I need help? Regarding MJ bag

kylieReese

Feb 2, 2006
San Francisco
thanks for everyones input, and size comparisons and thank you angstofgumby for the link. I really like the elise on lindsay. I'm going to neiman marcus today to check them out. maybe it is the color that is throwing me off. I feel like I can't dress casual with this bag in chalk.. and i know it's like near impossible to find a midnight so maybe i'll just get black. :wondering

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
New York City
www.purseblog.com
kylieReese said:
thanks for everyones input, and size comparisons and thank you angstofgumby for the link. I really like the elise on lindsay. I'm going to neiman marcus today to check them out. maybe it is the color that is throwing me off. I feel like I can't dress casual with this bag in chalk.. and i know it's like near impossible to find a midnight so maybe i'll just get black. :wondering
let us know how it goes! i'm getting dangerously close to buying one myself...

addicted

O.G.
Jan 17, 2006
I have the midnight elise. I would suggest taking the stuffing out and putting your stuff in it. It's smaller than I thought - though I do love the bag - I just have to travel "lighter"! I don't know why - but I didn't do this at the store. I don't know if it would have changed my mind though - because I loved the style and color!

valerieb

I want them all!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
I would go with the Elise or the quilted blake. I'm 5'4" and I've always felt the Venetia was too big for me. I also thought it might be a little awkward to carry because it's so thick. I have the chalk Elise and I know what you mean about it seeming a bit more formal, but it seems to work with most everything. Good luck!

jbelle

O.G.
Feb 27, 2006
I say get both and compare them side by side. I'm a huge Venetia fan, and I'm 5'1. I have 3!!!!!!! For me, it's more of an everyday purse - the Elise's are dressier, more for going out.

meemos

Feb 16, 2006
I am also 5'3 and I prefer the Elise. I suggest taking your Venetia back to the store and compare it with the Elise. Once you've done that, you'll know whether or not to exchange or keep.

kylieReese

Feb 2, 2006
San Francisco
Okay everyone, I went to neimanmarcus, saw the elise, they only had it in the blush. I didn't like the color and the way it looked on me. So I saw a balenciaga city bag in origan close by and I bought that instead. thanks for all of your help with the MJ bag. check my thread in the bbag forum for pics.. ;)

Feb 11, 2006
San Francisco
I'm 5'1" and the Elise looks better on me. The structure of the bag is more proportionate to my size. Then again, I also like the design more. If the Venetia bag fits your lfiestyle more, keep it. The Elise doesn't hold much but it's extremely cute.