I have a problem with the lindy, am I the only one?

perja, gina_b, I think the image of the gym bag is just perfect:roflmfao::roflmfao: you are so funny, and even if I really respect other people's opinions I am glad we think about the same.

Don't misunderstand me, I really appreciate that H has tried to do something new and very contemporary, I really appreciate the fact that you can tell it has required a lot of thinking. The design is clean, neat, and the bag is very versatile. It's for sure that the lindy wasn't born in half an hour. I also appreciate that it has no buckles, fringes, chains (frenchiefan I agree on that). But that said I just don't like it, and I would never spend a lot of money on that bag.

It just doesn't make me dream. It doesn't recall to my mind the beauty, the elegance and the luxury, that feeling of perfection, and I don't find in it the WOW! factor that makes it impossible to leave the shop without it.

I know many people will hate me for what I'm saying, but it just looks like an "it" bag to me right now.

perja, gina_b, I think the image of the gym bag is just perfect:roflmfao::roflmfao: you are so funny, and even if I really respect other people's opinions I am glad we think about the same.

Don't misunderstand me, I really appreciate that H has tried to do something new and very contemporary, I really appreciate the fact that you can tell it has required a lot of thinking. The design is clean, neat, and the bag is very versatile. It's for sure that the lindy wasn't born in half an hour. I also appreciate that it has no buckles, fringes, chains (frenchiefan I agree on that). But that said I just don't like it, and I would never spend a lot of money on that bag.

It just doesn't make me dream. It doesn't recall to my mind the beauty, the elegance and the luxury, that feeling of perfection, and I don't find in it the WOW! factor that makes it impossible to leave the shop without it.

I know many people will hate me for what I'm saying, but it just looks like an "it" bag to me right now.

I'm still dreaming of your Maharani clutch, TT.

I don't like the Lindy on me at all either. I tried it on and my Alaskan SA said that it looked like a dog carrier on me! It does not do anything for me but then I saw it on Maggie and she rocks it!

Although I still haven't seen one IRL, I really like the style of this bag. Just not for myself.
shopmom, I'm with you on the Evelyne and the CDC cuffs. In fairness, I should add that I'm not tempted by any Hermes enamel or leather bracelets.
millstream and tt, i havent seen the lindy IRL either,
but don't think it's for me. it reminds me of a gym bag.
but i LOVE :heart: the evelyne2 (and i carry it more often than my birkin)
and i don't like :wtf: the H cuffs and enamel or leather bracelets at all.
frh, your mom and i think alike:
that's why breyer's made vanilla AND chocolate ice cream! :yes:

I don't know... no matter how much I look at it, no matter how many times I try it on... I just can't seem to like it.:shrugs:

But everybody else does.
Everybody keeps on telling me that it's going to be a great success (or that it already is) and that I should buy one until it's possible to find some in the shops. But I can't, because I just don't like it.

Am I the only one? Is there something wrong with me?:confused1:

no there's nothing wrong with not liking something just because it's 'in' and everyone else likes it. it's not something to worry about. it's alright to go against the grain and have your own taste, instead of being influenced by the majority...
there are lots of iconic bags that i don't like and that people seem to love - monogramme bags, the kelly (i think it looks like an old lady bag, and not in a good way), the classic chanel bags in quilted leather with the gold chain...

You know, as a fan of the Lindy...I admit, I don't love it as much on the shoulder as I do hand-held or over the forearm....I can see the gym bag/dog carrier comparison.

That being said...the exact thing I love about the Lindy is how the appearance takes on totally different looks depending on the way it is carried....so lady-like in the hand - so casual (and comfy) on the shoulder. :yes:

Millstream & shopmom, I'm with the both of you regarding the CDC cuffs, any H enamel or leather bracelets ... I like seeing them on other ladies, just not myself.

I love my Lindy very much, and I fell in love from seeing a runway picture of it. To me, it's a practical bag that I can rough up, and yet be able to enjoy the H leather quality and make. This is one bag I don't mind kicking under the car seat, by the way.

On the other hand, there are 2 classic H bags that I'd tried time and again, and find it very hard to like and never could part money for, even in exotic skin, are the Bolide and the Trim.

Really ... to each it's own.