I like your Birkin...

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. This morning, I rolled into my local Starbucks with my Birkin and got in line with the rest of the caffeine-deprived sheep. Then something caught my eye and my heart started pounding. A lady was ordering and she had a 35 Rouge H Togo BIRKIN on the counter! I've never been this close to another Birkin carrier!!!

She finished ordering and went to the side to wait, so as soon as I was done ordering, I approached her and said, "I like your Birkin!'

She didn't even smile at me!!! She just grunted a little, and then I said, "I never see people with Birkins!" She eyed my Birkin a little, and just ignored me until her coffee was ready. OK, that was AWKWARD!!!!

What would you ladies say or do if a total stranger, also carrying a birkin, came up to you and said "I like your Birkin (or whatever identical handbag that both of you were carrying)..."

Disclaimer: If you happen to be a fellow PFer, then I apologize for having approached you so early in the morning, before your caffeine fix!!!

2. What a snooty grouch. I'd take her Birkin and wallop her on the head.

3. what a b***h.

if you complemented my birkin. I would have said " thank you" and "I like your color also".

4. lol, so would i!

I saw my first in-real-life Birkin on the way to nyc @ a rest stop of all places, and i was carrying my Ebene Kelly. I SO wanted to say something to her, but she looked like a total grouch and i was scared of her. lol. I just Gasped and nudged DH and was like "Birkin Birkin Birkin!!!!!! omg!"

5. I live in NYC, if I were to approach someone like that, especially a complete stranger, they may think I'm trying to mug them. So, I usually just nod and smile.

6. so snooty! she probably thought she's the only person on earth who can afford a birkin! ouch!

if it was me, i would smile and gracefully thank the other person and compliment her bag too, even if it's not a Hermes! grrrr!

7. If it was me I'd be talking Hermes with you a mile a minute!!! Leathers/colors/everything! :roflmfao:

8. What is up with that lady?!? Obviously in sore need of a caffeine fix!

9. I should've asked her if it was real.:graucho:

10. :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

11. Jehaga, maybe she was grouchy because hers was a fake and yours is real! LOL

12. WOW, how rude!!!!!

1. If I had a Birkin I'd be all happy!!!!:yahoo:
    2. If someone came up to me to comment on my Birkin it would make my day!!:yes: If they said, "I like your Birkin". I'd be like.."Thank you very much...I like yours too!" "Cool, to see someone else w/ one.." then go on chatting from there..Probably enjoy my coffee even more when I left..:P

Ahh, all this "what I'd do" LOL and I don't even have one, nor see one in the future. Oh well! :rolleyes: LOL! Was a fun dream!:yes:

13. Same here LV. If someone carrying a Birkin said they liked my Birkin I'd probably talk to them so much they'd back away slowly thinking whoa...she's a lil too obsessed with her bag. LOL ;)

14. WTH was up her buttocks?! How rude!!!

15. LOL!!:roflmfao: Sadly, no one has ever commented on any of my bags..:sad: So..I'd be ESTATIC! To say the least!! But ya, that woman definitely had what I like to say: " a Corn Cob"...