I never thought I would love this bag SO much... (the Maple)

SiriS

Apr 24, 2016
... as I have been more than a little hesitant and somewhat confused about the new creative direction of Mulberry. Especially with the new Bayswater, and all the round metal decor on too much of the new stuff.

The Maple didn´t really register either, until I started researching a little more into it. I have needed a new work bag for ages, and gone in circles with YSL, Givenchy, Bayswater.. Loving Hermès, Chloé and Céline.. And then, looking at Mulberry once again, I started to feel something tingling inside for the new Maple bags. The boxy, big, versatile thing, with the exact colour I have been wanting (oxblood/burgundy) and even a quirky little twist to it with the indigo purple side pocket. All my other bags are black, chocolate, oak and beige - so I really needed this. Also I think the price is really good for the design, the size and the use I get of his bag.

I fell for the bag right away trying it. I absolutely love the other colours as well, especially the black with the grass green detail (the sales assistant told me that this new bright green colour will be followed with green accessories for SS17.)

I had to get the burgundy Maple, with some matching season colour accessories. A key pouch and a small purse to go with the smaller bags I have as well. I now love this little collection so much, it feels so good seeing these (for me) bright colours. The bag feels modern, it´s very comfortable on the shoulder and in the hand. I love how you can mix the handles and take them off and on as needed, and also the pocket can be used on the inside for a sleek and classic look. Love love love! It fits everything I need, a laptop, documents and everything else.

Here it is: FullSizeRender.jpg

... as I have been more than a little hesitant and somewhat confused about the new creative direction of Mulberry. Especially with the new Bayswater, and all the round metal decor on too much of the new stuff.

The Maple didn´t really register either, until I started researching a little more into it. I have needed a new work bag for ages, and gone in circles with YSL, Givenchy, Bayswater.. Loving Hermès, Chloé and Céline.. And then, looking at Mulberry once again, I started to feel something tingling inside for the new Maple bags. The boxy, big, versatile thing, with the exact colour I have been wanting (oxblood/burgundy) and even a quirky little twist to it with the indigo purple side pocket. All my other bags are black, chocolate, oak and beige - so I really needed this. Also I think the price is really good for the design, the size and the use I get of his bag.

I fell for the bag right away trying it. I absolutely love the other colours as well, especially the black with the grass green detail (the sales assistant told me that this new bright green colour will be followed with green accessories for SS17.)

I had to get the burgundy Maple, with some matching season colour accessories. A key pouch and a small purse to go with the smaller bags I have as well. I now love this little collection so much, it feels so good seeing these (for me) bright colours. The bag feels modern, it´s very comfortable on the shoulder and in the hand. I love how you can mix the handles and take them off and on as needed, and also the pocket can be used on the inside for a sleek and classic look. Love love love! It fits everything I need, a laptop, documents and everything else.

Here it is: View attachment 3451618

When I first saw this bag I thought it was so unusual and something I would never like. However, like you, when I saw it close up and personal I loved it. It is easy to carry, not terribly heavy and the colors are vibrant plus the bags I saw were well made with good leather. I didn't see the one you chose but I must say it is fabulous. I truly adore the plaid version. I have the same two accessories in the same color and love them. Congratulation on a beautiful selection. Enjoy!