I have to blame Jadite for this purchase.

MiaBorsa

At the mall, BRB.
O.G.
Jun 17, 2012
I was recently talking to J about the Commemorative Dooneys and looking at her online photo album, which will make a Dooney lover cry. (Or green with envy, as in my case. :biggrin:) I have been hankerin' for an AWL satchel and her photos pushed me over the edge. After obsessing for a couple of months over whether to get IVY or BLACK, I finally ordered last week.

She arrived today and I am absolutely thrilled. I'll probably have to have another color before they discontinue this line. :love: To me, this is as close as it gets to "quintessential Dooney & Bourke."

Here she is, in gorgeous black w/saddle trim. Thanks for your advice, Jadite. :kiss:

bd2f555f-172c-4d1e-adff-4a5c75bdf980.jpg

69218c8d-6034-4453-ac9c-ebf34a12917e.jpg

65ed3f72-36ad-4a43-850c-8c320a41ed75.jpg

WOW, your satchel is Gorgeous! And I totally agree, Jadite is the one to blame! Her collection is Amazing!

Does it come with a long strap?

Thanks, MB. I used to own this bag in the ivory, but I gave it away a couple of years ago. :shucks: And no, the commemorative satchels don't come with shoulder straps. (Of course I have several bags with the saddle long strap, so I could use one of those if I choose to.)

J's Dooney Closet is a national monument to D&B. :roflmfao:

Here she is, in gorgeous black w/saddle trim. Thanks for your advice, Jadite. :kiss:

65ed3f72-36ad-4a43-850c-8c320a41ed75.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Love this bag , very beautiful pictures Sarah, the color combo is perfect.I actually own this bag in the ivory & saddle. Yes, Jadite's collection can bring you to tears. She looks beautiful with Hayley

Love this bag , very beautiful pictures Sarah, the color combo is perfect.I actually own this bag in the ivory & saddle. Yes, Jadite's collection can bring you to tears. She looks beautiful with Hayley

I wish I had kept my ivory one. Maybe I should call my sister and whine. I remember buying the ivory on clearance from QVC for about $100. SIGH.

I have to agree with everyone, that Dooney satchel is beautiful and classic!

I saw Haley this morning at Coach and Macys and I couldn't stop staring at her. She's beautiful too!

Congrats!

I have to agree with everyone, that Dooney satchel is beautiful and classic!

I saw Haley this morning at Coach and Macys and I couldn't stop staring at her. She's beautiful too!

Congrats!

Thanks! I am totally loving satchels these days. I find that I'm not even bothered by no shoulder strap...sheesh. I have only lately discovered that I can carry a bag on the crook of my arm. :biggrin:

Thanks! I am totally loving satchels these days. I find that I'm not even bothered by no shoulder strap...sheesh. I have only lately discovered that I can carry a bag on the crook of my arm. :biggrin:

I'm almost at that point. I'm taking baby steps. I either put the strap in the bag, or I leave it in the car. I like the size of the large MKors Grayson and it doesn't come with a strap so I'm practicing carrying my satchels without one so I know I'll be okay with the Grayson. LOL!

I'm almost at that point. I'm taking baby steps. I either put the strap in the bag, or I leave it in the car. I like the size of the large MKors Grayson and it doesn't come with a strap so I'm practicing carrying my satchels without one so I know I'll be okay with the Grayson. LOL!

I knew I was in recovery lately when I carried my Coach Molly to the mall shopping and I never used her shoulder strap a single time. YAY. :lol: Now I have two new satchels that didn't come with the straps!

Thanks, MB. I used to own this bag in the ivory, but I gave it away a couple of years ago. :shucks: And no, the commemorative satchels don't come with shoulder straps. (Of course I have several bags with the saddle long strap, so I could use one of those if I choose to.)

J's Dooney Closet is a national monument to D&B. :roflmfao:

This is an understatement and I haven't even seen any recent pix!!

I love your AWL Classic Satchel, Sarah!

I keep thinking of getting one and then don't 'cuz they aren't quite tall enough for my stuff. However, as usual, your picture put the bag back on my radar!

Sue