I need some help choosing my first Chanel... :S

Feb 25, 2007
Hello ladies! This is my first post, so I'm excited :P.

I've finally allowed myself to purchase my first Chanel, the 2.55 Classic Flap instead of the Reissue. And while I have the material, color, and hardware picked out (black caviar with silver hardware), I'm having a LOT of trouble choosing the size--between either the medium or the jumbo.

I'm around 5'5", and 22 if this makes any difference. That said, even though I'm only 22 I plan on using this bag for a long time so I need a size which can transition with me throughout my schooling/career.

Thanks so much in advance for any advice you all may have!! :heart:

Hello ladies! This is my first post, so I'm excited :P.

I've finally allowed myself to purchase my first Chanel, the 2.55 Classic Flap instead of the Reissue. And while I have the material, color, and hardware picked out (black caviar with silver hardware), I'm having a LOT of trouble choosing the size--between either the medium or the jumbo.

I'm around 5'5", and 22 if this makes any difference. That said, even though I'm only 22 I plan on using this bag for a long time so I need a size which can transition with me throughout my schooling/career.

Thanks so much in advance for any advice you all may have!! :heart:
I personally prefer the jumbo size, and I'm only 5'2". I tend to gravitate towards bigger bags. The med/lrg flap doesn't fit nearly as much as the jumbo can because of that inner (double) flap. If you're not the type of person that needs to pack a ton of stuff with them, THEN I would suggest the med/lrg, as it's easier to wear that size in both day and for formal evening events. I wouldn't wear the jumbo flap to a formal evening event.

PS: There is no such thing as the 2.55 Classic flap. The "classic flap" that we know of now is the one with the CC closure. The 2.55 reissue flap is the one with the rectangular closure, this was actually the original design made by Chanel herself. :yes:

Hello again, ladies! I already posted this in the "Please Authenticate" thread, but thought I would post it again here to get more advice!

Does this Chanel look authentic?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120295784211

Please tell me what you think! Also, is it fishy that the authenticity card is not included? (seller claims it got lost during her moving).

Thanks again in advance
heart.gif
:smile:

Oh, and thanks koala09 and missisa07 for your replies!! At the moment, I'm leaning towards the medium now...especially after missisa07 you said you wouldn't wear the jumbo to a formal event! I never thought of that before :smile:

It depends how you intend to use your bag, if you want to bring it to school, it could probably fit your keys, short wallet, thin cell phone, lip gloss. and you will need to bring an extra bag for your other staff... yes the medlarge can only hold that much.
I think it looks classy and elegant which is good for dates and night out, and if you are someone who carrys very little when you go out, you probably can use it in the day too.

jumbo for me! im 5'1" but i always have alot of stuff to keep in my bag!
and it still looks fine one me!
i'll probably get the med/large as a second bag though! still thinking about that, if not i would get the gst or the medallion!!! but my first bag would definitely be the jumbo!

I would say for a flap Medium would be my choice, because i wouldnt put my school stuff in a jumbo anyways. Both sizes are great, i just think the Medium is a tad more practical for all day wear if you dont carry much.

I would go with the jumbo, it fits more and is more of a day bag. The medium would be way too small for me for everyday use.

I am 5'4 and I think it looks good on me

i vote jumbo as well....in terms of bags, my chanel is the smallest by far, and i have a 227 - i can't imagine carrying a smaller bag! since this is a piece u plan on carrying for years, u never know how much u might want to carry around in the future... a medium is great if u really don't carry a lot or u want it as a going out bag - good luck!