was born, so she shut up. I bought nothing; went to Dillards and found the Rory I was looking for back in the fall. So Buyer Beware, especially if you haven't seen and inspected what you've bought.
I have a closet full of everything from LV to DB--too many to count, so I felt bad but more mad at Coach for sending something like that out and thinking anyone wouldn't notice. No quality control; maybe they were on vacation.
They will send you a prepaid label but if I were you, in the future find someone at a store you can trust tell em your experience and buy from them. Darlene and Jayne in Sanford FL or Cindy at Riverchase Galleria in Birmingham, Al are my can't miss two. Plus you might get some treats from them too.

Sorry this happened to you... they really need better QC at the Coach warehouse... stuff like this should never be sent out to a customer... they need to make it right for you...

Sorry to hear this :sad: It is such a risk we take ordering by phone/online and now I'm worried about the bags I have coming as exchanges- none of them were available in store. Ugh, so frustrating! I agree about requesting them to pick it up. Good luck!

A) You should request a return label. I placed an online order that was fulfilled by a store. They sent me the wrong wallet. When I called, they sent the correct one right away and a prepaid return label.

B) As far as inspecting the bag, with so much colorblock at the moment, someone could have totally thought it was colorblock.

Post a picture so we can see what you are talking about with this bag, please.

if you look at armyscfwife thread of Fresh off the FedEx truck, you will see what my complaint is and why I am returning my Harper bag tomorrow. My bag came from the Coach online site; her bag came from Macy's, so it must be a problem that exists in the different venues where Coach is sold, not just the FP Coach stores or the FP online site.
Look at the difference in the color of the long strap and the hang tag and the front panel--obviously different colors. That's the look of my bag except the sides are also like the strap--purple and the bottom is blue-purple: three colors on my bag. I can't live with that when it's supposed to be one color. If it doesn't bother anyone else, then that's terrific, but my OCD is too strong to let me keep this multi-colored bag that is not color blocked.
diogenes.