I really want this but....

MeepMeep67

Apr 21, 2016
Ok my dear LC friends.
I went to my store today and fell in love this red doctors bag & chestnut crossbody bag.

I'm still on the hunt for the perfect travel companions. As you know, I have 2 of the LC suitcases.

One trip I used my xlarge Roseau tote. But once I checked my suitcase and had to carry it in the airport it was too heavy & hurt my neck.

My last trip I used a rolling backpack, so I could roll it or wear it after I checked my suitcase.

I was thinking use the rolling backpack and get the red doctors bag for my personal item. I just don't know.
I think I would use it for car trips too. It's so luscious and beautiful!! So is the Chestnut cross body, but my last trip I used the Le Pilage backpack and was very happy with it

20220902_133355.jpg20220902_125953.jpg20220902_133032.jpg20220902_123246.jpg20220902_122810.jpg20220902_133402.jpg20220902_122820.jpg20220902_123130.jpg

Last edited:
They are two beautiful bags -- love that Foulonne (?) leather! They both look like great pieces. Is the red doctor bag heavy to carry by hand? The crossbody seems like a good daily bag, not just for travel. Thanks for all the eye candy — I see a lot of pretty pink leather and some purple croc. Good luck deciding :smile:.

Thanks for the pics. Which Longchamp outlet is this? Would be good to mention, in case anybody wants to visit or call to do a phone order. :yes: So many Amazones and other discontinued bags!

I own this Le Foulonne Travel Bag in the Large size, and honestly it would be difficult for me to talk you out of it, lol. It's just a gorgeous hunk of Foulonne leather, which as we always say around here, wears like iron. Mine measures 18.9" x 11" x 10.6" and can be found on Longchamp.com here. It's a beautifully made and thoughtfully organized travel bag. I am guessing based on your pics that the one you are considering is the Medium size, which apparently was discontinued because I can't find it on the website, but I think it measured around 15" wide??? As you said the bag could get heavy if really loaded up and carried around an airport for a while, as with most non-wheeled travel bags. But I still think it could be useful as a weekender bag for car trips or trains trips, for instance. Especially if the outlet is having an extra % off for the Labor Day holiday weekend! Good luck deciding. :graucho:

Le Foulonné Travel Bag.jpg

They are two beautiful bags -- love that Foulonne (?) leather! They both look like great pieces. Is the red doctor bag heavy to carry by hand? The crossbody seems like a good daily bag, not just for travel. Thanks for all the eye candy — I see a lot of pretty pink leather and some purple croc. Good luck deciding :smile:.
Thank you M. I love the foulonne leather too, and dont have much so Im hoping to expand my collection. :angel: The red bag empty is not too bad ( I should weigh it!). Maybe same weight as my canvas Roseau.

Thanks for the pics. Which Longchamp outlet is this? Would be good to mention, in case anybody wants to visit or call to do a phone order. :yes: So many Amazones and other discontinued bags!

I own this Le Foulonne Travel Bag in the Large size, and honestly it would be difficult for me to talk you out of it, lol. It's just a gorgeous hunk of Foulonne leather, which as we always say around here, wears like iron. Mine measures 18.9" x 11" x 10.6" and can be found on Longchamp.com here. It's a beautifully made and thoughtfully organized travel bag. I am guessing based on your pics that the one you are considering is the Medium size, which apparently was discontinued because I can't find it on the website, but I think it measured around 15" wide??? As you said the bag could get heavy if really loaded up and carried around an airport for a while, as with most non-wheeled travel bags. But I still think it could be useful as a weekender bag for car trips or trains trips, for instance. Especially if the outlet is having an extra % off for the Labor Day holiday weekend! Good luck deciding. :graucho:

View attachment 5603280
Thank you C!!! :flowers: You are right! I should have mentioned its the Longchamp Outlet at the SF outlets in Livermore, Ca.
PM me for my CA cell #. They will do phone orders and ship.

At the outlet most items are 30% off retail and for Labor Day they are additional 20% (I should have posted this in the sale thread!!)
The Amazones & Le Pliage are not additional 20%. The Amazones are so beautiful and soft, I had never held one or tired one on, they are so luxurious!

The store was well stocked. They had just gotten a shipment from France because the stateside warehouses are empty!

