Arts & Crafts I painted on my purse!

Dior Purse Make-over

I purchased an old deteriorating Dior Montaigne Chris 1947 bag and decided to clean, changed the straps (from a shoulder bag to Crossbody), and painted the bag.

Pictures of front and back changes:

IMG_20200807_000909.jpg

IMG_20200807_000622.jpg

IMG-83610028737b385e2be0ca9a39074c6a-V.jpg

IMG_20200724_122603.jpg

Reactions: shaezie
Dior Purse Make-over

I purchased an old deteriorating Dior Montaigne Chris 1947 bag and decided to clean, changed the straps (from a shoulder bag to Crossbody), and painted the bag.

Pictures of front and back changes:

View attachment 4812089

View attachment 4812090

View attachment 4812101

View attachment 4812102

Very nice. You've done a really good job on the bag. I love it. It can be really hard transforming an old piece to make it look new or in top condition. ^-^

Reactions: Lct08
Thank you Shaezie!

This project keeps me busy during this pandemic.

Also I'm glad there's a forum for DIYs ans painting on bags here in Purseforum.

You're welcome darling. :blush: I've done some paintings recently but on a canvas paper. I mostly paint on bags and other accessories. ^-^

Hi everyone! I'm new to TPF (this is my 3rd post I believe) and I hope I'm posting in the right spot (I didn't paint my bag but I did DIY refurbish it). Back in 2016 I purchased this vintage Coach bag with plans to refurbish it in some capacity, though I didn't have a clear direction at the time. Then life got busy and the project fell by the wayside. Fast forward to 2020, I left my corporate job to pursue a more creative career, the pandemic hit, I had loads of time on my hands, and I found the bag hanging out in storage waiting to be dolled up and loved again. I first tried puncture studding the bag but the leather was wayyyyy too thick to get the studs through so I opted to spike the bag using E6000 adhesive. I'm really happy with how it turned out and I can't wait to have somewhere to wear it too (hopefully) this fall. :smile:

Before (w/the puncture studs I was able to get through the leather):IMG_1949.jpg

After:
IMG_1987.jpgIMG_1986.jpg

Reactions: dcooney4 and Lct08