I just won this on ebay! So excited!!! Ink Thompson hobo

I almost bought this bag at the outlet a few months ago until member purpleoscuro's bag like this frayed on the leather loops, also crazy4coachbags did, too. (I hope I spelled their ID's right) Nevertheless, congrats, maybe yours will be perfect!

I bought one at the outlets too just a week ago and noticed that the loops on mine were already coming apart, so I ended up taking it back. I would just check the loops when it arrives - I didn't notice when I bought it, but when I saw people posting about the problem on here, I checked and indeed it was coming apart. Too bad because it's beautiful and I think the ink is the best color (I had walnut).

Nope you are absolutely correct! I totally decided its too big for me, but I just cant stop looking for them, so I figure what the hell - I found a good price and I'm going to give it a try!!!! Its NWT so Im sure I can resell it if its really too big, but its just one of those things that I cant get out of my head so I have to give it a shot. I sold my Julia, but I still wanted something like it with the detailing, so this is my next best shot at these bags. If it doesnt work, I have my Thompson top handle satchel I'll be done w/this line for good!

I know exactly what you're talking about! I had a fit for the previous year's large laced leather duffle, and DH kept telling me it's too big for me, blah, blah... So I didn't get it till one day it was on clearance at Nordies, and I snatched it up. I had bought the smaller version prior to that, and it was just too small and not really what I wanted because I didnt have the large out of my system either. So I tried the large version, and sure enough, I felt a bit awkward with it... but I kept it. Now that so much time has passed, when I get it out, it looks SMALL compared to a lot of my bags, lol!

I've noticed that as time goes by, I seem to keep escalating with both size and price, lol! :P Anyway, the bag totally works out for me now...or at least better in comparison to other bags (it's all relative, lol), so hopefully this bag will work out for you too! :yes:

I know exactly what you're talking about! I had a fit for the previous year's large laced leather duffle, and DH kept telling me it's too big for me, blah, blah... So I didn't get it till one day it was on clearance at Nordies, and I snatched it up. I had bought the smaller version prior to that, and it was just too small and not really what I wanted because I didnt have the large out of my system either. So I tried the large version, and sure enough, I felt a bit awkward with it... but I kept it. Now that so much time has passed, when I get it out, it looks SMALL compared to a lot of my bags, lol!

I've noticed that as time goes by, I seem to keep escalating with both size and price, lol! :P Anyway, the bag totally works out for me now...or at least better in comparison to other bags (it's all relative, lol), so hopefully this bag will work out for you too! :yes:

Ack me too lol!:P

That really is a beautiful bag, donnalynn. Can't wait to see some mod pics of her!

Yeah, I didn't think it would either, but I took ALL the paper out and threw my stuff in it because I still paid way up there at the outlet for the Juliette...it was like $631 when I bought it weeks ago. I tried it in the store because I didn't want a repeat of the leather hobo, but I really loved the look of the Juliette (and I was NEVER going to pay $1100 for that bag!). I found that at least that particular bag slouched a LOT, but again, it really depends on the leather for that particular bag and whether it was broken in. Mine does not resemble a slim duffle but rather hobo shape that also slouches at the top as well as the sides. My SA said they did not sell many of these, so most of the bags were new that reached the outlet, so maybe the one you saw had not really been touched and broken in either. The bag was definitely way overpriced at $1100...not a good risk for a metallic, but mine has held up well. Really my only complaint is that the strap is longer than I like and yes, still a tiny tad big. It hits my lower hip and sometimes bounces off my shoulder. I haven't seen Bunny's hobo, but again, I do think part of it is the leather that's used...some is thinner than others. I even tried to break my leather bag in, and it never happened. And yes, not to mention the sealant issues with this bag...but I have not had an issue with any of my Thompson bags yet, so it's either because I don't carry mine a lot, or luck of the draw, I guess!
I think I find that the heavier you weigh it down the more pull you'll see on the notches with the buckle (as I have recently). I'm trying to move the buckle around so I don't wear out one hold over another.

I'll try to get pics of my hobo when I have a chance.

Congrats Donna - Ink was the prettiest color in the bag IMO! I loved it when I first saw it, but couldn't find an Ink one so got the Toffee - it ended up not being slouchy enough for me, but then again, I only tried it out in my house and never used it -I'd bought it at the regular boutique price and just didn't want to take a chance and ended up returning her. I'm sure you'll love her - enjoy!

Congrats! I love my ink one so much that I'm stalking one in toffee now! I love the size and slouch. Normally I don't go for bags with a long drop, but I love the long drop on this one.

Oops, I just posted in the other thread (modeling pics) about how much I adore this bag! I actually have the ink one and I am so in love with it that I've considered getting a Walnut or Toffee version. There is a lot that I love about this bag but the one thing I don't love is that I did notice strom fraying at the loops which I know is a common problem with this bag. However, I don't want to send it in or anything so I just keep an eye on it and I also put a dab of leather glue (seems to have solved the problem so far anyway).

It is a big bag, I use it for school but I would totally use it as a regular handbag too! You are going to love it!