I need help? Regarding MJ bag

thanks for everyones input, and size comparisons and thank you angstofgumby for the link. I really like the elise on lindsay. I'm going to neiman marcus today to check them out. maybe it is the color that is throwing me off. I feel like I can't dress casual with this bag in chalk.. and i know it's like near impossible to find a midnight so maybe i'll just get black. :wondering

kylieReese said:
thanks for everyones input, and size comparisons and thank you angstofgumby for the link. I really like the elise on lindsay. I'm going to neiman marcus today to check them out. maybe it is the color that is throwing me off. I feel like I can't dress casual with this bag in chalk.. and i know it's like near impossible to find a midnight so maybe i'll just get black. :wondering

let us know how it goes! i'm getting dangerously close to buying one myself...

I have the midnight elise. I would suggest taking the stuffing out and putting your stuff in it. It's smaller than I thought - though I do love the bag - I just have to travel "lighter"! I don't know why - but I didn't do this at the store. I don't know if it would have changed my mind though - because I loved the style and color!

I would go with the Elise or the quilted blake. I'm 5'4" and I've always felt the Venetia was too big for me. I also thought it might be a little awkward to carry because it's so thick. I have the chalk Elise and I know what you mean about it seeming a bit more formal, but it seems to work with most everything. Good luck!

I say get both and compare them side by side. I'm a huge Venetia fan, and I'm 5'1. I have 3!!!!!!! For me, it's more of an everyday purse - the Elise's are dressier, more for going out.

I am also 5'3 and I prefer the Elise. I suggest taking your Venetia back to the store and compare it with the Elise. Once you've done that, you'll know whether or not to exchange or keep.

Okay everyone, I went to neimanmarcus, saw the elise, they only had it in the blush. I didn't like the color and the way it looked on me. So I saw a balenciaga city bag in origan close by and I bought that instead. thanks for all of your help with the MJ bag. check my thread in the bbag forum for pics.. ;)

I'm 5'1" and the Elise looks better on me. The structure of the bag is more proportionate to my size. Then again, I also like the design more. If the Venetia bag fits your lfiestyle more, keep it. The Elise doesn't hold much but it's extremely cute.