Well, I think you have talked me into to the beautiful Red Le Foulonne.(especially at 50% off right?) (and its MIF) (They have a Navy one and a tan one; MIC) I do not know the size of these! I will find out. Do you fly with yours? The black is stunning.:heart: The red will probably clash with my blue suitcase, but oh well. I love the Red (would have loved it in orange too)

Last edited:
Thank you M. I love the foulonne leather too, and dont have much so Im hoping to expand my collection. :angel: The red bag empty is not too bad ( I should weigh it!). Maybe same weight as my canvas Roseau.
MM, you know how much I love my Foulonne. Buy what you love and will use. Vermillion is gorgeous and just makes one so happy just looking at it. I like that it can be secured on the top of the rolling luggage which helps take away the weight of carrying it by hand. Have fun deciding!

• Love
Reactions: MeepMeep67
MM, you know how much I love my Foulonne. Buy what you love and will use. Vermillion is gorgeous and just makes one so happy just looking at it. I like that it can be secured on the top of the rolling luggage which helps take away the weight of carrying it by hand. Have fun deciding!
Yes!! That's what was sucking me in; the band to secure it on top of the rolling bag and the leather is so amazing. And all the inner & outer pockets.

• Love
Reactions: frenziedhandbag
Cosmopolitan was right this is a medium size 15.5"x10"x8" weights just under 3 lbs with the strap. It's so beautiful. The quality is fabulous. (A little rant: I've purchased a lot of Louis Vuitton, but have been turned off lately because of all the price increases and they charge the US and Canada so much more, their quality is hit & miss. In addition, carrying one can make you a target since violent crime against persons are off the hook right now) I'm really loving Longchamp even more!

I enjoy traveling with Longchamp, it has an understated elegance.

More pictures from the SF outlet store. And I had to take a picture of the largest shopping bag I've ever seen!! Someone bought a suitcase and we were all talking about the shopping bag!
20220905_150401.jpg20220905_143126.jpg20220905_143144.jpg20220905_152151.jpg20220905_152134.jpg20220905_184027.jpg20220905_184810.jpg20220905_184906.jpg

Last edited:
Yes!! That's what was sucking me in; the band to secure it on top of the rolling bag and the leather is so amazing. And all the inner & outer pockets.
I actually bought the LP travel bag (without the strap) and had to rehome it brand new. I know I will not be able to carry it full with just the short handles and considering the size will drop off my rolling luggage made me realise it is not ideal for travel that requires me to be on the go with it. It is definitely ideal for road trips which we do but not often. I'm very much happier with my expandable LP. The thick straps made it far easier to lug around, even when on the go whilst travelling.

• Love
Gorgeous haul MM — love all the pieces ). That red (or dark pink?) is especially gorgeous! I love Foulonne leather and only have 1 bag so far. Congrats and enjoy :smile:.

btw, I hear you on not wanting to carry monogram bags these days (when I do on an those rare occasions, I try to semi cover it with a reusable shopping bag in front :lol: or a denim shirt over it).

• Haha
I actually bought the LP travel bag (without the strap) and had to rehome it brand new. I know I will not be able to carry it full with just the short handles and considering the size will drop off my rolling luggage made me realise it is not ideal for travel that requires me to be on the go with it. It is definitely ideal for road trips which we do but not often. I'm very much happier with my expandable LP. The thick straps made it far easier to lug around, even when on the go whilst travelling.
Its hard to know what is going to work, and the hunt is half the fun. I have been using my expandable as well.
I am with you. I enjoy travelling with LC. I love that it is understated and yet one looks put together with it. When travelling, I too, prefer to be under radar and thus avoid anything with recognisable logos. These pics are awesome. Thank you for sharing them with us!
Its so fun going to the store, I just had to share!:hugs:

• Love
Reactions: frenziedhandbag
Gorgeous haul MM — love all the pieces ). That red (or dark pink?) is especially gorgeous! I love Foulonne leather and only have 1 bag so far. Congrats and enjoy :smile:.

btw, I hear you on not wanting to carry monogram bags these days (when I do on an those rare occasions, I try to semi cover it with a reusable shopping bag in front :lol: or a denim shirt over it).
Thank you M!! It is Red, I need to take another picture in proper light. Im loving the Le Foulonne too! My new obsession!

you are so funny! good ideas!