I need advice from the ladies with Oak

LornaLou

Addicted to denim!
O.G.
Aug 7, 2009
Hey everyone! I've been lusting after the Oak Lily for a really long time now, I finally managed to get one over the weekend and it seems a lot darker than I expected. I've seen a a lot of Oak bags out and about, in the Bayswater or the Alexa etc and the Oak on those seems to be a bit lighter than it is on the Lily? Has anyone else noticed that? I was hoping for the lighter colour. Is the leather or colour supposed to be different on the Lily? Hopefully you know what I am talking about! Also I heard that Oak is supposed to get darker with age, I know most leather ages, but how much darker will the Oak get as it's already really dark? Thanks in advance! :smile::smile:

Is your Lily NVT leather, the same as regular oak Bays? If it is then yes it will get darker eventually with regular wear.
How dark, i think, it depends on how much sun exposure it gets etc.
My best friend has oak Bays and after 1 year, the leather has turned into rich orangey brown colour. I personally love it though. I think it's the beauty of oak. The colour can differ depends on how you use it.

Hi Lorna. I too have the Oak Lily and has darkened since I first bought her. I'm pretty sure its just due to the natural leather with use and I spray mine a lot with Collonil.

Hey, thanks for the replies, mine is the natural one yeah, it says natural Oak on the tag so I can expect it to get much darker than it already is then. I also noticed, mine is made in Turkey (I know lots of Mulberry's are now) but other Lily's in Oak are made in England, do you think the older versions, as it's a classic, were made in England and the newer ones in Turkey? I wondered if maybe the English ones are lighter than the Turkey made ones.

Hey everyone! I've been lusting after the Oak Lily for a really long time now, I finally managed to get one over the weekend and it seems a lot darker than I expected. I've seen a a lot of Oak bags out and about, in the Bayswater or the Alexa etc and the Oak on those seems to be a bit lighter than it is on the Lily? Has anyone else noticed that? I was hoping for the lighter colour. Is the leather or colour supposed to be different on the Lily? Hopefully you know what I am talking about! Also I heard that Oak is supposed to get darker with age, I know most leather ages, but how much darker will the Oak get as it's already really dark? Thanks in advance! :smile::smile:

I noticed the same when I purchased my oak bays, they had just got 2 in & they phoned to say my order had come in so when I went in I compared both & one was a lot darker so I chose the lighter colour, maybe you could return it & have a ring round to try & find another one. HTH

I noticed the same when I purchased my oak bays, they had just got 2 in & they phoned to say my order had come in so when I went in I compared both & one was a lot darker so I chose the lighter colour, maybe you could return it & have a ring round to try & find another one. HTH

Oh that's really interesting to know that there are two different shades, I thought it might have been my imagination actually as it wasn't mentioned by anyone. I definitely do prefer the lighter colour but then I do wonder if maybe the darker one is better for me and not having any colour transfer issues. I had that so much with my Alexa clutch in beige, I was worried the lighter oak might do the same thing?