I Love Deep, Deep Discounts on Great Bags and Accessories - Reveal!

You know I love helping ppl save money

Both helping people to save and to spend money! But thanks so much for the heads up about the tiered sale. An extra 25% off after the 50% mark down makes a big difference!

This was an interesting transaction. I wasn't too excited about any of the FP Delete bags on display at Rosemont for the tiered sale. I was talking to the SA and told her that I had received a generous gift card but hadn't found the right bag yet. She said "Well, we do have some more bags from the retail stores in the back but I am not sure that I can sell them yet". I asked her if they had any larger rogues or dreamers and she said "no, but we have some other nice bags".

So I asked to see "the retail bags in the back" and she talked to her manager and he said "Go for it!" and so she came back with 3 bandits on her arms. There were 2 suede bandits, the medium blue suede with blue leather panels, and the grey suede bandit with oxblood trim. I think that they had both retailed for $650, and she also had the dusty rose tearose applique Bandit that had originally sold for $850.

I had looked at the dusty rose applique Bandit bag previously but had passed because it was such a pricey bag, but at $319 while I am toting a $300 gift card, it was an easy decision - and like I said, I don't have anything similar to it in my purse wardrobe.

I told the SA that I would take the tearose Bandit and I asked her "do you have any other goodies in the back?" She said "We have some accessories and I may be able to find a nice wallet to go with the bag!". She came back with the rose envelope wallet and when I saw the amazing discount price on the wallet I said "I'll take it!"

I asked the SA "Why are you keeping all these goodies in the back instead of out on display?" and she said "Sometimes we are not supposed to sell Special Bags from the retail store during big sales!" So apparently they are holding on to some bags to sell at higher prices after the sale ends. I can sort of understand that, but this Bandit bag came out in 2017 and I think that it is time to deep discount it!

If they are only offering 50% off on a bag then I may as well get it at the earlier Boutique sales events because the bag will be more current and fresher then! If it is an older style that has been sent to the outlets after the boutique sales have end, then it is time to offer it at a better price IMO!

She also showed me some Selena bags "from the back" including that metallic, silver or pewter-colored satchel with the kisslock dowel rod closure - but I can't remember the name - but it was too small for my interest. They had those same Selena bags out on display during the sale at the Aurora outlet the day before.

I've always felt that the Aurora IL outlet gets more and better FP delete stock, but now I am thinking that Rosemont also gets good bags, but tends to hoard them to try and make the best price on them.

When I was leaving the store the manager said to me "That's a beautiful bag, the very best Coach leather they make, and you really got it for a steal!" I laughed and agreed but said "That's true but it is only fitting that I got it for a steal because it is a bag for a Bandit!" He laughed and I thanked him and left.

Moral of the story, it doesn't hurt to ask if they are hiding any goodies in the back!

Last edited:
Both helping people to save and to spend money! But thanks so much for the heads up about the tiered sale. An extra 25% off after the 50% mark down makes a big difference!

This was an interesting transaction. I wasn't too excited about any of the FP Delete bags on display at Rosemont for the tiered sale. I was talking to the SA and told her that I had received a generous gift card but hadn't found the right bag yet. She said "Well, we do have some more bags from the retail stores in the back but I am not sure that I can sell them yet". I asked her if they had any larger rogues or dreamers and she said "no, but we have some other nice bags".

So I asked to see "the retail bags in the back" and she talked to her manager and he said "Go for it!" and so she came back with 3 bandits on her arms. There were 2 suede bandits, the medium blue suede with blue leather panels, and the grey suede bandit with oxblood trim. I think that they had both retailed for $650, and she also had the dusty rose tearose applique Bandit that had originally sold for $850.

I had looked at the dusty rose applique Bandit bag previously but had passed because it was such a pricey bag, but at $319 while I am toting a $300 gift card, it was an easy decision - and like I said, I don't have anything similar to it in my purse wardrobe.

I told the SA that I would take the tearose Bandit and I asked her "do you have any other goodies in the back?" She said "We have some accessories and I may be able to find a nice wallet to go with the bag!". She came back with the rose envelope wallet and when I saw the amazing discount price on the wallet I said "I'll take it!"

I asked the SA "Why are you keeping all these goodies in the back instead of out on display?" and she said "Sometimes we are not supposed to sell Special Bags from the retail store during big sales!" So apparently they are holding on to some bags to sell at higher prices after the sale ends. I can sort of understand that, but this Bandit bag came out in 2017 and I think that it is time to deep discount it!

If they are only offering 50% off on a bag then I may as well get it at the earlier Boutique sales events because the bag will be more current and fresher then! If it is an older style that has been sent to the outlets after the boutique sales have end, then it is time to offer it at a better price IMO!

She also showed me some Selena bags "from the back" including that metallic, silver or pewter-colored satchel with the kisslock dowel rod closure - but I can't remember the name - but it was too small for my interest. They had those same Selena bags out on display during the sale at the Aurora outlet the day before.

I've always felt that the Aurora IL outlet gets more and better FP delete stock, but now I am thinking that Rosemont also gets good bags, but tends to hoard them to try and make the best price on them.

When I was leaving the store the manager said to me "That's a beautiful bag, the very best Coach leather they make, and you really got it for a steal!" I laughed and agreed but said "That's true but it is only fitting that I got it for a steal because it is a bag for a Bandit!" He laughed and I thanked him and left.

