i need some gold color Chanel-2.55 tote or flap?

Oct 13, 2006
I was able to find new mom for some pieces of my collection, so now it's time to reinvest in Chanel again :biggrin: the closest thing I have in gold is a caviar beige jumbo xl, and now i can't decide to get the 2.55 tote or reissue flap in gold:thinking:
I have aprox 12 flaps ranging from vachetta, metallic, caviar, lamb in reissue and classic style, sizes varies from e/w to jumbo xl. Also 6 totes in caviar & lambskin. While I'm not short in flaps or totes, I do like the gold color, and need your help decide to add 2.55 reissue tote or reissue flap in 226/227? I'm in San Antonio, TX, not a fashion conscious city IMO, and i live in jeans and Ts. Flaps is wonderful b/c I can wear it casual or formal, yet I love the 2.55 tote's light weight, stream line cut, and room it offers :P Please help a Gemini out!!

Last edited:
I am also planning to get te gold reissue tote.
I think you still can ROCK the gold reissue flap even though you have the beige caviar,
I believe they are different besides it's a classic flap for keeps, too!

I love the gold reissue tote! That and the navy are my favorite colors in the reissue leather for Pre-Fall! The tote looks especially gorgeous in this shade.

I bought the gold 2.55 227 flap and returned it because the color was so bright I could not use it at work.

I get to see my Gold 2.55 tote tomorrow. I love that gold color and hope that the tote is casual enough such that I can carry off the eye-popping color...another reason why I would get the tote over the flap is the tote is $700 less...easier to justify for a color that I won't use everyday.

I was faced with the same dilema and went for a black tote and the bronze flap 227 - best of both worlds me thinks. The tote is cheaper and good value for money but I prefer the bronze in flap. Good luck