I messed it up :( - now what should i do- opinions please!

amstevens714

Livingthecasuallife
O.G.
Oct 4, 2009
Hi everyone!!

So I purchased a pre-loved TB Amanda slouchy satchel, but it was in the color bleach. I only own one other white bag because I'm not very good about keeping things clean, but it was a good deal and I liked the bag.

Soooo - it arrived and was pretty dirty. I tried to clean with all sorts of different stuff and I ended up making it worse. I did a test spot in the back without any issues but of course when I did the front where is mattered, it made a mess!

So, I kept scrubbing and kept making it worse lol. Thank gosh I didn't pay a ton for this. I came up with a way to cover it up, but really the whole bag was pretty messy to begin with.

Here are the pics:

The progression : before I started - as I was working - the sad state when I didn't stop trying - when I covered it up

So what do you think? Just leave it? Wear it with the scarf? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you so much!!

Attachments

• image-2068690973.jpg
    image-2068690973.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 30
  • image-1234888156.jpg
    image-1234888156.jpg
    541.3 KB · Views: 19
  • image-1170671501.jpg
    image-1170671501.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 33
  • image-45164761.jpg
    image-45164761.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 31
  • image-3368313435.jpg
    image-3368313435.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 19
Elliespurse said:
Hi, in my experience most bags has been finished with a matching color polish when new. It could be you removed some of it, and you could try to reapply the polish.

I think you would need a lighter and a darker shade and mix (before applying) till you get it to match.

Here are some polish: http://www.shoetreemarketplace.com/Meltonian_Shoe_Cream_Polish_44_colors_available_p/1002.htm

Hey there! Thanks for the reply. I do think I rubbed some of it off also, however, it did try some meltonian cream and doesn't seem to stay on this bag :sad:

Thank you so much for the suggestion!

See if you can find some TRG Shoe Cream in white. They were originally the Tarrago brand. I ordered a jar of TRG platinum cream from Amazon and it worked fine on my metallic bag (my bag could actually use re-painting in areas). Super creamy but easy to rub in.

Is it me or does anyone find Meltonian cream really hard to handle? Mine dries up to a hard wax within seconds and I need elbow grease to polish the wax to a shine...

rainrowan said:
See if you can find some TRG Shoe Cream in white. They were originally the Tarrago brand. I ordered a jar of TRG platinum cream from Amazon and it worked fine on my metallic bag (my bag could actually use re-painting in areas). Super creamy but easy to rub in.

Is it me or does anyone find Meltonian cream really hard to handle? Mine dries up to a hard wax within seconds and I need elbow grease to polish the wax to a shine...

Thanks! I will definitely look into that. I'm just concerned the color is going to be impossible to match :sad: the white was way too light, so I think I have to watch it up with something else..

Thank you so much for the suggestion!!

I'm no expert but I think it could just be a matter of starting off with the lightest application, let it dry, polish and keep building it to the hue you want. Good luck!

Thanks so much ! I actually just found a "neutral" that I might try.

Here's hoping!

Yes I'm reviving an old thread but I'm in a similar position - I acquired a dirty bag and made it worse by trying to clean it. I think what happened is my rubbing revealed the "tiger stripes" (as docride calls it on Hermes) in the leather. Not dirt, but it sure does look like it. I'm thinking of using some TRG cream on it.

amstevens714, how did your Tory end up? Did you get good results with the neutral TRG cream? Any follow-ups you can share?