Moral of the story, it doesn't hurt to ask if they are hiding any goodies in the back!
Love your finds! It does pay to ask what's in the back, or the secret cabinets they don't think I know about :smile:
I seriously need to plan a day trip to hit both Aurora and Rosemont! They have so much compared to the two closest to me.

Love your finds! It does pay to ask what's in the back, or the secret cabinets they don't think I know about :smile:
I seriously need to plan a day trip to hit both Aurora and Rosemont! They have so much compared to the two closest to me.

Are you near the Pleasant Prairie WI outlet? I used to head up north to shop there occasionally when Aurora IL was the only Coach outlet in the area, but I don't think that I have been back there since they opened the second area outlet in Rosemont IL. Sometimes having 2 outlets near me is too many!

They did not have the Page 27 bag that you were interested in on display at Rosemont yesterday although it was available at Aurora on Sunday - but it may have been hidden in the back at Rosemont!

I just called both the Rosemont and Aurora outlets and asked if the tiered coupon had been extended? They both said that the promotion had ended yesterday but "if you have the coupon that was mailed to your house then it is good through Wedneday." I am no longer getting any outlet coupons from Coach so I don't have it, but I've spent plenty on Coach this week so I am done for awhile.

Reactions: katev
Are you near the Pleasant Prairie WI outlet? I used to head up north to shop there occasionally when Aurora IL was the only Coach outlet in the area, but I don't think that I have been back there since they opened the second area outlet in Rosemont IL. Sometimes having 2 outlets near me is too many!

They did not have the Page 27 bag that you were interested in on display at Rosemont yesterday although it was available at Aurora on Sunday - but it may have been hidden in the back at Rosemont!

I just called both the Rosemont and Aurora outlets and asked if the tiered coupon had been extended? They both said that the promotion had ended yesterday but "if you have the coupon that was mailed to your house then it is good through Wedneday." I am no longer getting any outlet coupons from Coach so I don't have it, but I've spent plenty on Coach this week so I am done for awhile.
Yes. I like spending it too. Lol

It's gorgeous! I was going to guess it was a Bandit.

Congrats @katev! Your tea rose Bandit is gorgeous. The bag is so well made and comfy. Bay twin. Enjoy your new beauties.

It's beautiful! Congratulations!

Nice bag and wallet at a great price. Enjoy!

Love the new bag!! It is beautiful!

Beautiful buys! Congrats on such great deals!

Beautiful color and such a great price for both! Congratulations!

Thanks everybody! I think that the dusty rose color works well year round, but since it is a lighter color and has the floral embellishment, I am planning to use it as a Spring/Easter bag - but Easter is so late this year I don't know if I can wait that long to carry her! I will at least wait until winter coat season is finally over.

@SEWDimples how do you like your dusty rose tearose applique Bandit?

Last edited:
Thanks everybody! I think that the dusty rose color works well year round, but since it is a lighter color and has the floral embellishment, I am planning to use it as a Spring/Easter bag - but Easter is so late this year I don't know if I can wait that long to carry her! I will at least wait until winter coat season is finally over.

@SEWDimples how do you like your dusty rose tearose applique Bandit?
I really like both of my tea rose Bandits, but I have not carried Dusty Rose bag as much as the Black Tooled Tea Rose.

I am in between Pleasant Prairie and Johnson Creek. I go to PP more as it's on the way to see my family in the northern burbs. I used my coupon on my rogue 25, but I am going to try to be patient for the next mailer or 70% off :smile:

Before I reveal my new bag I want to share this lovely wallet that I snagged for a fraction of the original price.

I sure don't need another wallet but how could I resist a beautiful wallet at such a great price - and I didn't have a wallet in this color so I had to buy it - right?!

I got an FP Delete Envelope Wallet in Rose with Brass Hardware for only $53.10 although the original price was $295, a savings of $241.90 - now that's a steal!

The style number for the wallet is 12134 B4 RO.

Here are some photos, it's a very elegant wallet IMO!

View attachment 4353787

View attachment 4353788

View attachment 4353789

View attachment 4353791

wow, sweet deal on that wallet, looks like a very practical size neither to big nor to small.

wow, sweet deal on that wallet, looks like a very practical size neither to big nor to small.

Thank you! I love beautiful wallets (and I have a lot of them!) but I am usually not willing to spend a lot of money on an accessory - even though I realize that they are complex items and it requires a lot of work to make them; so when I come across a beautiful wallet at a bargain price, I just can't say "no"!

Oh my, such a pretty bag! Seeing yours made me want one!

Thanks! And I just realized something else about my new bag - it doesn't have the bulls-eye mark on the creed patch indicating that it was purchased from the outlet - probably because the SA brought it out "from the back room" and it wasn't ready to be put out on display yet.

Personally that little bulls-eye mark doesn't bother me at all when I am getting a lovely bag at a great discount price; but it is a nice little perk when your outlet bag hasn't branded as an outlet purchase!

BanditRoseHoboFloral_25657_007.jpg

Thanks! And I just realized something else about my new bag - it doesn't have the bulls-eye mark on the creed patch indicating that it was purchased from the outlet - probably because the SA brought it out "from the back room" and it wasn't ready to be put out on display yet.

Personally that little bulls-eye mark doesn't bother me at all when I am getting a lovely bag at a great discount price; but it is a nice little perk when your outlet bag hasn't branded as an outlet purchase!

View attachment 4357961

And I did! I bought a washed red! Lol![emoji56]