i have an idea. what do you ladies think?

Trying putting the one you're not thinking of replacing away (and not touching it) for a couple of days/weeks. If you don't miss it and are perfectly happy with the one, then go for it! IMO, if you feel like you really want two bags, you should reconsider selling both if you're only going to get one new. I did this while I was deciding whether or not to sell my Speedy, and I found it that I missed it waaaay more than I thought I would!

Thats a good idea... try that first, to make sure you won't regret it?

I treat my speedies as throw around bags so to me, I'd rather keep two used ones (provided they are still in good condition) than getting a brand new one, which will eventually 'turn old' with frequent use. However if having a new LV bag is important to you, and you'd rather have that than two different bags, then go for it.

hmm I wouldn't. However, how "used" are they? Because if they are pretty beat up, you should sell them and get something new!

I don't approve of the idea either but that's from someone who purchased most of her stuff brand new. I did get one bag used that was 2 years old for half the price of the new one and I totally love it and saved a few bucks. Also, I didn't have to worry about the white vachetta getting dirty over time--the seller kept it in good condition and it developed a nice honey patina.

If the two LV bags you bought are still in pretty good condition, I think it would be a waste of money and energy to sell them just to get that 'new bag' look. Yeah, it's nice to have a SA grab a bag for you from the back, allow you to inspect it and select it, and then have her/him wrap it up, box it, bag it, and present it to you in a big flourish and fanfare. As you walk out the boutique doors, people are surreptiously glancing at your brown bagged new purchase.

Honestly, it's a fun concept but this is short lived and meaningless in the long run. I personally would rather have a great deal and two LV bags at a fraction of the cost.

It's up to you. Good luck! :tup:

Last edited:
a lot of you guys asked about the condition of the bags.... the monogram speedy is in nice condition, except the patina is extremely dark because i think the owner probably put some kind of cleaner on it, but its from 2003, so i guess that's completely normal. the azur 30 is a different story... when i got it it had GUM inside on the bottom that i had to scrape out, smelled like smoke (but not a really bad smoke, smells a little perfum-y), and the patina is a bit dirty looking, and the piping is darker than the rest of the bag because i think it got water on it or something. there was a huge water spot on the bottom of the bag in the inside. So i'm not crazy about the bag's condition, but it was still an "OK" deal. To me what bothers me the most about have the used bags is that the darkening of the vachetta (on the hands especially) isn't from me... it's someone else's sweat and oils that made it darker, and who knows that they had on their hands! kinda funny but that's how i see it. i'd like to darken my own vachetta!
I still have no idea what i'm going to do but i now i've got a lot of things to keep in mind :smile: also- a few of you said try not to use the bag i wouldn't replace... we'll i'm not using either right now because i'm at school and i don't have them with me and they're not really functional for carrying my books. when i go out after classes, i just use a wristlet. I think the one i would want to use most is the azur just because i got it a few months ago and it's the season to do so! oh the decisions... it's going to take me a month to decide! but thank you so much, again, everyone!

As you are a student and need to schlep books, maybe you should consider selling your speedies and buying an LV bag that could hold your books. Then you could enjoy the bag all the time. Or!!! How about getting an Eva. If you're used to carrying a wristlet at school, an Eva might be just the ticket. Eva comes in Damier and in Mono, and you can carry it in your hand, as a wristlet, you can put the beautiful golden chain over your shoulder, or you can carry it crossbody.

Now that I think of it, I'd be leery of using an expensive bag to carry around books, so if I were in your shoes and I wanted an LV to use daily, I'd get an Eva, and then buy an inexpensive nylon or canvas bag to carry books in. LePliage or Land's End totes come to mind.

So today I just got an idea. I have 2 speedies (monogram 25 and azur 30). I got them used off ebay for a pretty good deal, but i feel like they aren't as great and "celebrated" as they should be since they're used. I want a new bag to make my own... Sooo I was thinking I can sell my 2 used bags back on ebay and with that money replace them (or one of them for now) with a new one. What do you think??

Sounds good, I got my first speedy off Ebay, and it just wasn't the same as going to the boutique and getting her- I sold her and have been in the boutique as much as possible! I like Ebay for the discontinued bags only-

At first my thought was:
I personally don't get it. Why would you want to take the bags you have and sell them for new ones? You'll be losing money that way.

But then I saw your post about the bags and their condition. It sounds like they are little more worn and beat up than they look "good." If you would be happier having a bag brand new, or even a tiny bit pre-loved, then you should do it.

Given the condition of the bags I am not sure that you will get enough for a new one. You would definately have to disclose all that detail...smells, stains, water marks in an ebay listing or you will end up with unhappy buyers and chargebacks.