i love music but...(little rant)

devoted7

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
not when people blast it sooo loud in their car to the point where you start hearing the plastic shake off of their car. i mean is it really necessary for people to do that? i go to same place everyday, knowing that i would run into that certain car. i just want to go up to them and tell them what’s up, well not like that but just ask them if it’s necessary for them to blast their music where their plastic is literally about to fall off. it doesn’t sound, make you look "cool" or anything, it sounds ughhh, annoying!!! i don’t want to sound like a hypocrite or anything, but i do blast my music whenever i’m on the highway and such, but when i approach the bank, grocery store, or any public places that constantly involved people being outside, i polity turn my tunes down.

on top of all of this, it scares people too. i felt sorry for the old man who was walking to his car.

PS: i do blast my music while using my ipod, is that the same or is it different? i mean of course, i would turn it extrememly loud if someone is sitting right next to me.

do you blast your music like crazy? i wonder if people do this on purpose or they just do it without realizing anything.

LOL. yeah i totally understand the whole club, party, concert, and so forth scene. but goshness, can you imagine how many people have tinnitus without knowing it?

i can't stand loud music in a car because it seems to make my ears ring and the whole car shakes. the annoying thing is when the newspaper delivery guy drives around our neighborhood at 4 am to throw the papers and HIS music is insanely loud. it makes me wonder if he has any manners at all. another pet peeve is when people rev their engines at red lights and try to zoom off like they're hott sh*t. oddly enough, i only see this happen with people in really old junky cars, not even nice fast ones!

Like the OP, I too enjoy blaring my music when alone in the car on the highway. But around town, no thanks.

There's a guy who lives down the street from me, as part of his home-based business he makes a very frequent number of short trips to destinations near our neighborhood. He's hard to miss already, because he drives a large bright yellow truck with black stripes - kinda like a roided up version of Bumblebee from Transformers, if it were a truck. Anyways, he's always going to meet people at these nearby locations, and as he leaves and comes back he blasts his music very, very loudly. So loud, in fact, that I once thought during the holidays that the neighborhood carolers had certainly taken their musical accompaniment to the next level. Our neighborhood is inhabited primarily by the elderly, and boring people such as myself. Obviously, his behavior doesn't blend in.

Thanks to his loud, blaring, annoying music that I can clearly hear from inside my house with the windows and doors shut, I now know that if I were to ever be running a home based business similar to his, it takes roughly 10 minutes to meet someone at WalMart or Quiktrip, and 5 minutes at the park. Seriously, the guy doesn't need GPS, he's got sonar.

We live on a street that didn't used to be so busy but it's close to a high school so we get the earth-shaking tunes too. Even if I liked their choice of music I wouldn't appreciate having my windows rattle and the floors vibrate.

I do have tinnitus, not from loud music, but it's not fun.

I agree when you can hear it a block away it is WAY TOO LOUD!!!! I should not have to hear anyone else's music. If it is so loud it can be heard outside of the car then it is too loud.

And I love listening to music..... I am seeing Springsteen tonight and tomorrow night :yahoo:

I don't get it when people insist on turning up their music really loud even when there are other people in the car. It makes no sense to be sitting next to each other, but having to scream at the other person because the music is on too loud. I have some friends who do this and it drives me crazy!

i can't stand loud music in a car because it seems to make my ears ring and the whole car shakes. the annoying thing is when the newspaper delivery guy drives around our neighborhood at 4 am to throw the papers and HIS music is insanely loud. it makes me wonder if he has any manners at all. another pet peeve is when people rev their engines at red lights and try to zoom off like they're hott sh*t. oddly enough, i only see this happen with people in really old junky cars, not even nice fast ones!

I'm not sure what the rules in your state are...but i would call the cops, maybe that would teach him a lesson. i know my neighborhood is sooo strict, there's cops that roam around and will ticket people. "disturbing the peace" tickets.

We live on a street that didn't used to be so busy but it's close to a high school so we get the earth-shaking tunes too. Even if I liked their choice of music I wouldn't appreciate having my windows rattle and the floors vibrate.

I do have tinnitus, not from loud music, but it's not fun.

ughhh, that stinks! i think i have a form of it too. like i would hear high pitch noises once in awhile. i don't think it's fromo loud music, but it could possibly be.

I agree when you can hear it a block away it is WAY TOO LOUD!!!! I should not have to hear anyone else's music. If it is so loud it can be heard outside of the car then it is too loud.

And I love listening to music..... I am seeing Springsteen tonight and tomorrow night :yahoo:

if you can hear the lyrics...you know it's deff. too loud! have fun seeing Springsteen!!! :smile:

I live in S. Fl so I have this problem alot....I dont get it either....maybe people like to feel like their clubbin in their car?

:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

I don't get it when people insist on turning up their music really loud even when there are other people in the car. It makes no sense to be sitting next to each other, but having to scream at the other person because the music is on too loud. I have some friends who do this and it drives me crazy!

yeah, i notice that. once i was in the car with my friend and my phone rang, he knew it rang and didn't even bother to turn the music down. :wtf:
or when i call someone, their music is blasted...i literally have to tell them to turn their music down, and if they don't...i simply hang up.

i like my music up full blast at home,my ears have been ringing for years,used to wear headphones in class when bored,but when driving,its not loud enough to blow someone off the pavement,but i do sing when something great comes on.